Pill Reminder is an easy-to-use and reliable app that helps you remember to take your medications at the right time. It allows you to create any type of recurring reminders (every X hours, specific times, daily, weekly, monthly, every X days, etc). It tracks the remaining quantity of each medication and shows a refill alert when running low.
It has everything you need:
• Reschedule Medications
• Refill Reminders
• PRN (as needed) Medications
• Reminders for Medical Appointments
• Email Reports to your Doctor
• Multiple User Support
By remembering to take all of your medications at the right time, you are taking control of your own health.
• Repeat every X hours (e.g. From 8 AM to 8 PM, every 4 hours)
• Repeat at specific times (e.g. 9:15 AM, 1:30 PM, 8:50 PM)
• Repeat every half hour (e.g. From 10 AM to 2 PM, every 30 minutes)
• Repeat on selected days of the week (e.g. Every week only on Mondays and Fridays)
• Repeat every X days, weeks or months (e.g. Every 3 days, Every 2 weeks)
• Repeat daily for 21 days and then take 7 days off (Birth Control)
• User friendly interface
• If you took your medication early or late, you can reschedule the next doses in that day
• Get alerts to refill your prescriptions before they run out
• Can be used with any medication, supplement, vitamin, or birth control that follows a regular schedule
• Swipe from right to left to mark a medication as "Taken" directly from the lock screen or notification banner
• Ability to add PRN (as needed) medications
• Keep track of the medications you have to take throughout the day
• Pre-Alarms: Be notified prior to the actual time
• Auto-Snooze: Automatically repeat the alarm up to 5 times at regular intervals (e.g. 1 min, 10 mins, 30 mins) until you take action
• Add notes, time and dose taken for reference
• Mark medications as Taken or Not Taken
• Get alerts when medications are about to expire
• Email your medication list or administration history to your doctor
• Add reminders for medical appointments
• Add photos to each medication for easy identification
• Multiple user support. Add medications for yourself, family members, or others you care for
• Ability to search the FDA Drug Database for your medications (Available in the US only)
• Has a calendar to view all reminders by month
• Backup and restore all data on the same device or multiple devices
• 32 built-in alarm sounds
• VoiceOver accessibility support
• Notifications are local, you don't require internet
• App doesn't need to be open to receive notifications
• Universal App, full native support for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
• In the free version, you can add unlimited medications but only 2 reminders
• Full version with unlimited reminders is available as an In-App Purchase
• Added support for iOS 12
Ratings and Reviews
Best reminder yet
I have had a handful of prescription reminder over the last 8 or so years. Some failed to work after Apple updated their OS, which is the reason I purchased the full version of this APP. For me, the APP does exactly what I needed and then some. I recently had a full knee replacement so keeping on top of the pain is critical for me. The reminders are outstanding for this and being able to see the daily history is a great help. After using the APP for about a week, it dawned on me that the reminder system would also work for keeping track of my daily exercises. I treat the exercise like medication and I use the instruction box to input the instruction from the Physical Therapist. I use the notes box to track my progress. Since I just stated, I am not sure how many characters are allowed in this boxes.
The only thing that I word like to see in a future release is an automated syncing to all of my devices like I see in other APPs. There is a feature in the APP that accomplishes the same thing, but it is a manual process, which you must remember to do.
Just needed an app to remind me to give my toddler her medication every 8 hours- and surprisingly it was hard to find an app that would do that! This one works perfectly for this- gives me a reminder ahead of time and snoozes/reminds me until I check “taken”.
Another key feature is that I can set the meds to be taken at the same time every day- it doesn’t just count every X hours. For example, I set it at 7.5 hours so that I didn’t have to give her meds at such crazy early or late hours- I was worried the app would just add 7.5 hours to the last time I scheduled her meds every day, changing that time every day- but it did NOT- it stayed 7am, 2:30pm and 10pm for each day. I know this seems silly, but sometimes they don’t think of things like this when they make apps!!
Long review- but this App really made this awful chore a bit easier for me! Thanks!
Helpful but needs work
I purchased the full version of this app and find it worth the money. The interface is easy to read and the integration with a calendar is useful. Email feature is great especially if you’re helping someone manage their needs remotely. That said, a few revisions/additions would bring this app to 5 stars. First, the programming is laborious and can get confusing with multiple medications and multiple dosing. It isn’t always possible to enter a prescription as written on the label so you have to figure out a way to program the medication dosage schedule on the app to follow the prescribed schedule. Cumbersome. Second, cloud backup feature would be great. Third, pill icons too limited and can get confusing. Any way to link with medication database online for greater accuracy? Fourth, multiuser feature to alert you about relative’s medications, for example. These suggestions are not essential but would upgrade the utility of this app IMHO.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Sergio Licea
- 17.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2011-2018 Sergio Licea
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.