Brought to you by Drugs.com, the Pill Reminder is an incredibly flexible and easy-to-use application. It is not only a pill and refill reminder, but also a comprehensive personal medication record (PMR) app for your iPhone. Use the Pill Reminder app to manage any combination of medications, vitamins, supplements and birth control pills.
With all Drugs.com apps, we have tightly integrated content from the most popular, complete and up-to-date drug information website. Adding your meds will give you quick access to check for drug interactions, dosage and side effects.
* Intuitive interface lets you build a list of medications and setup reminders with ease in just a few seconds using the huge built-in database of drugs.
* Set up any type of recurring pill reminders using our flexible scheduling options.
* Multiple user support. Assign medications for yourself, family members and those you are caring for.
* Pin lock for privacy & security.
* Script reminders to let you know when to get your prescription refills.
* Big selection of sounds. Select extra loud or extra long reminder sounds.
* Add custom notes to your pill reminders e.g. take with food, doctor or prescriber details, pain level etc.
* Add photos of your medications for a quick visual reference.
* Quick access to comprehensive medical information for your drugs including side effects, dosage, interactions, pregnancy safety and more.
* Snooze the reminders when you are in an important meeting or just don’t want to be disturbed.
* Keeps a history of when you have (or have not) taken your meds.
* Uses local notifications which are free and do not require any internet connection.
* App does not need to be running in the background to receive reminders.
* All data is kept on your personal device only and is fully secure and private.
* Export your medication list and/or administration history.
* Choose from multiple alarm sounds including long duration sounds to get your attention.
An invaluable tool for medication management and adherence. You’ll never miss another scheduled time to take your medication. Look forward to taking your meds on time, every time with the Drugs.com Pill Reminder app.
Known issue: this might seem obvious to some, but if you accidentally turn off the volume of your iPhone, you will only receive a vibrate alert. However, reminders will still appear on your home screen. This is a known limitation of the iPhone OS and is beyond our control.
Important: The Pill Reminder app is intended for educational purposes only. You must not rely on this application alone to remember to take your prescriptions or to replace medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Drugs.com does not provide medical or treatment advice. Always consult with a physician.
Follow us on Twitter @drugscom for tips and updates.
Drugs.com is the most popular, comprehensive and up-to-date source of drug information online. Providing free, peer-reviewed, accurate and independent data on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines & natural products. Drugs.com is a multiple Webby Award nominee and attracts more than 24 million U.S. visitors per month.
If you have any feature requests, suggestions or you simply need help, please visit http://www.drugs.com/apps/support/ and our responsive support team will prioritize your request.
Ratings and Reviews
I love it! If it ain’t broke don’t fix it
This is one of the best pill reminder apps I have tried. I love the fact that all I have to do is put a check in a box and that the time doesn’t change if I forget to log it in when scheduled. I love the fact that I can program certain days as opposed to a whole week. And I love the pill skip and pill missed options. Please don’t change anything. If it’s not broke don’t fix it.
UPDATE: After using this app for a while I have only one issue. The issue I have with this app is in the notifications. I have the notifications set to show the badge numbers on the app when the pills are due to take. If I have two different pills, two numbers show. If I mark one pill as taken all the numbers disappear. Each pill should have a badge number and they do but the numbers should only disappear after the selected pill was marked taken and that would make this app perfect.
DOES NOT SYNC FROM iPHONE TO iPAD
Although this application is available for iPhone and iPad the data entered won’t sync across platforms
Also it is cumbersome. Cannot indicate multiple meds taken at same time if earlier or later than originally scheduled except to manually do 4 step entry for each medication.
And there is no way to display a list or graph showing whether or when a particular medication has been taken over a day or week or any other time period. You can look at whether you checked it off for a given scheduled time on a given day. But if you have checked indicating that the med was take for a scheduled time the actual time you indicated isn’t shown correctly. Instead the time scheduled is shown, which is misleading.
One would expect these problems would have been addressed and solved after all these years if sponsors of the app cared about maintaining and improving it. Guess they don’t care.
Handy app for humans
UPDATE: Not sure if I missed it before or if they added this feature but I can now add meds not in the database (veterinary).
I am increasing my rating to 5 stars. Thank you!
This was exactly what I was looking for. Set it up and forget it. My problem, and why I give it 4 not 5 stars is, I have a canine with heart problems. He’s on 3 meds, one of which is veterinary only and not in the database. I had to choose a med that starts with the same letter. Another is in the database but the dosage is not listed in the amount he’s prescribed.
Can you make it so we can add or modify our own meds, not be limited by those listed in the database? Once that’s done, I’ll gladly upgrade my rating! Thank you!
- Drugsite Trust
- 22.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 Drugs.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.