Experience the game that revitalized the classic RPG genre in a complete and definitive package that includes every expansion, bonus, and update, presenting Pillars of Eternity at its best. Obsidian Entertainment, the developer of Fallout: New Vegas™ and South Park: The Stick of Truth™, together with Paradox Interactive bring you to the original and incredible world of Eora, and send you on an unforgettable adventure where the choices you make and the paths you choose shape your destiny.
Recapture the deep sense of exploration, the joy of a pulsating adventure, and the thrill of leading your own band of companions across a new fantasy realm and into the depths of monster-infested dungeons in search of lost treasures and ancient mysteries. The Definitive Edition includes the award-winning Pillars of Eternity alongside its expansions, The White March: Parts I & II, as well as all bonus content from the Royal Edition, and a new bundle of content called the “Deadfire Pack,” inspired by Obsidian’s upcoming Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.
Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition features:
• Deep character customization: Build a character as one of eleven classes such as Barbarian, Chanter, Cipher, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Ranger, Rogue and Wizard.
• Sculpt your own story: Side with various factions using a reputation system, where your actions and choices have far reaching consequences.
• Explore a rich and diverse world: Beautiful pre-rendered environments laced with an engaging story and characters bring the world to life.
• Journey to new regions and meet new companions in The White March: Parts I & II, the game's expansion chapters, and find new stories to experience
• All premium content originally sold with Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition, including the original soundtrack, a digital collector's book, an original novella set in the Pillars universe, and much, much more
• The all-new Deadfire Pack DLC, which includes new in-game items to earn and discover, and new portraits from the forthcoming sequel, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, releasing in 2018
• Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Good narrative, challenging and fun BUT….
I enjoy exploring the maps, the various task and quests, the characters, and the narrative. The game has an enjoyable level of difficulty. It’s an ideal for people who like long, engaging gameplay. The most difficult and frustrating aspect of the game is actually the scroll function in the dialogue with characters and the merchants. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!!!!!! PLEASE FIX IT!!! Sometimes it is so bad I just have to guess at my prompts and then read the journal to see what happen. The dialogue is one of the best parts of the game and it is disappointing to have such a difficult time navigating it.
Also, I wish there was a way to at least haggle with the merchants. Earning coin in the game is a bit more challenging then what I would consider fair in comparison to the prices of the merchandice.
The stronghold is an interesting idea but I don’t know if the benefits outweigh the cost of building and maintaing it. Income for taxes is turn based but pay for the guard is based on playing time. You have to be pretty aggressive in completing goals make just a little bit of coin. It’s annoying because sometimes I just want to explore.
All in all, it’s a good game. I’ll probably keep playing. I think part of goal was to prevent players from farming coin and experience, which I like but it needs to be a bit more balanced on effort vs. reward.
Buy it now!
Like alot of the reviewers, I was a way back Baldur’s Gate fan (Pool of Radiance before that). Pillars captures…and then improves on about every aspect I remember from those games. The user interface is definitely intuitive to use and the graphics are outstanding on my MacBook. I haven’t had a single issue installing, loading, running, playing, enjoying the game. The story line actually has some thought behind it. So far the only thing I would improve upon, and maybe it has been in Pillars II, is more flexibility in the AI you can assign to each party member. I haven’t spent a great deal of time trying to figure it out too much and just go with manual on everything from the start (which is very easy to do).
If you are on the fence about the game, just climb on over. You will not regret this purchase.
Great game, worth every penny i spent on it. the expansion packs are like the old icewind dale games, the main game is like baldur’s gate. all without the clunky d&d 2nd edition rules to bog it down. it comes with a bestiary and a glossary, and even a tooltip helper in case you can’t figure things out. great plot, characters, and character development. it also has multiple routes with multiple endings. i couldn’t be more satisfied with this game.
- MP Digital, LLC
- 13 GB
- English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2015 Paradox Interactive.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.