Pursue a rogue god over land and sea in the sequel to the multi-award-winning RPG Pillars of Eternity. Captain your ship on a dangerous voyage of discovery across the vast unexplored archipelago region of the Deadfire. Bend the world to your will, as you explore the depths of infinite possibilities, including detailed character customization, total freedom of exploration, and more meaningful choices at every turn.
• Immerse yourself in a deeper single player RPG game experience - enriched with cutting edge technology and features, Deadfire builds on the foundation of classic D&D gameplay with vastly improved graphics, deeper game mechanics and a whole new hand-crafted adventure where choices truly matter.
• Discover the new region of the Deadfire – plot your own course by ship and explore the rich and exotic islands of the archipelago region, discovering new places interacting with their inhabitants and engaging in a variety of quests at every port.
• Build your party and customize your companions – choose from 7 different companions to join you on your quest and assign multiple classes and deeper abilities for each. Witness their personal relationships and interactions unfold with the addition of the new companion system.
• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
• OS: OS X 10.12.3 or newer
• Processor: Intel Core i5-540M @ 2.53 GHz
• Memory: 4 GB RAM
• Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 6750M or NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M or Intel Graphics
• Storage: 35 GB available space
New Features & Updates
• Shroud of the Phantasm - A new community-designed cape, the Shroud of the Phantasm seems to grant the wielder the favor of Wael, though the will of the God of Secrets is all but impossible to discern for certain. Wearers gain the ability to manifest illusory duplicates and are rarely, if the God of Secrets is watching, struck with bolts of understanding capable of turning the tide of battle. You can find this magical item hidden within Berkana's Observatory.
• Ability Tree Preview - Thanks to our programming team, the Class Ability Tree can now be viewed outside of the level up screen! This can be done from the Inventory/Character Sheet UI, or when recruiting a new companion.
• New Magran's Fires Challenges added - New challenges and old favorites have been added for players that want a difficult experience with a twist. These challenges can be found by clicking the head of Magran at the bottom of the Title Menu.
The Fog of War is greatly reduced around the Player's Character.
Torches can help increase the vision area.
Weapons and Armor now degrade during adventuring.
Weapons and Armor can be repaired for a price through the Enchanting Menu.
• Enchanting UI Update
The Enchanting Menu has received a visual re-work. Enchantment progression paths are now much clearer, and it should be easy to tell if a new enchantment will replace or rework an old enchantment.
• Steam Workshop Mod Support - Mods will now be supported through the Steam Workshop page. Check it out to see what unique changes the community is bringing to the world of Eora!
• Audio Combat Remixing - Our audio team has remastered in-game combat sounds, resolving a suite of bugs and generally improving the game as per community feedback:
Combat Chatter now provides more critical feedback and is easier to understand during combat.
Creatures have been tuned to spam sounds less
Ability audio has been tuned to react to other sounds (i.e. gets softer when combat chatter is playing)
And much more!
• New Backer Items and Pets - Additional Backer Pets and Backer Items have been implemented to the game including:
5 Backer items added
14 Backer Pets added
Resolved Major Issues
• FPS degradation over time that was introduced in v2.0.1 no longer occurs.
• Party companion portraits are now saved after restarting the game.
• Items are no longer duplicated when using the Quickload feature during item transactions.
• Modals appear when a weapon is copied into a character's main hand.
• Pillars of Eternity 1 saves are now recognized across all supported languages.
• Auto-attack and Swap Weapon set AI actions now properly adhere to the cooldown value set in the Behavior Editor.
• Auto-Pause feature for Spell Cast no longer triggers for Passive or Modal abilities.
• The Behavior Editor no longer displays two different layers at once.
• "Daily Wages lost" will no longer appear multiple times after a game load.
• Money qualifiers are now always displayed in dialogue choices.
• Ornaments will no longer shift when looking at UI Menus.
• Fixed scrolling issues when selecting abilities and conditionals in the AI Behavior Editor UI.
World Map and Ship Changes
• Extra unusable ship supplies will no longer show up in personal inventory.
• Crew members no longer spawn in the same space in the scene.
• Hitting Cancel when naming an island will no longer set the island name to default.
• The correct Hollowborn choices from Pillars of Eternity will be reflected if the player chose to return the souls.
• Ranger Pets no longer teleport next to their owner on loading a save.
• Having higher intellect no longer penalizes effects that apply over time.
• Spearcaster displays correctly in German tooltip.
For a complete list of changes please visit
Ratings and Reviews
Captain your ship and immerse yourself in the unexplored archipelago area of Deadfire.
Previous issues fixed — works great! OMG—back in Eora!
I’m taking time out of my day to tell people that the App store version is working fantastic on my 2017 MacBook Pro. The gameplay has been improved and the graphics are stunning. I really appreciate that much of the story is narrated as it draws you right into the world. Some of the options are far more complex, but I don’t see that as a detraction as it will result in a definitive replayability factor.
My congratulations go out to this fine game’s production team and I want you to know that you’ve now made my wife very angry—100% of my free time will be spent in front of screen for the next few months!
This is simply a superb game and you really don’t see anything else like it in the App Store.
Tremendous detail & deep story
I had to throttle back the frame rate only because my iMac is a mid 2016 retina… I understand the physics… that’s OK. the play and involvement is wonderful very engaging, take the time to savor the beautifully designed and rendered scenes… the motion is smooth and intuitive as is the interface… No I do not work for these people, I am an old ex Amiga user; used to good gameplay, and then on hi powered PC’s etc., this is a truly great product for the Mac… Try to imagine interacting in a great fantasy adventure book…. that is exactly what this is. MORE!
- MP Digital, LLC
- 24.5 GB
- English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Obsidian Entertainment. Published by Versus Evil. Published on the Mac App Store by MacPlay.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.