Pursue a rogue god over land and sea in the sequel to the multi-award-winning RPG Pillars of Eternity. Captain your ship on a dangerous voyage of discovery across the vast unexplored archipelago region of the Deadfire. Bend the world to your will, as you explore the depths of infinite possibilities, including detailed character customization, total freedom of exploration, and more meaningful choices at every turn.
• Immerse yourself in a deeper single player RPG game experience - enriched with cutting edge technology and features, Deadfire builds on the foundation of classic D&D gameplay with vastly improved graphics, deeper game mechanics and a whole new hand-crafted adventure where choices truly matter.
• Discover the new region of the Deadfire – plot your own course by ship and explore the rich and exotic islands of the archipelago region, discovering new places interacting with their inhabitants and engaging in a variety of quests at every port.
• Build your party and customize your companions – choose from 7 different companions to join you on your quest and assign multiple classes and deeper abilities for each. Witness their personal relationships and interactions unfold with the addition of the new companion system.
• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
• OS: OS X 10.12.3 or newer
• Processor: Intel Core i5-540M @ 2.53 GHz
• Memory: 4 GB RAM
• Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 6750M or NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M or Intel Graphics
• Storage: 35 GB available space
• Resolved Issues •
The Combat Start is no longer visible before starting combat in certain situations.
Terrified party members who cannot move will now pass their turn correctly.
Casts interrupted by "Mage Slayer" are now correctly removed from the turn queue in turn-based mode.
In deck-to-deck combat, loot can no longer be lost if there is too much.
Characters are now able to jump between ships' decks during combats in turn-based mode.
Characters automatically finish reloading when their turn starts.
The combat speed slider will now update correctly when using the hotkeys to change it.
The Combat Start autopause event will now trigger properly when combat starts with a cutscene (e.g. deck-to-deck combat).
Vela's level now matches the player's level in Hylea's Challenge, granting her bonus defenses.
Summoned creatures are now set to the caster's level.
Turn order UI will not appear in trap-triggered combat with no enemies.
Characters will no longer get stuck in their walk speed after leaving a cutscene.
Characters are no longer walking after leaving a Slog Zone.
In turn-based mode, Berath's Challenge kills unconscious characters after they have been unconscious for 3 consecutive rounds rather than 3 total rounds.
Character's Initiative no longer displays in the Inventory while playing in Real-Time with Pause mode.
(Spoiler) The Oculus will now turn off after both conduits are destroyed in turn-based mode.
(Spoiler) The player can now return the quest to Tayn after completing The Forgotten Sanctum DLC.
(Spoiler) The Animancer's Folly and Gul Trouble endurance challenges will no longer get stuck between waves in turn-based mode.
• Balance Changes •
Light, one-handed weapon's damage has been slightly increased in turn-based mode.
In turn-based mode, dexterity now adds 4% to Stride per point.
In turn-based mode, characters receive -10 Deflection while Knocked Down.
Ratings and Reviews
Previous issues fixed — works great! OMG—back in Eora!
I’m taking time out of my day to tell people that the App store version is working fantastic on my 2017 MacBook Pro. The gameplay has been improved and the graphics are stunning. I really appreciate that much of the story is narrated as it draws you right into the world. Some of the options are far more complex, but I don’t see that as a detraction as it will result in a definitive replayability factor.
My congratulations go out to this fine game’s production team and I want you to know that you’ve now made my wife very angry—100% of my free time will be spent in front of screen for the next few months!
This is simply a superb game and you really don’t see anything else like it in the App Store.
Best Tech Support Ever
The gameplay has been really good so far, but what's impressed me is that I had a weird little bug, which lead to epic tech support.
At one point, I went into a bathhouse, which triggers yoru characters being in swimwear. I expored an area in swimwear, not realizing I should have gotten my gear back. Several REALLY hard fights later, I go back, thinking I'll get my gear back. I don't and all my save games are either very old or inflicted with the same bug.
While Obsidian couldn't fix my save game, the effort they put in to make the game playable with that save game can only be called heroic. Another weird bug came up and they kept plugging away, when every developer I've ever dealt with would have said start a new game.
Obviously, you want a bug-free product, but with software, that's unlikely to ever happen. So if you have a bug, you want the Obsidian team on it.
Even if this had been an average game, I would have come away feeling very positively about Obsidian, but since this is a great game, I want to make sure everybody knows about it.
Boring ... No Depth ... No Strategy
Most of the time is spent running around the world having one fight and then traveling across the world to get paid the bounty or reward. Travel across the world for another quest and then ... travel back across the world to get the reward. The campaings/quests are very short and unfulfilling. Many of them are repeated with the same exact map (e.g. ship combat and many small encounters).
The climax/end is a long, simplisitic series of narrated stories on what each character did after the campaign ... ok ... really? All of these consequences at the end of the game? Why not have thse "revelations" introduced during the game in a better way so that the end could have had some meaning?
- MP Digital, LLC
- 27.4 GB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Obsidian Entertainment. Published by Versus Evil. Published on the Mac App Store by MacPlay.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.