Pursue a rogue god over land and sea in the sequel to the multi-award-winning RPG Pillars of Eternity. Captain your ship on a dangerous voyage of discovery across the vast unexplored archipelago region of the Deadfire. Bend the world to your will, as you explore the depths of infinite possibilities, including detailed character customization, total freedom of exploration, and more meaningful choices at every turn.
• Immerse yourself in a deeper single player RPG game experience - enriched with cutting edge technology and features, Deadfire builds on the foundation of classic D&D gameplay with vastly improved graphics, deeper game mechanics and a whole new hand-crafted adventure where choices truly matter.
• Discover the new region of the Deadfire – plot your own course by ship and explore the rich and exotic islands of the archipelago region, discovering new places interacting with their inhabitants and engaging in a variety of quests at every port.
• Build your party and customize your companions – choose from 7 different companions to join you on your quest and assign multiple classes and deeper abilities for each. Witness their personal relationships and interactions unfold with the addition of the new companion system.
• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
• OS: OS X 10.12.3 or newer
• Processor: Intel Core i5-540M @ 2.53 GHz
• Memory: 4 GB RAM
• Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 6750M or NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M or Intel Graphics
• Storage: 35 GB available space
• The Hauani O Whe (Ooze) and Belranga (Crystal Spider) MegaBoss locations unlock correctly on the world map.
• Fixed characters with certain dual-weapon loadouts not using their off-hand attack.
• Weapons will no longer disappear after the user levels up the equipped character.
• Essence Interrupter bow will no longer prevent Hauani O Whe from dividing.
• Users who installed certain localization mods and do not own Seeker, Slayer, Survivor can load their savegames again.
• The Valian term Sérre now has the proper accent and a tooltip explaining its usage in dialogue.
Ratings and Reviews
Captain your ship and immerse yourself in the unexplored archipelago area of Deadfire.
Previous issues fixed — works great! OMG—back in Eora!
I’m taking time out of my day to tell people that the App store version is working fantastic on my 2017 MacBook Pro. The gameplay has been improved and the graphics are stunning. I really appreciate that much of the story is narrated as it draws you right into the world. Some of the options are far more complex, but I don’t see that as a detraction as it will result in a definitive replayability factor.
My congratulations go out to this fine game’s production team and I want you to know that you’ve now made my wife very angry—100% of my free time will be spent in front of screen for the next few months!
This is simply a superb game and you really don’t see anything else like it in the App Store.
Best Tech Support Ever
The gameplay has been really good so far, but what's impressed me is that I had a weird little bug, which lead to epic tech support.
At one point, I went into a bathhouse, which triggers yoru characters being in swimwear. I expored an area in swimwear, not realizing I should have gotten my gear back. Several REALLY hard fights later, I go back, thinking I'll get my gear back. I don't and all my save games are either very old or inflicted with the same bug.
While Obsidian couldn't fix my save game, the effort they put in to make the game playable with that save game can only be called heroic. Another weird bug came up and they kept plugging away, when every developer I've ever dealt with would have said start a new game.
Obviously, you want a bug-free product, but with software, that's unlikely to ever happen. So if you have a bug, you want the Obsidian team on it.
Even if this had been an average game, I would have come away feeling very positively about Obsidian, but since this is a great game, I want to make sure everybody knows about it.
- MP Digital, LLC
- 26.1 GB
- macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Obsidian Entertainment. Published by Versus Evil. Published on the Mac App Store by MacPlay.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.