Pillars of Eternity
By MP Digital, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
***Save 60% on Pillars of Eternity for a limited time***
Voted the Mac App Store "Game of the Year" for 2015 by Apple's editorial team!
Prepare to be enchanted by a world where the choices you make and the paths you choose shape your destiny. Obsidian Entertainment, the developer of Fallout: New Vegas™ and South Park: The Stick of Truth™, together with Paradox Interactive is proud to present Pillars of Eternity.
Recapture the deep sense of exploration, the joy of a pulsating adventure, and the thrill of leading your own band of companions across a new fantasy realm and into the depths of monster-infested dungeons in search of lost treasures and ancient mysteries.
So gather your party, venture forth, and embrace adventure as you delve into a realm of wonder, nostalgia, and the excitement of classic RPGs with Obsidian’s Pillars of Eternity!
• Play as any one of six races: Human, Aumaua, Dwarf, Elf, Godlike and Orlan.
Utilize five core skills to overcome any situation: Stealth, Athletics, Lore, Mechanics and Survival.
• Deep character customization: Build a character as one of eleven classes such as Barbarian, Chanter, Cipher, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Ranger, Rogue and Wizard.
• Sculpt your own story: Side with various factions using a reputation system, where your actions and choices have far reaching consequences.
• Explore a rich and diverse world: Beautiful pre-rendered environments laced with an engaging story and characters bring the world to life.
• OS: OS X 10.6.3 Leopard 64-bit or newer
• Processor: Intel Core i5-540M @ 2.53 GHz
• Memory: 4 GB RAM
• Graphics: Most video cards with 512 MB such as ATI Radeon HD 6750M or later, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M or later, Intel HD 3000 or later
• Hard Drive: 19 GB available space
What's New in Version 3.0.5
• Brighthallow error on transition (this includes Durance / Hiravias, and Rod of Wind and Thunder issues). This fix is retroactive!
• Fighter's ability Confident Aim no longer doubles on Save/Load.
• Wizard's spell Wall of Draining no longer increases beneficial spells permanently.
Spells and Abilities
• Skeleton Wizard's 'Necrotic Lance' is now set up as a ray spell.
• Fixed an issue where Bash was hitting multiple times with Carnage.
• Ancient Memory no longer deactivates after casting an Invocation.
• Fixed the issue where Cipher's Phantom Foes flanked debuff was removed when the target was engaged.
• Cipher's no longer get hit with Psychic Backlash at the start of combat.
• Torment's Reach no longer procs off every enemy hit.
• Priest's Seal spells no longer activate twice.
• Iconic Projection no longer bypasses DR.
• Fixed an issue with Ranger's Twinned Arrow and Driving Flight accuracy.
• Ranger's Powder Burns now works as intended with DR Penetration.
• Druid spell Infestation of Maggots now does the intended amount of damage per tic.
• Fixed multiple issues with Glittering Gauntlets.
• Cape of the Cheat will now be rewarded to base and px1 players.
• Sabre base damage has dropped to 11-16, and it will have a +20% damage mod.
• Engagement is now broken when characters are knocked back.
• Fixed the Nav around the adra pillar is Elmshore.
• Charming all enemies in a combat will no longer reset combat.
• VFX that start from characters heads are now correctly aligned.
• Personal 'Total Damage Done' no longer comes up as '-Infinity'.
• Korean Loc issue with text getting cut off during Character Creation.
'• Missing GUI" no longer appears in the combat log with Fire Stag.
• Fixed an issue where audio was cutting out during the End Slides after the White March section.
Highly enjoyable with a compelling storyline
I loved how this game brimmed with creativity. While the character system is a bit dense, the game is forgiving in that it lets you experiment and “re-roll” your character and NPCs by simply visiting an inn. I originally started this game planning to build up a part of my own NPCs, but the game’s NPCs proved to be so interesting and entertaining (great voice acting!) that the single NPC I created was relegated to minding the keep. The only other minor complaint I have is the unnecessary level cap—I don’t understand why, if you are willing to spend the time and effort to level your characters, the game designers feel it is necessary to force a “balance” by limiting your characters’ development. Still, Pillars of Eternity is well worth your time and money, and I can’t wait for the sequel to come out.
Great Game, especially for newcomers
As someone who wasn’t able to get into Baulder’s Gate 1 that well, I was skeptical about this game. However, I was surprised by how much I liked this game. This game is very newcomer-friendly, and I had no trouble enjoying it. Currently, I am playing on the newest MacBook Pro, and its been working great. The only reasons that someone wouldn’t want to buy this game is because there is alot of reading to do (since some of the game isn’t voiced), and this game will demand alot of power from your computer, so you’re gonna hear your fan alot. Other that that, I’d recommend this to anyone willing to try an old genre.
top notch entertainment and very stable
Fear not the Pillars of Eternity!
POE is an Honest Baldur’s Gate sequel with improvements; a “Realtime (turnbased optional) strategy ‘Dungeons and Dragons' Role Playing Game” RTS D&D RPG. If you like BG I or II, you’ll love POE (BG was/is a best seller RPG or D&D game).
I’m only hours into it, past opening and getting out of first town (a smaller one) to next. There is plenty more on the map too see. The music is good (not great), the graphics are great (more effects and higher definition than BGs), the story is as good or better than in BG I and II. POE hasn’t yet kept me forever in a dungeon crawl before then next objective - it’s well balanced. POE isn’t linear, it does Not force the player to follow a rigid set of actions. POE is actually BG newer version; with totally new plot, graphics, characters. (note: medium difficulty is now easier, so consider harder)
There are zero crashes on my newer Apple iMac. It doesn’t make best use of keybaord or magic mouse, software released also for microsoft/linux platforms rarely do.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 21, 2016
- Version: 3.0.5
- Size: 12.98 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: MP Digital, LLC
- © 2015 Obsidian Entertainment, Inc. Pillars of Eternity published under license of Paradox Interactive. Published on Mac by MP Digital, LLC.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- The White March - Part I Expansion Pass$14.99
- The White March - Part 2 Expansion Pass$14.99