Sleep trouble? Sleep better with Pillow, your smart sleep assistant. Pillow can analyze your sleep cycles automatically using your Apple Watch, or you can use Pillow without an Apple Watch by placing your iPhone or iPad on the mattress near your pillow.
Use Pillow as a smart alarm clock to wake you up at the lightest possible sleep stage and start your day refreshed and relaxed. Record important audio events such as snoring, sleep apnea and sleep talking. Explore trends about your sleep and compare your sleep quality with ten Apple Health metrics that affect sleep.
Fall asleep faster with Pillow’s carefully selected sleep aid sounds and get personalized insights and tips about sleep using Pillow’s unique Snooze lab feature.
Pillow has been featured in: The New York Times, Forbes, The Guardian, BuzzFeed, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, MacStories and has been rated by many as one of the best sleep tracking apps for the Apple Watch and iPhone.
Join the millions that have discovered the life-changing benefits of great sleep!
- Just wear your Apple Watch during sleep. Pillow will automatically detect and analyze your sleep
- Sleep calendar: Pillow can detect sleep sessions from past dates.
- View last night’s report on your Apple Watch or iPhone
- Automatic sleep tracking does not require the Apple Watch app to be installed
- Get your sleep analysis report automatically as soon as Pillow detects sleep.
- Alarms & Audio recordings are not available in automatic mode
- Track your sleep with your Apple Watch, iPhone or iPad by pressing start when you go to sleep and pressing stop when you wake up.
- Smart wakeup: Pillow will wake you up at the lightest possible sleep stage
SLEEP & HEART RATE ANALYSIS
- Advanced sleep analysis algorithm, based on the latest scientific findings in sleep research
- View your heart rate graph overlaid on top of your sleep analysis graph
- Detailed sleep stage diagram (Awake, REM, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep) and sleep session statistics like time to sleep, time in bed and more
LISTEN TO IMPORTANT AUDIO EVENTS DURING SLEEP
- Records sounds during your sleep
- Play, export or delete any audio recording
COMPARE YOUR SLEEP QUALITY WITH APPLE HEALTH
- Pillow updates Apple Health’s Sleep category automatically
- Compare your sleep quality with many Apple Health categories that affect sleep
SLEEP AID MELODIES AND WAKE UP SOUNDS
- Carefully selected wake up sounds
- Select any song from your iTunes library to use as an alarm
- Sleep aid melodies and ambient soundscapes to help you fall asleep
- Optional vibration settings (iPhone only)
- Pillow analyzes your sleep cycles and suggests the best time to go to bed. Pillow can notify you when your optimal bedtime approaches
- Personalized experiments & recommendations.
- Regularly updated with the latest scientific research and sleep-related facts
SLEEP TRENDS & STATISTICS
- Explore your sleep history with Week, Month, Year and All Time overviews
SECURELY BACKUP AND SYNCHRONIZE & EXPORT YOUR SLEEP DATA
- Sync your sleep data and audio recordings between your devices
- Connect to your Runkeeper account to automatically update your sleep data and share it with other apps
- Select between powernap, recovery and full cycle naps
MOOD REPORTING & SLEEP NOTES
- Track your mood when you wake up
- Add your notes to every sleep session and discover how they affect your sleep quality
PREMIUM FEATURES INCLUDE: (One-time purchase. No subscriptions or hidden fees.):
- Unlimited sleep history
- Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, sleep trends
- Listen to your sound recordings
- Nap Modes
- Access to all wake-up melodies
- Access to all sleep aid programs
- Snooze lab: Personalised sleep tips
- Compare your sleep quality with Apple Health metrics
- Wakeup melodies from your iTunes library
- Database export in CSV format
- View your latest sleep analysis using Siri
Create a shortcut to view your latest sleep analysis using Siri without having to launch Pillow. If you use the Shortcuts app, you can also get a dictionary of all the sleep session data so that you can process and incorporate it to any of your workflows!
- Start a sleep session using Siri
You can now use Siri to start a sleep tracking session in Pillow. You can either create a shortcut to start a sleep tracking session with the most recently used settings (alarm time and sleep tracking mode) or create a Siri shortcuts for one or more specific alarm times and tracking modes.
- Start nap sessions using Siri
If have unlocked Pillow’s Premium Features, you can also create Siri Shortcuts for any of the 3 special nap modes that Pillow offers.
- Siri suggestions and Siri Apple Watch face
If you use the Siri Watch face on your Apple Watch, Pillow will also show you last night’s sleep quality and provide a handy shortcut to start a sleep tracking session by tapping on the relevant suggestion on the Apple Watch.
Fixes & Improvements
- Added a diagnostic option to help our support team diagnose potential issues - Fixed an issue that would prevent the playback of audio files in certain cases - Fixed an issue that would incorrectly update the sleep quality diagram
Ratings and Reviews
Okay, I’m going to start off by saying that I love the app. It works wonderfully, and the technology seems to be greatly engineered to check when I really am sleeping and when I wake up. The audio recordings are great, they’ve caught me saying some hilarious things in my sleep.
I do have some suggestions. I understand that the feature where you can either shake the phone or hold the button for three seconds are meant to make sure people are really awake and getting up. Well, I happen to be a pretty light sleeper, and I get up very well, and I own the full version of the app but I’ve noticed that there is no option to just tap to disable the alarm. I’d like this feature to be implemented if it’s not too much to ask.
Also, I think it may be cool to have a dream journal added. Like when you wake up, there may be a notepad there for you to begin typing out what you dreamt, and it keeps track of the night you dreamt it and stores it somewhere. There should also be an option to click a button that says, “I don’t remember what I dreamt.” And to go back and begin a journal entry if you didn’t remember it at first but now do/didn’t have the time to type it then.
Thank you for your time!
I like the app despite its inaccuracies
I like this app and find that it is helpful with my current goal of trying to get more sleep so I can be more clear and productive every day. I purchased the Premium version because I wanted to hear what noises I could possibly be making at night. The sound recording seems to work only intermittently, despite the fact that the phone is about a foot from my head and the mic sensitivity is on high. It also will sometimes record several notes a minute, for about 10-15 minutes, and those notes end up being empty when I've gone to listen. Also, despite the fact that in my "notes" I put "read" almost every night and "ate late" only once or twice, it says that I ate late about 36% of the time and read 11% of the time - even after I went in and put "read" on almost every night to see if it had an affect - that part of the app does not work. Also, the sleep aid music worked before I paid for the app when I was going to sleep. Now if only works when I'm not using my watch. It does work for naps on my watch, just not when I'm going to bed at night. (I do wonder how it can tell the differences between light, deep and REM sleep.)
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you for reaching out. We're really glad you enjoy Pillow. Regarding the audio recordings, please note that Pillow cannot record any audio while a sleep aid is playing either from Pillow or another app and this could explain why sometimes you are not getting any audio recordings. If you believe that's not the case, please contact our support team to investigate further. Also, the percentage value in the sleep notes indicates how much your sleep quality was affected, not the frequency of each note. Regarding the sleep-aid music, it should always play regardless of whether you use the Apple Watch. Can you please contact our support team and let us know more about this issue? Lastly, to learn more about how Pillow's sleep analysis algorithm works, please check an article that we posted about this on our blog on the following link: https://neybox.com/visualising-sleep-in-pillow/ . To contact support: Open Pillow on your iPhone > Tap on the Settings icon > Select 'Helpdesk'.
I never have never seen such a good app.
There are many good sleep tracking app for the Apple Watch. But I have never seen such a good one. Why? Well, before I get the Pillow app, I was using the auto sleep app for the Apple Watch, and at first I loved it! After a while though I started recognizing that it was a little in accurate. After using the Pillow app, I’ve seen how my sleep is in as good as I thought it was, and I feel like I can make it better If I continuously use the app. I had if I get below a 70% sleep quality score, that I will not have a good day or I will be tired, but if I get above a 70% sleep score, then I know I can’t have a great day.
Another reason why this app is better than the app I was using before is because it is so much more in depth. Before I even used the Apple Watch, I had a fit bit ionic, and I loved the sleep tracking feature, because it was so accurate and it was very in depth, but this is an Apple Watch and it’s not even made to be a complete fitness device, and the fact that it has more in-depth tracking and more accurate tracking than the Fitbit, just shows how great an app this is.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Neybox Digital Ltd.
- 284.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Neybox Digital
- In-App Purchases
- Pillow Premium $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.