Pillow: Sleep tracking & analysis alarm clock
By Neybox Digital Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pillow is an advanced sleep tracking alarm clock that can effortlessly measure and track your sleep quality. Wake up refreshed and learn more about the benefits of great sleep.
Included in Best New Health & Fitness apps on the App Store.
Featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, CTV Canada AM, The Guardian, The Hindu and many more.
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
- You can now track you sleep using your Apple Watch.
- View last night’s report right on your Apple Watch, along with the heart rate analysis for the night.
INTEGRATION WITH APPLE’S HEALTH APP
- Automatically adds your sleep duration to the Health app after each sleep session
- Visualise inside the app how your sleep quality is affected by a variety of health and fitness metrics including weight, heart rate, blood pressure, caffeine and alcohol consumption, dietary calories and Nike Fuel activity. [Premium Feature]
TRACK YOUR SLEEP QUALITY WITH ACCURACY
- Advanced sleep analysis algorithm, based on the latest scientific findings in sleep research.
- Accurate sleep tracking algorithm that detects both motion and sound patterns.
- Detailed sleep stage diagram (Awake, REM, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep) and sleep session statistics.
- Heart rate analysis for each sleep session (requires connection with Apple Health)
- Detects and analyses naps and short sleeping sessions.
- No calibration required.
- Records sounds during your sleep.
- Play, export or delete any audio recording. [Premium feature]
- Smart audio recording algorithm, discards noise.
OPTIMAL WAKE UP TIME
- Pillow monitors your sleep cycles and selects the best possible time to wake you up, just a few minutes before the alarm you have setup.
- Adjustable time window for the smart wake up period.
SNOOZE LAB [Premium Feature]
- Personalized experiments & recommendations.
- Constantly updated with the latest scientific research and sleep related facts.
- Achievements to keep you motivated.
BEAUTIFUL & EASY TO USE UI
- Beautifully animated, intuitive gesture based interfaced
- Clean iOS8 inspired design.
- Easy to access help screens and video guide.
DETAILED SLEEP HISTORY TRACKING [Premium feature]
- Explore your sleep history with Week,Month,Year and All Time overviews.
- Data integration with Apple's Health
- M7 & Runkeeper activity data integration: View your physical activity in comparison to your sleep quality.
- Discover your sleep profile.
DATA BACKUP & SYNC
- iCloud support: Pillow uses iCloud to safely backup your sleep data and audio recordings.
- Sync your sleep data and audio recordings between your devices.
- Connect to your Runkeeper account to automatically update your sleep data and share it with other apps.
- Export your database to .csv format.
5 SLEEP TRACKING MODES
- Switch between any combination of app functionality:
Sleep cycles, Audio recordings and Alarm.
3 POWERNAP MODES [Premium feature]
- Select between power, recovery and full cycle nap
- Easily enter your mood after each sleep session and see how it relates to your sleep quality
- Add your personal notes to every sleep session
SLEEP AID MELODIES AND WAKE UP SOUNDS
- Carefully selected wake up sounds.
- Select any song from your iTunes library to use as wake up sound. [Premium feature]
- Sleep aid melodies and ambient soundscapes to help you fall asleep.
- Optional vibration settings.
2 ALARM DEACTIVATION MODES
- Press and hold to stop
- Shake the device for a short period.
3D Touch support
- Quick start an alarm
- Quick start a nap
- View your the diagram of your last recorded sleep session
PREMIUM VERSION (available as an in-app purchase) unlocks the following features:
- Detailed sleep statistics
- Unlimited history
- Full access to sound recordings
- Powernap modes
- Access to all wake-up melodies
- Access to all sleep aid programs
- Snooze lab: Personalised sleep tips
- Wakeup melodies from your iTunes library
What's New in Version 3.1.4
I'm a student in high school that has to get up every morning to get to school by 7:15 and 7:25 at the latest to make it to class by 7:30. Not only that I have to wake up even earlier then most of the kids because I live out of the district and I have about a 25 minute drive to school. This app not only makes me aware of my sleeping habits but also the smart alarm that goes with it is AMAZING. I love it. It wakes me up lickity split. No problems for mom, nothing. I'm a heavy sleeper most of the time. I've tried all sorts of alarms. iPhone, traditional, annoying, any type of alarm I could get a hold of I would try. Yea it would work the first few days but after about the third time I would sleep right though it. With this alarm, oh no. It not any different sounding then iPhone alarms. The thing that makes it the best is that it wakes you up at the best time, which is when you are the most awake in your sleeping process. You just set your time then say 30 minutes before my alarm start to track my sleeping and when I get to that one stage in my sleep wake me up. It works every time.
I think it's guessing most of the time...
This app knows when I start and stop trying to sleep because I press "Start" and "End", and if I get up in the night and being my iPod with me, it accurately records the time of being awake, but the rest of the time I think it is just guessing and making different random graphs each night to make it look like it knows what my sleep was like. For example, the time it thinks it takes me to fall asleep is always exactly 10 or 15 min, even if I am awake for half an hour. And often in the morning I have vivid dreams which I remember as I wake up (which should register as REM), but Pillow says I was in either deep or light sleep at those times. What gives? And when I nap (and Pillow labels it as a nap), it always says my sleep quality was very poor. The ratings for sleep quality seem to be a complete sham, as it has no relation to how well rested I feel when I wake up.
All that being said, I like having a record of my sleep time, and I like being able to attach notes to each sleep session. I just wish it was more honest about the information it claims to report.
(Note: I have tried placing it on the bed next to my pillow and on the pillow, but neither seems to work.)
Needs auto sleep detection feature
This app has the potential to replace 3 other apps for me. It has all the data analysis of Sleep Cycle, the audio recording of 24/7, and the Apple Watch support of Sleep+.
But there are 5 things that would make it perfect...
1) It has no Auto Sleep detection with the Watch like other apps offer. (ie, AutoSleep or SleepWatch) So you have to remember to manually start the app every night, or you get no data.
Other apps can use the motion and heart data from the Health app to detect sleep and give you graphs every night. So as long as you have your Watch on, you never miss a night.
Pillow needs to add this one feature more than anything else. I constantly fall asleep before remembering to start the Pillow app, so I end up with no data far too many nights.
2) It needs to pull in weather data for your current location when sleeping, and use that data to analyze any correlations that could affect sleep quality (ie, temperature, humidity, pressure, etc)
3) The sleep quality number seems arbitrary. One night I slept for 8 hours with lots of deep sleep and it calculated 60% quality. The next night I slept 4 hours and it calculated 69% quality. Huh?
4) It would be nice to be able to default the graphs views to always start with Monthly or All views instead of manually having to switch from the Weekly default everytime.
5) Would also be nice to be able to reorder the sleep notes in the order you want.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 28, 2017
- Version: 3.1.4
- Size: 156 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Neybox Digital Ltd.
- © Neybox Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pillow Premium$4.99