Pillow: The sleep cycle alarm clock for sleep tracking
By Panos Spiliotis
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** CYBER MONDAY DEAL: 60% OFF Pillow's premium features for a limited time! ***
Pillow is an advanced sleep tracking alarm clock that can effortlessly measure and track your sleep quality, improve the way you wake up and help you learn more about sleep and new ways to improve it. Just place your device next to you on the bed while you sleep.
Included in Best New Health & Fitness apps on the App Store and featured in The Washington Post, CTV Canada AM, The Guardian, The Hindu and many more!
INTEGRATION WITH APPLE’S HEALTH APP
- Automatically adds your sleep duration to the Health app after each sleep session
- Visualise inside the app how your sleep quality is affected by a variety of health and fitness metrics including weight, heart rate, blood pressure, caffeine and alcohol consumption, dietary calories and Nike Fuel activity. [Premium Feature]
TRACK YOUR SLEEP QUALITY WITH ACCURACY
- Advanced sleep analysis algorithm, based on the latest scientific findings in sleep research.
- Accurate sleep tracking algorithm that detects both motion and sound patterns.
- Detailed sleep stage diagram (Awake, REM, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep) and sleep session statistics.
- Detects and analyses naps and short sleeping sessions.
- No calibration required.
- Efficient battery usage.
- Works in background mode, even when the phone is locked.
- Records sounds during your sleep.
- Play, export or delete any audio recording. [Premium feature]
- Smart audio recording algorithm, discards noise.
OPTIMAL WAKE UP TIME
- Pillow monitors your sleep cycles and selects the best possible time to wake you up, just a few minutes before the alarm you have setup.
- Adjustable time window for the smart wake up period.
SNOOZE LAB [Premium Feature]
- Personalized experiments & recommendations.
- Constantly updated with the latest scientific research and sleep related facts.
- Achievements to keep you motivated.
BEAUTIFUL & EASY TO USE UI
- Beautifully animated, intuitive gesture based interfaced
- Clean iOS8 inspired design.
- Easy to access help screens and video guide.
DETAILED SLEEP HISTORY TRACKING [Premium feature]
- Explore your sleep history with Week,Month,Year and All Time overviews.
- Data integration with Apple's Health
- M7 & Runkeeper activity data integration: View your physical activity in comparison to your sleep quality.
- Discover your sleep profile.
DATA BACKUP & SYNC
- iCloud support: Pillow uses iCloud to safely backup your sleep data and audio recordings.
- Sync your sleep data and audio recordings between your devices.
- Connect to your Runkeeper account to automatically update your sleep data and share it with other apps.
- Export your database to .csv format.
5 SLEEP TRACKING MODES
- Switch between any combination of app functionality:
Sleep cycles, Audio recordings and Alarm.
3 POWERNAP MODES [Premium feature]
- Select between power, recovery and full cycle nap
- Easily enter your mood after each sleep session and see how it relates to your sleep quality
- Add your personal notes to every sleep session
SLEEP AID MELODIES AND WAKE UP SOUNDS
- Carefully selected wake up sounds.
- Select any song from your iTunes library to use as wake up sound. [Premium feature]
- Sleep aid melodies and ambient soundscapes to help you fall asleep.
- Optional vibration settings.
2 ALARM DEACTIVATION MODES
- Press and hold to stop
- Shake the device for a short period.
PREMIUM VERSION (available as an in-app purchase) unlocks the following features:
- Detailed sleep statistics
- Unlimited history
- Full access to sound recordings
- Powernap modes
- Access to all wake-up melodies
- Access to all sleep aid programs
- Snooze lab: Personalised sleep tips
- Wakeup melodies from your iTunes library
What's New in Version 2.3.3
- Alarm now starts at higher volume
- Stability improvements
- Redesigned warning when an iTunes library song is not available offline
I switched from several other apps I had tried with all the detailed extras this offers. The extra premium charts are practical and helpful though a little pricey. No other app I tried for free tracked REM sleep. Wish it would add a link to write notes and mostly that it would chart the time from Start until falling asleep; which I think is more important than a couple of the premium charts. Still highly recommend it.
The UI/UX is WAY better than Sleep Cycle and doesn’t require you to sign into anything — I am NOT uploading my sleep data to some random company’s database.
While the free version very limited, it’s functional enough. My problems with the app are as follows:
1) It made my phone EXTREMELY warm
2) While it lets you record audio, the moment you try to access the audio, you hit the paywall. Usually the paywall is upfront, not letting you use certain features unless you want to pay for them, but waking up to a “gotcha” from an app was a very effective way to get it deleted from my phone.
I’ll just wait until a trusted wearable company makes a cheap device to measure my vitals when I sleep instead. For now, I’m happy to just record my sleeping times on the Health app manually than to worry if an app is going to bake my phone.
Really cool, just wish it were all free.
This is a really cool app and I totally recommend it. It actually helps me sleep better and know how much more sleep I need. It has some crazy awesome features like recording anything you might say in the middle of the night, but you have to pay to get that feature. But if you just want good sleep and a way to track it, this is the app to do all that with.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 30, 2015
- Version: 2.3.3
- Size: 145 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Panos Spiliotis
- © Neybox Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pillow Premium$1.99