Our famous Pilots “Free Flight” Atlas. Founded in 1998 as an App for iPhone and iPad.
Detailed mapping with selectable aeronautical overlays.
Create your charts with the information you choose. Add positions, notes, photos and share with friends and colleagues.
Now increased functionality and Global coverage to offer you an enhanced solution with just the right mix of land and sky with custom tailored charts and information.
Create your own map style, many different map layers and different databases (aeronautical / navigation-aids and Points of Interest´s etc.). Insert, store and/ or edit your flight planed route by using ICAO/ IATA-codes, waypoints, VOR´s NDB´s or Lat/ Long. Find positions with a separate Lat/ Long finder.
Insert and save your destination favorites, create trips, waypoints, photos or notes directly on the map. Implement screen shots from your online-map into the offline-map.
- Contour level by color (meter + feet).
- 120,000 Waypoints (three different types)
- 22,000 Airports (three different types)
- 75,000 Nav-aid´s (VOR-DME, NDB, TACAN, VORTAC, ILS-DME)
- 10,000 POI´s ( points of interest)
- FIR Boundaries
- Special Use Airspace areas (SUAs)
- topographical maps
- Trip planning (by Waypoints, VOR´s, airports, NDB´s, ICAO/ IATA codes or Lat/ Long).
- Share, copy, invert or export your trip, delete/ edit single trip-points or whole trips. The whole triplength is shown and also the distance between single trip-points.
- Show all your trips (or select your specials) in the map by different colors.
- 8 different charts on board: planning chart, offline map and online maps (OSM), OnlineMapQuest, Open Aerial, NASA Satellite today, NASA Satellite yesterday and NASA City Lights.
- Airports, Runway length, elevation, ICAO/ IATA, airport-name, city-name, Lat/ Long, frequencies, magnetic variation and much more
- Create range-circles around airports
- METAR + TAF are available by clicking on the airport-icon and you can create/edit your own weather-list (along your trip/route).
- connect an external GPS
- delete and re-download the areas you need whenever you like.
Captains Corner reference stuff:
- Aviation Converter / Calculator: (temp., mass, area, volume, energy, speed power, pressure, length, force..)
- Weather symbols
- VOLMET table
- SNOWTAM decoder (Notam + Metar)
- MEATAR decoder
- Aircraft country table (Capital city, reg.-code, ISO-code, dialing-prefix, time zone)
- ICAO prefix table
- Thumb rules
- Volcano warning
- Aeronautical abbreviations
- Morse codes
- Airport category
- Operating minima
- Operating minima CAT I + II
- Climb rate
- Jet fuel calculator
- Airport directory
- Nav-aid directory
- Waypoint directory
- Points of interest (POI) directory
- TAF decoder
- IATA delay codes
- Dangerous goods
- Military Interception signalling
- Military MEATAR color codes
- ACARS frequencies
- Airline ICAO-codes
- Flag Gallery worldwide
- Wind chill calculator
Additional weather-overlay as an InApp- subscription: 1-month free trial, (services provided during each subscription period).
The Weather-Layer is an yearly auto renewing in-App- Subscription for 3.99 USD with 30 days free trial.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
A completely new map. Developed from the ground up.
Download map vector data for much deeper zoom levels in offline mode and have many different styling-options. Including night-styles, 3D, terrain, satellite and many others.
Have no antimeridian stops any more.
Ratings and Reviews
Unusable and no support
I have an old paper version that I found useful (I am an Airline pilot) so I decided to give the electronic one a go. I went as far as purchasing one area (14$) to evaluate the product.
Maps don’t download, I went on the website and emailed the Company but, after more than a week, got no reply.
So far it’s a totally negative experience
Great first shot at the iPad app! Love it almost as much as the AbsoluteZero Paper Atlas that I have used for almost ten years. Already have found it very useful on flights. (I fly for an airline around Asia and have occasional trips to North America.)
A few little items would be helpful to change.
1. Organize User Trips. The ability to organize this would be helpful. (i.e.. alphabetical or by icao/IATA groupings.)
2. Establish User Waypoints. A way to establish your own waypoints (by lat/long, bearing/distance, or touch screen), then label it, and use it within a trip.
3. An Operations Manual on how things operate within the system. I have found my way through most of the items within the app. However, a manual that gives you limits of trip inputs (total trips available and also waypoints within a single trip.)
I originally downloaded the app. Then I bought the Asia charts to see how this all works. I WAS SO HAPPY with the app, a week later I decided to buy the Whole World charts. I am waiting to see if I can get an adjustment to this. (This would be appreciated by many, I am sure.)
Looking forward to the evolution of this app. Thanks. BBBOT
Great new features in ver. 2.0 and will only get better with pilot feedback which has been keenly taken note of thus far. Sure beats carrying the atlas around and turning many pages on long trips. Lots of quick and useful reference in captain's corners. Must have in your EFB!
- absolutezero multimedia GmbH
- 688.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 absoluteZero multimedia GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Whole World $79.99
- Weather Layer $6.99
- North America $31.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.