By absolutezero multimedia GmbH
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Now available for iPad and iPhone (universal App).
Our famous Pilots “Free Flight” Atlas. Founded in 1998, is now available as an App for iPhone and
Detailed mapping with selectable aeronautical overlays.
Create your charts with the information you choose. Add positions, notes, photos and share with
friends and colleagues.
Now increased functionality and Global coverage to offer you an enhanced solution with just the
right mix of land and sky with custom tailored charts and information.
Create your own map style with 5-8 different background maps / 15 different map layers and 21
different databases (aeronautical/ navigation-aids and Points of Interest´s etc.). Insert, store and/ or
edit your flight planed route by using ICAO/ IATA-codes, waypoints, VOR´s NDB´s or Lat/ Long. Find
positions with a separate Lat/ Long finder.
Insert and save your destination favorites, create trips, waypoints, photos or notes directly on the
map. Implement screen shots from your online-map into the offline-map.
- Contour level by color (meter + feet).
- 120,000 Waypoints (three different typs)
- 22,000 Airports (three different typs)
- 75,000 Nav-aid´s (VOR-DME, NDB, TACAN, VORTAC, ILS-DME)
- 10,000 POI´s ( points of interest)
- FIR Boundaries
- Special Use Airspace areas (SUAs)
- topographical maps
- Trip planning (by Waypoints, VOR´s, airports, NDB´s, ICAO/ IATA codes or Lat/ Long).
- Share, copy, invert or export your trip, delete/ edit single trip-points or whole trips. The whole trip-
length is shown and also the distance between single trip-points.
- Show all your trips (or select your specials) in the map by different colors.
- 8 different charts on board: planning chart, offline map and online maps (OSM), OnlineMapQuest,
Open Aerial, NASA Satellite today, NASA Satellite yesterday and NASA City Lights.
- Airports, Runway length, elevation, ICAO/ IATA, airport-name, city-name, Lat/ Long, frequencies,
magnetic variation and much more
- Create range-circles around airports
- METAR + TAF are available by clicking on the airport-icon and you can create/edit your own
weather-list (along your trip/route).
- connect an external GPS
- delete and re-download the areas you need whenever you like.
Captains Corner reference stuff:
- Aviation Converter / Calculator: (temp., mass, area, volume, energy, speed power, pressure, length,
- Weather symbols
- VOLMET table
- SNOWTAM decoder (Notam + Metar)
- MEATAR decoder
- Aircraft country table (Capital city, reg.-code, ISO-code, dialing-prefix, time zone)
- ICAO prefix table
- Thumb rules
- Volcano warning
- Aeronautical abbreviations
- Morse codes
- Airport category
- Operating minima
- Operating minima CAT I + II
- Climb rate
- Jet fuel calculator
- Airport dirctory
- Nav-aid directory
- Waypoint directory
- Points of interest (POI) directory
- TAF decoder
- IATA delay codes
- Dangerous goods
- Military Interception signaling
- Military MEATAR color codes
- ACARS frequencies
- Airline ICAO-codes
- Flag Gallery worldwide
- Wind chill calculator
Additional weather-overlay as an in-App- subscription: 1-month free trial, (services provided during
each subscription period).
The Weather-Layer is an yearly auto renewing in-App- Subscription for 3.99 USD with 30 days free
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of
the current period.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify
the cost of the renewal.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's
Account Settings after purchase.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.4.6
fixes a crash when location services are disabled
Doesn't work one the iPad Pro.
Been using this app for a while and while it's not the most Unser friendly at least it worked. Having just picked up an iPad Pro I'm sad to report that the app won't even download on the iPad. Not sure why but as far as I'm concerned it's bad compatibility, bad support and a bad app.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Aug 11, 2017
- Version: 3.4.6
- Size: 699 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: absolutezero multimedia GmbH
- © (c) 2017 absolutezero multimedia GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Whole World$79.99
- Weather Layer$6.99
- North America$31.99
- Afrika and Antarktica$31.99
- South America$31.99
- Upgrade from one area to whole world.$54.99
- Upgrade from two areas to the whole world.$26.99