By Le bord de la piscine
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Feb 19, 2014 Wonderful!! "This app is perfect for the pinhole photographer in the field. I love that I can save settings for all my cameras and recall them instantly in the moment. - Papskier"
*** So useful! May 26, 2013 "This takes the guesswork out of exposure calculation, since it turns your iPhone into a light meter and suggests the correct exposure! Works like a charm. Great app for pinhole photographers."
*** May 16, 2012 : "Pretty much the perfect app for pinhole", Gavin Lucas
*** March 26, 2012 "Pinhole photography - Great app! This will make pinhole photography much simpler to do", Zone v
*** November 28, 2011 "Great solution !! - Thank you for this Pinhole timing app. I have many different pinhole cameras and this will help me figure timing on all of them. Thank you !!Greg."
Pinhole Assist will be your companion to argentic and numeric pinhole, and wet-plate collodion photography. The range of aperture and sensitivity (starting at 0.05 ASA ) allows for 40-years photo paper, wet-plate and slow processes as well as pinhole.
* Built in camera computes exposure;
* Use built-in exposition timer and bubble level for optimal shot;
* The light meter behave globally or as or spot-meter; it allows for incident metering;
* Enter your camera aperture from the predefined list or compute it;
* Let the assistant automatically compensate for reciprocity of film (correction for long exposures, 40+ different curves included), or use your own curves.
* Save, restore and presets (combos) : aperture, predefined cameras, ASA and reciprocity settings
* Log all the information about a photography : preview, exposure, metering, location, interactive map , date and a shot. This information is saved and you can annotate it and export it (CSV or JSON).
You can create film and set reciprocity curve from within Pinhole Assist. Crete new ones, or tweak existing ones.
Use iTunes (on Mac/PC) to import/export access the films you created, or exchange them via email m curves (Go to the app Web Site for instructions)
Light measurement is only available on devices with camera. However, the manual setting allows you do do estimation with text indication, or use an external cell.
* better timer usability : now tapping the chrono icon directly starts the timer starting the chronometer automatically create a log. Go to the « settings » app to disable, if you prefer the previous way.
* rebuild combo : now you can edit for each camera+ film combination (combo) the aperture or the predefined camera, as well as film speed and reciprocity.
* Enhanced film behavior: choosing a film reciprocity now sets the film speed. (Existing preselections/ combos are automatically upgraded on first launch)
* 43 different films, including Multigrade paper and Harman positive paper
* 100+ différent pinhole and zone plate cameras : Ondu, Diana, Holga, Sténoflex, Reality soSubtle, Lensless, Ilford, Stenopéika, Vermeer, 8banners, ZeroImage, Leonardo, Carlos, Nopo, Spiral, Sharan…
Any other camera can be accommodated.
Go to the Settings to :
* adjust scales can be by ½ EV or ⅓ EV
* enable bellow correction: a button will appear on the main screen to allow bellow adjustment, allowing to use view cameras
* adjust the cell and incident metering constant
* start the timer automatically or not
* adjust log behavior
Disclaimer: this is not a camera app: it does not take picture. This is a sophisticated exposure calculator to take argentic (ou DSLR) shots with an pinhole camera.
What's New in Version 4.3.1
• fixed a bug that doubled characters when naming camera or reciprocity
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Feb 21, 2017
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Henry Thomas
- © 2011-2014 Le Bord de la Piscine
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.