Pinnacle Studio Pro
By Corel Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Best mobile app, Videomaker Best Products of the Year - 2014
* One of Time's 50 Must-Have iPad Apps - April 2013
* Two time PCmag.com Editor’s Choice Award winner and 4.5/5 stars – April 2012 & Feb 2013
* 148apps.com - 4.5 out of 5 stars!
Pinnacle Studio Pro is universal! Now one purchase gets you the same great app on your iPad and iPhone!
Perfect for mobile journalists and creative filmmakers! Big-screen moviemaking comes to the touchscreen with Pinnacle® Studio Pro. Our leading film-editing technology brings you an easy-to-use app that enables you to quickly edit video, audio, and photos at the speed of your creativity.
Swiftly arrange your clips in the Storyboard, make precision edits using the Timeline and Dual View Precision, and add high-quality transitions, effects, and a soundtrack. Enjoy HD output support and share your movie directly to YouTube, Facebook, Box and more—or export your project to Pinnacle® Studio for the PC and continue editing with even more advanced tools.
Easily Access Your Media
• Work with any media on your device—video, audio, and photos
• Access media from external devices via an Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
• Access media from Box, Vimeo, Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
• Capture video and photos from within the app
• Use “Open-In” feature to open compatible files from other apps
• Download media from iCloud Photos directly from the app Library
• Easily navigate your project with intuitive gestures
• Swiftly arrange clips in the Storyboard
• Make precise edits and trim individual frames in the Timeline and Precision Trimmer
• Easily replace one clip with another
• Create slow motion and fast motion effects for video and audio and maintain audio pitch (fully supports 120 and 240fps slo-mo video files)
• Use Montage templates to create multi-layer 3D animations, transitions, and titles
• Help your story flow using 16 transitions—including high-quality dissolves, fades, and more
• Generate professional-looking motion titles and graphics with full control over text, font, color, size, position, and rotation
• Create amazing Picture-in-Picture effects with full control over position, size, and rotation
• Pan and zoom on your photos to create high-impact slideshows
• Enjoy full-screen playback
• Use your own audio or choose from the included sound effects
• Purchase from a selection of Triple Scoop Music tracks
• Trim audio to any length, set levels, and fade audio in or out
• Use the Voiceover feature to add documentary-style narration to your videos and slideshows
• View and adjust audio levels in realtime with the professional Audio Mixer
• Easily share your movies via YouTube, Facebook, Cloud-storage, Airdrop and more
• Export projects with media to Pinnacle Studio for Windows
• Enjoy professional 2K and 4K support on the latest devices and full 1080p output support on any iPad or iPhone
• Export at 24, 25, 30, 50 or 60 fps (older iPads and iPhones may have limited support for higher frame rates)
Pro Technology, Pro Results
• Easy enough for the hobbyist, powerful enough for the pro
What's New in Version 5.6.1
• Improvements for iOS 10
• Fixed issue with scrolling to end of font list
• Minor performance improvement
A great professional video editor
Great new addition with the Fullscreen overlay template.
It's fantastic that this editor has a real timeline, two-view trimmer and audio mixing. I especially like the storyboard and timeline view where I can quickly layout a project in the storyboard, then use the timeline to refine my edits. I wish it had a true 2nd track, but you can do almost anything you could do with a second track use overlays on clips to create PIPs, overlay titles, etc. I really like the new audio features and especially the ability to export audio-only.
Frustrated by limitations and usability
I like the storyboard and transitions but (1) this app doesn't have some basic functions that other apps have and (2) usability could be better. A few examples:
- You cannot set the aspect ratio or produce portrait and square video.
- You cannot flip video or rotate it freehand with two fingers. You can only rotate 90°.
- There is no reverse video function.
- Some functions require 2 or even 3 taps to access instead of being clearly identified and accessible on screen.
- Import selection uses only a small amount of the screen instead of fullscreen.
- The small import area on the iPad does not go away while editing.
- There is no zoom-only function. Instead, you must select pan and zoom, then double tap the video or photo, set a starting position, and then copy start position to end position so that it prevents panning.
Note, I recommend watching all the tutorials before trying to use this app.
Great Value and Very Capable
For fraction of the cost of computer-based video editors such as Movavi, CybrtLink, and Filmora - the Pinnacle Pro has most of their capabilities! The learning curve was shallow for my creating a first video for my Facebook page and looked wonderful. Yes, there is a wish list - more transitions, more fonts, and another video track for example. BUT for the price it is a Good Value.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 06, 2016
- Version: 5.6.1
- Size: 238 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Corel Inc.
- © Corel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cloud Connection Pack$4.99
- Film Strip Theme Pack$2.99
- Rotating Perspectives Theme Pack$2.99
- Whaam! Theme Pack$1.99
- Polka Dots Theme Pack$2.99
- Squiggle Theme Pack$1.99
- Baby Theme Pack$0.99
- Triple Scoop Music - Complete Collection$21.99
- Film Strip - Opening$0.99
- Triple Scoop Music - Cinematic & Movie Score$4.99