Pins for Pinboard.in
By Arvindh Sukumar
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Pins translates Pinboard's no-frills, minimalistic, yet fast experience to your Mac. Get the most out of your bookmarks, with a quick, modern and comprehensive app.
+ Access all your bookmarks, with instant search, and filter by tag, sharing status, read status and more.
+ Keyboard shortcuts make it easy to find what you need without reaching out for your mouse.
+ Rename and delete Tags: just right-click any tag in the sidebar.
+ Read and edit all your notes.
+ View bookmarks in a text-optimized readability mode for a comfortable reading experience.
Need to access your bookmarks on the move? Pins is also available for your iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch!
What's New in Version 1.5
This is a big update. Thanks for all your feedback and suggestions!
- New look! It is now much easier to access all your tags, and navigate between your unread, private and public bookmarks. And, of course, here's the obligatory new icon announcement :)
- Keyboard shortcuts make it much easier to find what you’re looking for, without having to reach out for your mouse.
- Search: you can now search by title, tag, description or URL.
- Rename and delete tags: just right-click on any tag in the sidebar.
- New fonts. You’ll love reading your articles in the text-optimised readability view.
- Performance improvements and bug fixes. (You didn’t expect release notes without these, did you?)
Functional and useful
I’m surprised this app doesn’t get more reviews. It’s a fairly fast and responsive application that provides easy access to pinboard bookmarks. I like the minimalist design and the well-executed set of basic tasks. The most important for me was to have quick access to filtering my bookmarks with my existing tags, which the app does delightfully. I hope the developer continues improving this quite useful app.
Does not sync properly
The synchronization feature in this app does not work. I removed some bookmarks using the web application and the same bookmarks still appear in the app. Not good...
I like it
I like the minimalist approach. No distractions. No sharing on Facebook or distractions.It’s simple no frills. I love it so far. I haven’t had any issues with syncing. Changes I make in this app are made to my pinboard bookmars (on the website) almost immediately.
One thing I really dislike is that there’s no obvious way to exit fullscreen. As long as you don’t do that, you’re golden.