Pinswift - fast and powerful Pinboard bookmarking
By Joel Carranza
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bring the complete power of Pinboard.in to your pocket with Pinswift. Create bookmarks with ease and use powerful search options to quickly find what you are looking for. Discover great new websites with complete support for Popular and Network lists. All of Pinboard in one fast and fun app.
Pinswift uses technologies introduced in iOS 8 to re-imagine bookmarking on iOS. With the power of extensions, Pinswift integrates with your phone and other apps like never before. The browser has been rebuilt using WKWebView and now displays pages even faster. It's everything you need to create, manage, and discover bookmarks on Pinboard to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- **NEW** Save bookmarks in any app using the powerful Pinswift share extension
- **NEW** Intelligent suggestions for bookmark titles and descriptions using URL metadata
- **NEW** Quickly open related native apps for the pages you are viewing using App Links
- **NEW** Fill login fields directly in the browser using 1Password integration (requires 1Password)
- Tag browsing allows you to quickly access and organize your tags
- "Readable" browsing view using either the Readability or Instapaper mobilizers
- Support for text search across personal, network, and public bookmarks
- Full-text search for users with a Pinboard "archival account"
- Browsing of Popular and Network lists
- Save favorite searches for fast access
- Quick bookmark creation with tag auto-complete
- Share bookmarks with other apps and services including Instapaper, Pocket, Readability, Drafts, Chrome, Omnifocus, and many more
- Full URL scheme support including bookmark creation via X-Callback-URL
One of the "must-have iPhone apps, 2013 Edition" -- Macstories
An "outstanding debut" -- Macdrifter
"Pinswift Is My New Favourite Pinboard App" -- App Storm
"There are numerous Pinboard clients out there for the iPhone, but Pinswift is my new favorite." -- Tools & Toys
"A Lightning Fast Bookmarking Experience" -- appadvice.com
Try Pinswift today!
Pinswift requires an account with Pinboard (http://pinboard.in) for complete functionality, but it is possible to browse public lists without a Pinboard account.
Pinswift is not affiliated with Pinboard
What's New in Version 1.4.0
Preliminary update for iOS9. You may now use embedded Safari as your "external browser" or for reading mode.
If Eve Harrington were an iOS app…
Steeped in the simple-is-elegant tradition of Polish bookmark pioneers Ceglowski and Grandson Maciej!
This is a wonderful Pinboard app. The share sheet extension is so useful. The app is well organized and stable. Sync happens quickly and seems accurate. All of the features you would expect are there, including suggested tags when saving new bookmarks and the ability to create custom searches and save them in the app. Overall a very good experience.
All that said, I am holding back 1/2 a star for a couple of minor shortcomings. I have emailed all of these to the developer and he was quick to respond and hopefully updates will be coming soon. Here are my remaining nitpicks:
- Search needs to be changed to allow substring matches (right now only exact matches are displayed)
- Needs to update to support Pinboard API token. As of now you have to supply your username + password to login.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 22, 2015
- Version: 1.4.0
- Size: 4.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Joel Carranza
- © 2013 Joel Carranza
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.