Master the sounds of Mandarin Chinese with ease!
No matter if you're a beginner or a long-time student of Chinese, its tonal nature can catch you out and even cause some serious embarrassment...
Pinyin Trainer will help you master those tones using Pinyin, the standard romanization system for Mandarin Chinese. With almost 2,000 individual audio recordings and a variety of question-and-answer methods, it'll keep you on your toes and improve your Chinese listening skills like nothing else. Plus, it's got a complete guide to reading Chinese with the Pinyin system built right in.
- Score by tapping the words that you hear
- Train both Chinese tones and Pinyin "initials" sounds, to help you distinguish between commonly-confused words
- Integrates with our Chinese-English dictionary to provide potential definitions for Pinyin words
- In tone sketching mode, answer tone questions by drawing Pinyin tones with your fingers!
- Almost 2,000 high quality original audio recordings
- Free guide to reading Pinyin, with a complete index of one-syllable Chinese sounds
— email yourself test results!
— support for iOS 10
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app. It constantly challenges me with new words and pairs of words. It's hard to put it down ... I can't wait to see what the company has in store for future apps.
Great for listening practice
This is a great app for listening practice and it will help you realize how often you unintentionally say offensive words
I enjoy working on my tones with this simple but fun app! It gets a bit monotonous though! It may be an idea to incorporate a testing function to enable users train and compare their tones ....
- Molatra Limited
- 30.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Molatra Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Pinyin Tutor Upgrade $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.