Pix4Dcapture turns your consumer drone into a professional drone mapping tool. A free companion to Pix4D photogrammetry software, Pix4Dcapture is the perfect tool to automatically capture image data - RGB, multispectral, thermal - for optimal 3D models and maps.
Process post-flight images easily on the cloud or desktop applications, producing georeferenced maps and models that are tailored to many industry needs.
Currently, the app supports and was tested for the following drones:
- Phantom 4 Pro V2
- Phantom 4 Pro
- Phantom 4
- Mavic Air
- Mavic Pro
- Mavic 2 Pro
- Inspire 1 (Pro)
- Inspire 2
- Matrice 200, 210, 210 RTK
- Matrice 100
- Matrice 600
- Phantom 3 Professional
- Phantom 3 Advanced
- Phantom 3 Standard
- Anafi with Skycontroller 3
- Bebop 2 with Skycontroller 2
- Disco-Pro AG with Skycontroller 2
- Bluegrass with Skycontroller 2
Features and benefits:
• Fully automated drone mapping
• Drone telemetry and camera live feed during the image acquisition
• Different flight plans for different needs
- Polygon Mission for general mapping
- Grid Mission for general mapping
- Double Grid Mission for better 3D model reconstruction
- Circular Mission for point-of-interest 3D model reconstruction
- Free Flight Mission for vertical object mapping with manual flight control
• Flight parameters for each mission - front & side image overlap, camera angle, altitude, GSD, flight speed - can be adjusted based on the requirements of the area.
• Save or duplicate missions to fly the same area of interest several times
• Store the basemap with your flight plan using offline maps
• Change street/satellite basemap provider
• Seamless workflow with Pix4D’s processing software
• Automated image transfer from drone-to-device
• Upload images directly from the device to Pix4D software in the cloud for processing
Post-flight processing & analysis using Pix4D’s software on cloud or desktop:
• Achieve survey-grade results from lightweight and compact cameras to large-frame metric cameras
• Usage of Ground Control Points (GCPs) for improving the relative and absolute accuracy of the model
• Generate and modify
- Point clouds
- Digital elevation models (DSM/DTM)
- Index maps (e.g. NDVI)
- And more
• Measure distances, surfaces, and volumes
Ensure you have the latest firmware installed and the app is up to date.
The app follows the flight plan and does not avoid obstacles automatically.
Pix4D accepts no liability for damage, injuries or legalities from the misuse of this app. Use only in safe environments.
Fix crash when using radiometric calibration.
Fix Mavic 2 Pro freeflight mode not overriding timelapse setting.
Fix issue with drone going off course when using Apple Maps in China.
Improve stability of Anafi video preview.
Text and UI updates to connection dialog and preflight checks.
Ratings and Reviews
Solid app, improving quickly, some missing features
Have used this a few times, and is performing well now after some hiccups.
A key tip, buried in the training videos, is to start your DJI drone, launch the DJI app to verify that all is good, then STOP the DJI app completely. This solved all issues with freezes and no images for me.
They seem to be working to add features: the much requested mission pre-planning is now available on IOS. Still missing is multi-battery flights, though the project merge feature in the desktop app helps with this
I have been using this app over the past year and a half or so and it seems to be getting worse. At first the app seemed to function fine. Now it seems to not take 25-40% or the photos it says it will, and they are always pictures that are critical to a good ortho-image and surface. And of course you waste your battery(s) on the first flight, so it’s rarely an easy fix. It’s left me a very frustrated user.
Please, support DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2 ASAP!
I got a P4Pv2 yesterday and drove hours to the place my customer requires us to fly the drone. It was so disappointed that Pix4D didn't support it yet. I was considering to return it and get a P4 advanced, but it will cost us $225 restock fee at BestBuy and another day of work.
Please let your developers see the messages and have the new version ready ASAP. So many people are waiting for it.
- Pix4D SA (Pix4D AG) (Pix4D Ltd)
- 149.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Pix4D
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.