Pixave: The Smartest Image Organizer
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** BEST OF 2015 APP BY APPLE **
** FEATURED WORLDWIDE 2015, 2016 AS "BEST NEW APPS" BY APPLE **
There is a whole world that we get from images. A single picture can fill us with inspiration which, in turn, brings us joy. Such impressions grow to create wonder and amazement for the world. That growth and creation is made possible by you. And Pixave is here to store and organize those inspired moments - to enable you to bring them to mind whenever, wherever you are.
A beautiful workspace, more powerful than before
Pixave is the ultimate image organizer. The updated version includes the new Light/Dark user interface with the Collection now supporting auto-import, while the Smart Collection and System Collection has become more powerful and refined, providing this new version with an even more convenient and user-friendly workspace. You will be amazed at such useful features. Pixave’s innovative and useful workspace lays the groundwork for you to draw inspiration, unhindered, from your images - because your inspirations are precious and beautiful.
Pixave supports common image formats such as GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, TIFF, ICNS, AI, PSD, EPS (included PDF info only), PDF, TGA, SVG, BMP, ICO, Camera RAW , as well as document formats from Mac Graphic Killer applications such as *Affinity Designer, *Affinity Photo, *Pixelmator, *Sketch, *Audodesk Graphic, *Acorn document. And now, even more formats are supported: TrueType® Font, OpenType® Font, MOV, M4V, MP4, MPO (Multiple Picture Object Image), DAE for 3D Objects, OBJ files, *Apple Pages, *Numbers, *Keynote, *iBook Author, *MS Word, *Excel, *PowerPoint. Also the popular Mac software *OmniGraffle, *MindNode, *Comic Life 3, *Napkin, *Flinto, *iThoughtsX, *Principle, *Art Text 3 document are supported. (formats with “*” requires the relevant app to be already installed)
Specified media, along with tag information, can now be automatically imported from a designated folder. To import, images no longer need to be dragged, images no longer need to be clicked to apply tags, and image types no longer need to be separately categorized. Just place your desired files into the designated folder and Pixave will automatically import the selected media and automatically apply selected tags. Now importing media is taken care of automatically. How convenient!
Adding and searching for tags is a piece of cake. Many tags can be applied immediately to a number of images, and can be searched for along with its tag. Pixave’s new Tag system really is quite something. During import, not only are the keywords included in the image identified and automatically added to the tag, but tags added by the user can also be very easily applied. For tagging, simply drag the tag to an image or vice versa. This way of adding new tags or searching for tags provides a fresh approach in accessing them. Beware to not become overwhelmed by the incredible new tagging interface – the ability to apply numerous tags simultaneously to numerous images.
Enhanced Web Capture
Pixave’s web capturing capabilities have evolved. Now, the website that you wish to capture can be captured while interchanging freely between desktop and mobile modes. Pixave’s web capture also provides iPhone, iPad, as well as Landscape options for easy and flexible capture. Additionally, webpage resources can be directly downloaded as well - this feature enables you to directly import any graphic elements that you see on a website into Pixave with Web Browser Extensions
Even exporting has evolved. Alongside the basic function of exporting according to image type, you can also adjust the image size in set increments, customize the file naming pattern and apply Watermarks. Tags you have inserted and managed are now also included within the image during export. And the ability to create ePub files is, no doubt, a bonus.
- Compatibility: macOS 10.11.6 or higher
What's New in Version 2.3.0
* Before upgrade to Pixave 2, Please backup your library first **
What’s New in Version 2.3
- Added the ability to import Hype 3 document (Requires Tumult Hype 3.6 or higher installed)
- Added the ability to import OpenEXR file format
- Improved Sketch 43 new file format importing
- Enlarged Sketch Preview image
- Improved SVG importing
- Improved Auto-Import detection mechanism
- Improved iCloud Sync
- Improved Web Capture
- Supports Easy Web Layout Changer
- Supports Capture selection area
- Improved tagging UI in Tags window, Inspector
- Supports adding multiple tags with the comma
- Supports import tags from text file and export as text file
- Supports adding name of imported folder as Tags automatically
- Supports subfolder format as collection name or collection hierarchy when export media
- Supports movie export and preset
- Supports saving Copyright, Note, URL, Rating information to IPTC Rights Usage terms, Source, Rating when export media
- Supports Color Picker in Image Viewer to extract color value as HEX, CSS
- Performance improvements when zooming image using pinch and zoom gesture
- Improved the version control
- The new fullscreen viewer
- Added a new preference to set Color Picker Size, Clipboard format, Filmstrip position for Full screen
- Added a new preference to set movie export preset for exporting movie
- Added a new preference to add name of imported folder as Tags Automatically
- Fixed a crash that would occur when launch Pixave by external applications (ex: Hazel)
- Fixed minor UI issues
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Pixave is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Pixave.
Silly Auto-Import Procedure
I bought this app because I have a folder that I use to handle screengrabs and I wanted a visual of all of the screengrabs I take. I used the “Auto-Import” feature. Here’s the problem. Every time a screengrab get put in the folder, it wants to auto-import EVERY PHOTO again EVERY TIME. That is incredibly annoying. Why can it not just do a diff and pick up what’s new? Seems silly to me if they are asking you what folder you want auto-imported.
Best photo organizer
After more than 50 years of serious photography, I finally found a truly great photo organizer for my zillions of digital files. I would highly recommend this app for professional photographers.
Sync doesn’t work correctly
I’ve lost my entire library multiple times using this app on two computers. I never know if opening the app is just going to wipe out weeks of images and sorting. It’s at the point where I’m afraid to open the app on my desktop because it may just delete everything.