Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** BEST OF 2015 APP BY APPLE **
** FEATURED WORLDWIDE 2015, 2016 AS "BEST NEW APPS" BY APPLE **
There is a whole world that we get from images. A single picture can fill us with inspiration which, in turn, brings us joy. Such impressions grow to create wonder and amazement for the world. That growth and creation is made possible by you. And Pixave is here to store and organize those inspired moments - to enable you to bring them to mind whenever, wherever you are.
A beautiful workspace, more powerful than before
Pixave is the ultimate image organizer. The updated version includes the new Light/Dark user interface with the Collection now supporting auto-import, while the Smart Collection and System Collection has become more powerful and refined, providing this new version with an even more convenient and user-friendly workspace. You will be amazed at such useful features. Pixave’s innovative and useful workspace lays the groundwork for you to draw inspiration, unhindered, from your images - because your inspirations are precious and beautiful.
Pixave supports common image formats such as GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, TIFF, ICNS, AI, PSD, EPS (included PDF info only), PDF, TGA, SVG, BMP, ICO, Camera RAW , as well as document formats from Mac Graphic Killer applications such as *Affinity Designer, *Affinity Photo, *Pixelmator, *Sketch, *Audodesk Graphic, *Acorn document. And now, even more formats are supported: TrueType® Font, OpenType® Font, MOV, M4V, MP4, MPO (Multiple Picture Object Image), DAE for 3D Objects, OBJ files, *Apple Pages, *Numbers, *Keynote, *iBook Author, *MS Word, *Excel, *PowerPoint. Also the popular Mac software *OmniGraffle, *MindNode, *Comic Life 3, *Napkin, *Flinto, *iThoughtsX, *Principle, *Art Text 3 document are supported. (formats with “*” requires the relevant app to be already installed)
Specified media, along with tag information, can now be automatically imported from a designated folder. To import, images no longer need to be dragged, images no longer need to be clicked to apply tags, and image types no longer need to be separately categorized. Just place your desired files into the designated folder and Pixave will automatically import the selected media and automatically apply selected tags. Now importing media is taken care of automatically. How convenient!
Adding and searching for tags is a piece of cake. Many tags can be applied immediately to a number of images, and can be searched for along with its tag. Pixave’s new Tag system really is quite something. During import, not only are the keywords included in the image identified and automatically added to the tag, but tags added by the user can also be very easily applied. For tagging, simply drag the tag to an image or vice versa. This way of adding new tags or searching for tags provides a fresh approach in accessing them. Beware to not become overwhelmed by the incredible new tagging interface – the ability to apply numerous tags simultaneously to numerous images.
Enhanced Web Capture
Pixave’s web capturing capabilities have evolved. Now, the website that you wish to capture can be captured while interchanging freely between desktop and mobile modes. Pixave’s web capture also provides iPhone, iPad, as well as Landscape options for easy and flexible capture. Additionally, webpage resources can be directly downloaded as well - this feature enables you to directly import any graphic elements that you see on a website into Pixave with Web Browser Extensions
Even exporting has evolved. Alongside the basic function of exporting according to image type, you can also adjust the image size in set increments, customize the file naming pattern and apply Watermarks. Tags you have inserted and managed are now also included within the image during export. And the ability to create ePub files is, no doubt, a bonus.
- Compatibility: macOS 10.11.6 or higher
What's New in Version 2.3.1
* Before upgrade to Pixave 2, Please backup your library first **
What’s New in Version 2.3.1
- Ready for Pixave for iPad
- Support for macOS High Sierra
- Added the ability to import HEIC, HEIF (Requires macOS High Sierra)
- Improved SVG importing
- Improved ProRes 4444 with alpha channel movie importing
- Improved Library Switcher UI
- Fixed scroller problem with third-party mice devices
- Fixed a problem where Rename didn’t work correctly on macOS High Sierra
- Fixed a crash that would occur when importing movie file
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Pixave is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Pixave.
Updated Review for 2.3.1: Great potential but still Shortcomings
In October 2017 Pixave unfortunately still has the same few (but major) shortcomings:
* Items can not be associated with more than one collection. Pixave lacks a flexible collections system comparable to Adobe Lightroom, Apple Photos and Ember.
* Items can not be duplicated.
* Images can not be easily rotated.
* When an item was updated outside of Pixave, Pixave does not automatically rebuilds the thumbnail.
* The library/grid view does not fully support high resolution retina displays (the resolution of the thumbnails is not high enough).
* Websites capture does not add meta data (descriptive text) into Pixave’s library for Search
* The search implementation is still very limiting and does not show the results in a grid view. Thus, it's f.i. not possible to simply add items from the results to a new collection.
* Tag lists open in a seperate window and no nesting/parenting is being offered.
* iCould sync seems to be limited to smaller libraries. No option is currently available for selective sync (selected collections only).
Otherwise, Pixave is a great Application. We only wish that these shortcomings would be addressed.
Best image organization app ever
Very rich featureset packaged within a very simple UX experience. Very recommendable.