Pixel Boat Rush is a frantic boat combat racing game! An easy to learn, hard to master, fun arcade racing game with loads of content! Featured by Apple countless times!
The gameplay mixes a one-touch racing mechanic with 2 weapon/defensive buttons. The progression features an in-depth career mode with RPG-like humoristic conversations with parodic characters, an endless mode and a boat crafting editor!
One-Touch Racing Mechanic:
Touch to accelerate, release to brake. Slow down on a wave to stick to it (bind speed requirement depends on the boat downforce, sometimes you have to slow down more). If you keep the gas pressed, you'll jump off the waves. You can stick to water before the wave begins, but if you re-accelerate on a straight line, you'll un-stick.
Releasing the gas while in the air will make you fall faster.
Obstacles and Power-Ups:
If air drag makes you quicker by staying on water, sometimes it's best to jump. It could be for grabbing a power-up, avoiding an obstacle or a tricky set of waves.
Fighting with opponent brings a whole new dimension to the game. It not only adds action, but also tactical aspects, which quickly becomes a key for victory. For instance, slowing down to get behind an opponent to avoid being hit and let him deplete his bullet on another boat.
- The acceleration button covers the whole right side. You can touch the bottom edge of the screen to avoid covering the action.
Reviews and Awards
- Featured by Apple on numerous occasions!
- (4.5/5) Touch Arcade "I'd strongly recommend it to anyone who enjoys side-scrolling arcade games or can appreciate a different angle on the racing genre"
- (4.5/5) App Advice "perfect for anyone who enjoys boat racing and fast-paced, frenzied arcade games"
- (4/5) 148Apps ''Pixel Boat Rush's unique blend of mechanics make it an excitingly original racing game''
- (4/5) Indie Game Reviewer ''This is a iOS racing game that gets so many things right. It’s simple but complex, it’s challenging but fun, Pixel Boat Rush is a great game that I highly recommend''
- (3.5/5) Pocket Gamer ''A surprisingly sharp and clever racer, Pixel Boat Rush is well worth diving into''
- (4.5/5) TheAppleGoogle "more than enough to guarantee players hours of intense high speed action in an electrifying experience"
-(4.25/5) Reviewed on the Reviews on the Run TV Show!!
- Career, endless and arcade modes
- 15 racing tracks
- 116 racing events across 7 types of race (normal, ceasefire, eliminations, demolition, carnage, last man standing, endurance)
- 20 Licenses: series of mini-quests which unlock the next racing categories
- 64 racing boats, each with its own specific upgradable configuration: find which boat is best suited for each event!
- A boat editor with 3 custom hangars where you can craft your own boat creations!
- Over 28 types of guns
- 4 racing categories: climb the ladders and become the world champion!
- Power-ups: boost, ammo, shield, coins, repair
- Time trial mode against your best ghosts
- Trophies system for replay value: finish first in all races to collect all gold trophies
- Game Center: leaderboards (based on best lap time and trophies earned) and achievements
- Cloud save with manual upload/download and 3 save files
- MFI and other controllers support
- Rich original retro soundtrack
- Live broadcasting
- Fixed Live Broadcasting freeze issue on iPad
- Fixed minor bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Feels like I just need a better boat.
The first few levels were fine, although the controls were kind of weird. Tutorials felt kinda forced and didn’t feel like they taught much. But the big problem I have is, I don’t feel like my actual input matters as much as the stats on my boat. Once I got to the first set of master cups, I was consistently out of the top three despite doing well in all the previous races. I also don’t like the guns very much; if someone is shooting you, you either have to allow them to get ahead of you so you can shoot them, or let them destroy your boat. Either way, you get set back - and neither of those options guarantees the same thing won’t happen with the person behind THEM.
The game also made my thumb hurt after not long, but I’m sure flipping the controls would fix that.
Absolutely love this game but just some minor things need fixed, such as the “swap brake/gas” not working on some levels and the ability to zoom out further when making your own boat. Other than that it’s a fantastic game
Oh, boy... only 15 minutes, and I can already tell this one’s going to be addictive.
- Xperimentalz Games
- 37.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © XperimentalZ Games Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Small ToolBox $1.99
- Valhalla Pack $1.99
- Large Toolbox $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.