By Adam Holmes
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
From Holmade Games and Luke Zbihlyj, the team that brought you Hurdle Turtle, comes another classic 8-bit styled arcade fun-fest remastered for iOS devices!
A retro arcade shooter... with a twist! Sworn enemies, Pirate and Ninja, must combine forces to save Pixel World from the invading sprites! Help the unlikely duo fight off simultaneous waves of incoming enemies whilst frantically flipping your device to keep your heroes from getting wiped out!
- Addictive arcade gameplay!
- Old school 8-bit graphics!
- 2 exciting quests!
- Unlockable hidden secrets!
- 16 levels of frantic shooter action!
- 8-bit chiptune soundtrack by Walz Music!
//Features exclusive to the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad version:
- Game Center Global Highscores!
- Intuitive touch controls which flip in real time with the action!
- Some super cool powerups!
What's New in Version 1.0.1
You asked, and we listened!
- Added option to use a button to flip the screen instead of flipping the device.
- Tweaked the difficulty - the game should be more of a challenge as you progress through the levels now!
- New options screen, with option to view tutorial again.
Not a lot to it, but it's a very fun arcade style game with an interesting twist. The pirate/ninja theme would have been better suited for 2007, but I'm probably alone in thinking that :)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 20, 2011
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 12.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Adam Holmes
- All art, characters, sound effects and gameplay elements of Pixel Whirled as well as the Pixel Whirled and the Holmade Games logos ©2011 Adam Holmes cob as Holmade Games. Game code ©2012 Luke Zbihlyj.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.