Organize, edit and share photos and videos online, safely. Pixelgarde lets you view, add, remove or change geotags, dates, time of day, titles, authors and more for better content management. You can add blur to photos for additional privacy, add text, or add drawings to photos. It’s a fast, easy and free!
If you get stuck, or have questions, you can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We like helping and appreciate all feedback.
Pixelgarde is ad supported, so it’s free. The free version has limits, but can be upgraded in-app for $1.99 to remove them. For example, we show advertisements and add a small "X" to the bottom right border when you share photos and videos. The watermark is a useful way to identify content that’s safe to share and prevent piracy if you’re a photographer. Upgrading removes ads and lets you control the watermark.
Our users include photographers, enthusiasts and privacy conscious people who share photos online. For example, photographers use Pixelgarde to remove camera data from photos when they share, while adding author, website and watermarks to prevent unlicensed use by others. Our applications are also popular with enthusiasts, like hunters, fisherman and others, who use Pixelgarde to share ‘catch of the day’ photos while keeping the location private. But, our most noble purpose is keeping families safe online. A growing number of privacy conscious people use Pixelgarde to remove personal data, like geotags, from the photos and videos they share online; especially photos of children, or taken in the home.
PLEASE NOTE: If you see this message: “Reminder: Please make sure location services for Pixelgarde is turned on before you begin.” make sure LOCATION SERVICES is “ON” and PHOTO ALBUM ACCESS (iOS 6 only) is “ON”.
LOCATION SERVICES: Pixelgarde uses location services because our camera can geotag photos and videos. Even if you don’t use the camera, it’s part of the app, so we need your permission when you run it for the first time. iOS 6 users can turn off location services for Pixelgarde once it's installed using these steps: run pixelgarde > iphone settings > privacy > location services > pixelgarde > off. For earlier iOS versions, you must keep location services turned on to use Pixelgarde.
PHOTO ALBUM ACCESS (iOS 6 Only): Pixelgarde needs your approval to access your photos and videos. You can set access rights on or off for applications in iPhone settings by following these steps: settings > privacy > photos. If the Pixelgarde app won't start, make sure this setting is turned on.
COMPATABILITY: Pixelgarde is designed to run on all iPhone models, even iPhone 3 running iOS 4.1 and up. We also support iPad 2.
- Take pictures and videos. Take photos while recording video.
- View photos and videos with a summary of personal data, or use tile view to quickly scroll through large content libraries.
- View EXIF and IPTC metadata details for photos and videos and see geotagged photos on a map.
- Remove, edit, change, add geotags, dates, time, titles, names, etc., for better organization or safety.
- Use predefined metadata editing profiles when sharing photos, or edit full metadata for better organization.
- Share directly to Facebook, YouTube (video only), Twitter, Picasa, Flickr, Photobucket, Tumblr, WordPress or Email, and save copies.
- Resize photos when sharing them online and add a watermark to prevent unlicensed use of your work by others.
- Edit photos by adding Blur, Text or Drawings before sharing them.
- Organize photos and videos, save them to the camera roll, or save them to a custom folder for iOS 5.0 or greater.
Be Organized and Safe with Pixelgarde!
- fixed issue with searching locations
- fixed layout issues for iPhone X and iOS 12
- various other fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I never write reviews either.
In fact, this is the first review I've ever bothered writing on an app in my entire life. I figured it was worth writing considering the app hasn't done a single thing it's promised to do. Keep in mind that I did make the $1.99 purchase by the way... That being said, why is the watermark still secretly hiding in the bottom right hand corner of my photos when they save? Despite my purchase could they really not stand to leave their name off my picture? Also, would love to know why my videos are only saving as black rectangles in my album too. I mean, I heard this app was a little glitchy and to be careful but I didn't think it couldn't do a single thing right...
This app is just what I need to change times and dates on pictures. Has plenty of other functions I have not used but may need in the future. Most of the complaints are from people who don’t know what they’re doing.
I only got this app to edit the metadata of my photos and videos so that I could organize them by date and location, but even after paying for the upgrade the app still leaves the stupid Pixelgarde logo watermark on every photo or video I edit. For that reason it is TOTALLY USELESS to me. I would rather they were randomly jumbled than have a rainbow X on every photo. Luckily I found a free app called MetaTrixter that would do it (it doesn’t do videos though).
- Pixelgarde, Inc.
- 18.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Pixelgarde, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Pixelgarde v1.2.1 (Upgrade) $1.99
- Pixelgarde Pro $2.99
- Save edits to original version $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.