Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
• The modern, single-window interface is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
• An intuitive and accessible design makes it easy for anyone to edit images — from complete beginners to design professionals
• With both dark and light appearances, Pixelmator Pro seamlessly adapts to the Light and Dark Modes of macOS
• Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
• Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
• Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
• Adjust the colors in images with a collection of nondestructive color adjustments
• Use the Core ML-powered ML Enhance to automatically improve the look of your photos
• Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images right inside Pixelmator Pro without having to preprocess them
• Create digital or traditional paintings using a collection of handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
• Combine the built-in effects in Pixelmator Pro to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Save the adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations your create, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
• Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, and lighten or darken precise areas using a full set of retouching tools
• Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images, create striking artistic effects or make subtle changes to portrait photos
• Add high-quality, customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Create your own vector graphics using the Pen tool
• Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
• Optimize and save your images for the web, using advanced compression to shrink images sizes to the smallest possible
• Batch process images using five built-in Automator actions: Apply Color Adjustments to Images, Apply Effects to Images, Auto Enhance Images, Auto White Balance Images, and Change Type of Images
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
• Use ML Enhance to intelligently enhance photos with a machine learning algorithm trained on millions of professional photos
• Automatically give descriptive names to the layers you add
• Intelligently straighten images using the Crop tool's horizon detection feature
• Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism using the Repair tool
• Quickly make accurate selections with ease using the Quick Selection tool
• Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, and JPEG-2000
• Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
• Open and edit SVG vector images
• Launch Pixelmator Pro directly from the Photos app and save edits back to the original image in your library
• Share your images to Photos, Mail, AirDrop and other locations right from Pixelmator Pro
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Mojave. Simply put, it's the ultimate Mac app.
Minimum System Requirements
Pixelmator Pro requires a Mac compatible with Metal 2 running macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later.
Pixelmator Pro 1.2.4 features a redesigned Color Balance adjustment, image scaling algorithms, an improved Grain adjustment, two new Automator actions, and more.
• The Color Balance adjustment has been redesigned and can now be edited using color wheels inspired by those used in the cinema industry to color grade films.
• Along with adjusting the color tints of the shadows, midtones, and highlights, the new Color Balance now includes sliders for adjusting their brightness and saturation as well.
• A Master wheel lets you adjust the Color Balance of an entire image at once.
• Color Balance can also be improved automatically using the ML Fix feature, trained on millions of professional photos.
• When using the Image Size command, you can now choose from three image resizing algorithms — Bilinear, Lanczos, and Nearest Neighbor.
• Bilinear is the standard resizing algorithm, good for most uses.
• Lanczos can preserve small details better when upscaling and downscaling.
• Nearest Neighbor is a popular resizing algorithm for pixel art as it creates a blocky look with sharp edges.
• The Grain adjustment has been improved to apply photographic grain more naturally, especially when an image has small details and large grain particles.
• Use two new Automator actions — Scale Images and Trim Images — to batch resize images and batch delete transparent or solid colored areas from the edges of images.
• The last used document size now appears as an option in the template chooser.
• The currently active tool will be marked with a checkmark in the Tools menu.
• Dragging a layer from the Layers sidebar onto the export preview without having created any slices will now create a new slice.
• ML Enhance will now be unhighlighted if an adjustment is removed.
• The look of the Curves adjustment has been improved in macOS Mojave.
• All edited curves will now be visible when editing all channels, not just RGB.
• The Trim Canvas command will now work better with thin images.
• Fixed a rare crashing issue with rasterizing text layers.
• Fixed various situations where effects ropes were not in sync with the image.
• The thumbnails of empty masks applied to empty layers would not be visible. Fixed.
• On rare occasions, closing a document would make Pixelmator Pro quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
Have any feedback about the update or Pixelmator Pro in general? We'd love to hear it at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
Inexcusable lack of Noise Reduction
After reading the reviews, I thought this was at least a "prosumer" grade editing app and a decent replacement for Lightroom (which I have soured on) in my workflow). I tried the auto photo enhancement for kicks (it was the worst I have seen/used), then set about to create my default workspace.
As confusing as it is that the basic adjustments like exposure, contrast, curves, levels, etc. - which should be front and center - were buried under "color adjustments" (?), at least they were present - which cannot be said for one of the most basic, essential features of any photo editor: noise reduction. I have no interest in gimicky "light leak" filters/presets and the ability to put star stickers on my photos for snapchat. If the developers want to throw those features in, that's fine, but not having noise reduction is a non-starter, and the word "Pro" has no business being anywhere near this app.
I was excited about this app, and it was the one Unfortunately, it's unusable for me in it's current state. Of course, nobody forced me to buy it and it doesn't claim to have noise reduction in the description... but it also doesn't claim to have exposure adjustments or contrast or shadows and highlights. Why? For the same reasons car ads don't say they come with steering wheels. It's just expected, as shoud noise reduction be in a "Pro" app.
Developer Response ,
As tough as a review that is, it's not entirely unfair — as you said, we don't claim to have noise removal, but it's a great feature to have. It's definitely been on our minds recently and we'll do our best to find a way to include it in upcoming updates.
Works great..had to update my firmware for NIKON D850
I’ve been a user of Pixelmator for years.I know you guys are still working on this app, but it’s buggy. I will be using the healing tool then all of a sudden the picture goes black just shows a yellow line where I was editing. Then I have to quit and start it up again until it does it again. Sometimes, it just quits and I have to restart.
ALSO…THIS APP DOES NOT SUPPORT NIKON RAW FILES (NEF) FOR THE D850! ARE YOU KIDDING ME…… NOT VERY PRO. WILL YOU EVER CHANGE THIS PIXELMATOR? Most consumers will just fine with cheaper version of Pixelmator. It will do everything you need it to do without spending $60.
UPDATE: AUGUST 1ST 2018..
Pixelmator Pro is still NOT compatible with Nikon D850, but now High Sierra does.. When I try to open in Pixelmator Pro to edit them it tell me either the file is damage or the file is not compatible with Pixelmator. Almost a year the camera has been out and Apple’s version high “photoshop” can hang with a PRO CAMERA….FAIL!
UPDATE OCTOBER 1ST 2018..
So, it turned out that there was a firmware update for my camera for it to be compatible for my mac and RAW images. Works great! Changed by rating from a 3 to a 5 star. Go to the Nikon site and download the firmware update on an sd card and load it into the camera! Perfecto!
Developer Response ,
Awesome, thanks for taking the time to update the review! And let us know if you have any other feedback or bump into any other issues.
When will the product be ready for release?
Today I tried a simple project involing a low-res photo. I just need to cut two objects and swap their placement in the image. I successfully selected, cut, pasted into new layer(s) and flipped their orientation. Out of no where the first layer vanished. When I tride to select all it showed control handles for an invisible object that was in a completely differerent / arbitrary place. The thumbnail for the layer looked correct but there was no data in the main workspace. I verifed the layer order was correct. I verified I had not accidentally activacted a mask. I close the app and reopened —now the thumbnail is also empty. The pixels in the layer appear to be completely gone.
After letting this app collect dust I gave it a chance again. Within minutes I had a vanishing layer. Data loss.
On an aside, even if the app worked flawlessly, the fact that that UI moves around constantly (grows/shrinks depending on chosen tool) means I can’t use this app without feeling a disoriented motion sickness.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry to hear you've had such a frustrating time with Pixelmator Pro. On the whole, we've fixed almost all of the bugs reported to us and a few more that we've found ourselves. However, this particular bug is not one we've come across so far, so if you could contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with more details, that would be very much appreciated and we'd do our best to help you out!
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 169.2 MB
- Graphics & Design
- macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2018 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.