Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
• The modern, single-window interface is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
• An intuitive and accessible design makes it easy for anyone to edit images — from complete beginners to design professionals
• With both dark and light appearances, Pixelmator Pro seamlessly adapts to the Light and Dark Modes of macOS
• Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
• Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
• Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
• Adjust the colors in images with a collection of nondestructive color adjustments
• Use the Core ML-powered ML Enhance to automatically improve the look of your photos
• Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images right inside Pixelmator Pro without having to preprocess them
• Create digital or traditional paintings using a collection of handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
• Combine the built-in effects in Pixelmator Pro to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Save the adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations your create, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
• Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, and lighten or darken precise areas using a full set of retouching tools
• Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images, create striking artistic effects or make subtle changes to portrait photos
• Add high-quality, customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Create your own vector graphics using the Pen tool
• Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
• Optimize and save your images for the web, using advanced compression to shrink file sizes to the smallest possible
• Batch process images using seven built-in Automator actions: Apply Color Adjustments to Images, Apply Effects to Images, Auto Enhance Images, Auto White Balance Images, Scale Images, Trim Images, and Change Type of Images
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
• Use ML Enhance to intelligently enhance photos with a machine learning algorithm trained on millions of professional photos
• Automatically give descriptive names to the layers you add
• Intelligently straighten images using the Crop tool's horizon detection feature
• Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism using the Repair tool
• Quickly make accurate selections with ease using the Quick Selection tool
• Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, and JPEG-2000
• Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
• Open and edit SVG vector images
• Launch Pixelmator Pro directly from the Photos app and save edits back to the original image in your library
• Share your images to Photos, Mail, AirDrop and other locations right from Pixelmator Pro
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Mojave.
Pixelmator Pro 1.3.4 brings the incredible ML Match Colors, which intelligently matches the colors of different images using breakthrough machine learning, a Free Transform tool for freely resizing objects, adjusting perspective, skewing, and distorting, and includes a range of additional improvements and fixes.
• With the incredible ML Match Colors, you can now match the colors of different images using breakthrough machine learning.
• Paste and ML Match Colors lets you intelligently match the colors of pasted objects to the images you’re pasting into.
• The all-new Free Transform tool makes it a breeze to freely resize objects, adjust perspective, distort, skew, and rotate.
• Use ML Match Colors by dragging and dropping images onto the Color Adjustments pane.
• Find ML Match Colors in Format > Color Adjustments.
• Find Paste and ML Match Colors in the Edit menu.
• When dragging and dropping objects into compositions, press and hold the Command key to automatically use ML Match Colors on the inserted object.
• Turn on Free Transform by pressing the Command-T or Command-F keyboard shortcuts.
• Transform layers using four different modes — Free, Skew, Distort, and Perspective.
• Choose from 3 unique algorithms — Bilinear, Lanczos, and Nearest Neighbor — when transforming individual layers and layer groups.
• The high-quality perspective transformation algorithms in Pixelmator Pro better preserve image detail compared with other image editors.
• Any layer can be transformed — whether it’s some text, a shape, group, open path layer, or even a RAW layer.
• Use the grid when transforming to guide your transformations or turn it off, if you prefer.
• When transforming, press and hold the Command key and drag any handle to temporarily distort instead of resizing.
• Press and hold the Shift and Command keys together and drag any handle to temporarily skew.
• Press and hold the Option, Shift, and Command keys together and drag any handle to temporarily adjust perspective.
• When resizing, press and hold the Shift key to constrain proportions. Press and hold the Option key to resize from the center.
• Automatically center inserted objects by pressing and holding the Shift key while dropping them into your composition.
• Constrain Proportions will now be enabled for RAW layers by default.
• You can now drag and drop colors from one color well to another.
• Force click layer and slice names to start renaming them.
• Improved zoom performance for compositions with a large number of layers.
• When using the Repair tool, its progress indicator will now appear on the canvas rather than below the toolbar.
• When inserting objects, a progress indicator will now appear on the canvas.
• Display P3 has been promoted to a common profile within the color profile list.
• When pasting shapes with masks, masks would sometimes be copied incorrectly. Fixed.
• Layers would sometimes flicker when erasing any areas around their edges. Fixed.
• On rare occasions, the Erase tool would stop erasing. Fixed.
• When using the Clone tool, the source indicator would remain visible on RAW layers. Fixed.
• A partially transparent outline of the Open dialog would sometimes remain visible after opening images. Fixed.
• Cropping using custom aspect ratio presets would sometimes be imprecise. Fixed.
• Original Pixelmator documents with non-standard color profiles would be opening with shifted colors. Fixed.
• When creating a selection with multiple layers and using certain nondestructive tools, the Deselect command would not work correctly. Fixed.
• When opening Photoshop documents, PPI settings would not be correctly preserved. Fixed.
• When resizing layer groups with certain effects applied, layers could disappear at specific scales. Fixed.
Have any feedback about the update or Pixelmator Pro in general? We’d love to hear it at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
Enhance your images with stunning effects
Works great..had to update my firmware for NIKON D850
I’ve been a user of Pixelmator for years.I know you guys are still working on this app, but it’s buggy. I will be using the healing tool then all of a sudden the picture goes black just shows a yellow line where I was editing. Then I have to quit and start it up again until it does it again. Sometimes, it just quits and I have to restart.
ALSO…THIS APP DOES NOT SUPPORT NIKON RAW FILES (NEF) FOR THE D850! ARE YOU KIDDING ME…… NOT VERY PRO. WILL YOU EVER CHANGE THIS PIXELMATOR? Most consumers will just fine with cheaper version of Pixelmator. It will do everything you need it to do without spending $60.
UPDATE: AUGUST 1ST 2018..
Pixelmator Pro is still NOT compatible with Nikon D850, but now High Sierra does.. When I try to open in Pixelmator Pro to edit them it tell me either the file is damage or the file is not compatible with Pixelmator. Almost a year the camera has been out and Apple’s version high “photoshop” can hang with a PRO CAMERA….FAIL!
UPDATE OCTOBER 1ST 2018..
So, it turned out that there was a firmware update for my camera for it to be compatible for my mac and RAW images. Works great! Changed by rating from a 3 to a 5 star. Go to the Nikon site and download the firmware update on an sd card and load it into the camera! Perfecto!
Developer Response ,
Awesome, thanks for taking the time to update the review! And let us know if you have any other feedback or bump into any other issues.
Confused me a lot
This may be a good app, but it confuses me a lot, I'm not a professional graphics editor, but I can use most of basic functions on Photoshop without problem, on this one, i simply have no idea. Maybe I should switch back to PS.
UPDATE: after gave it another try, now I can finish some basic work. New comers may give it more time.
UPDATE 2: It still made me want to pull my hair off every time I used it. eg, a simple task like stroke a selection, you make a selection, select style tool, click stroke, instead of stroke the selection, it stroke the whole image. why? why? why are you doing this? is this make any sense? If you google "pixelmator pro stroke", you wil find other people fraustrating just like me.
Developer Response ,
Awesome, glad to hear you've had a better experience the second time around! And if you ever do find yourself struggling with anything, please shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to help.
Enhance your images with stunning effects
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 171.5 MB
- Graphics & Design
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2019 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.