Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
• The modern, single-window interface is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
• An intuitive and accessible design makes it easy for anyone to edit images — from complete beginners to design professionals
• Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
• Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
• Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
• Adjust the colors in images with a collection of nondestructive color adjustments
• Use the machine learning-powered Auto Color Adjustments to automatically improve image colors
• Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images right inside Pixelmator Pro without having to preprocess them
• Create digital or traditional paintings using a collection of handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
• Combine the built-in effects in Pixelmator Pro to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Nondestructively customize the look of layers in your image using layer styles
• Save the adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations your create, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
• Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, and lighten or darken precise areas using a full set of retouching tools
• Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images, create striking artistic effects or make subtle changes to portrait photos
• Pick out and edit precise parts of your images or copy objects from one image to another using a range of pixel-accurate selection tools
• Add high-quality, customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Create your own vector graphics using the Pen and Freeform Pen tools
• Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
• Optimize and save your images for the web, using advanced compression to shrink images sizes to the smallest possible
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
• Automatically give descriptive names to the layers you add
• Intelligently straighten images using horizon detection
• Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism
• Quickly make accurate selections with ease
• Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, and JPEG-2000
• Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
• Open and edit SVG vector images
• Launch Pixelmator Pro directly from the Photos app and save edits back to the original image in your library
• Share your images to the Photos app, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and other locations right from Pixelmator Pro
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS High Sierra. Simply put, it's the ultimate Mac app. With a design that is totally and completely Mac, Pixelmator Pro feels instantly familiar from the moment you first launch the app.
Minimum System Requirements
Pixelmator Pro requires a Mac compatible with Metal 2 running macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
Pixelmator Pro 1.1.3 adds the ability to convert selections into shapes, brings support for opening a few more exotic image formats, and includes a number of bug fixes, performance, and stability improvements.
• You can now convert selections into vector shapes.
• Added support for opening a number of more exotic image formats — EXR, PBM, ICNS, Radiance HDR, texture formats such as PVRTC, ASTC, and KTX.
• Converting speech bubbles with longer tails from shapes into pixels would clip the end of the tails. Fixed.
• When changing the size of an image, using Percent as the unit would not be remembered. Fixed.
• The New Image window would be slow to open with lots of items or a very large image in the clipboard. Fixed.
• When undoing certain actions, layer thumbnails would occasionally not be updated correctly. Fixed.
• When flattening certain effects in the Blur and Tile categories, the new image would shift slightly. Fixed.
• Pixelmator Pro was a little slow to open on Mac computers with large font libraries. Fixed.
• It was possible to select unsupported image formats with the Image fill effect even though they would not work. Fixed.
• In certain cases, temporarily switching to the Arrange tool while painting would cause the tool to get stuck. Fixed.
• RAW images will now be imported with the PPI set to 300.
• The accuracy of the White Balance, Curves, and Levels color pickers has been improved.
• In wide color images, using the Repair tool and painting on an empty layer with Sample All Layers on would paint with transparency. Fixed.
• When editing multiple Pixelmator Pro documents and choosing Show Info Bar, Show Guides, and Show Grid in one document, those options in the View menu would not update in the other documents. Fixed.
• Fixed an issue that caused Pixelmator Pro quit unexpectedly when opening certain SVG files.
• On rare occasions, painting with Pixelmator Pro for extended periods of time would cause the app to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Clicking the Show Original button when using the Color Adjustments or Effects would sometimes cause Pixelmator Pro to become unresponsive. Fixed.
• Painting on a layer mask with adjustments and effects applied would cause Pixelmator Pro to stop responding. Fixed.
• On rare occasions, Pixelmator Pro would stop responding while drawing or editing shapes. Fixed.
• Attempting to open unsupported Photoshop documents would cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Attempting to open certain RAW files not supported by macOS would sometimes cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Attempting to open PXD and PXM files with missing data would cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Think you’ve found a bug? Let us know at email@example.com and we’ll fix it!
Ratings and Reviews
One thing missing….
The last version of Photoshop I used was CS4. Quit it when Adobe went to their subscription model. I’ve made do with Apple Photos. Tried Affinity Photo and it was ok. Had decided that I would probably settle on Luminar for what I need to do which, as you’ll see, is somewhat specialized. I was a CorelDraw user before I came over from the Dark Side and got an iMac I used it for graphic design and image handling. Doing layouts with images and text was a snap. I’ve never been able to find anything in the Apple app world to replace it until now. I’m an artist and I need something that will handle not only photographic image adjustments, but also images of paintings and drawings, which can be quite difficult to photograph and adjust accurately. I also need to be able to combine photos, art and text into single pieces for promotional and other work and finally, with Pixelmator Pro, I once again have found something that will do everything CorelDraw did and much more. I read through every feature section on the website, sat down, ran through every icon in the side bar, playing with different settings, brushes, etc. Piece of cake. Very intuitive for me. Looking forward to using is as a “painting media” also. The previous version of Pixelmator had just enough function to drive me crazy trying to get it to do what I want. No more. The Pro version rocks.
Just one request…please make it an extension of Photos asap.
So far, not thrilled
I’m continuing to give pixelmator pro a go. I upgraded from the regular pixelmator hoping that it would have an easier time dealing with large images. It does, but barely. Pixelmator pro seems to be slower than the regular version of pixelmator — so that is a dissapointment. On the upside: the standard version of pixelmator would occasionally delete image data from my layers on large images, and pixelmator pro does not seem to have that problem. I’m using it on a fully loaded Macbook Pro w/ TouchBar. My main gripe with the app right now is the autosave feature. It seems to automatically save your file on an intermittent basis, and there is no way of turning this off as far as I can tell. This is very frustrating because: I only want to save my file when I am ready to (since saving very large files takes a long time). This means I have to cancel out of the save dialog constantly, which makes this application incredibly irritating to work with.
Please include an option to disable automatic saving of files. It is incredibly annoying to have to cancel out of saving every three minutes because you are working with large 2gb files and don’t want to have to wait through saving every three minutes. I was tempted to leave a one-star review because of this bug-disguised as a feature, but I thought better of it.
Hi there, could you email us about this at firstname.lastname@example.org? There is a way to turn off autosave, although we'd also love to take a look at why you're seeing this in the first place, as even with autosave on, everything should happen smoothly in the background.
When will the product be ready for release?
Today I tried a simple project involing a low-res photo. I just need to cut two objects and swap their placement in the image. I successfully selected, cut, pasted into new layer(s) and flipped their orientation. Out of no where the first layer vanished. When I tride to select all it showed control handles for an invisible object that was in a completely differerent / arbitrary place. The thumbnail for the layer looked correct but there was no data in the main workspace. I verifed the layer order was correct. I verified I had not accidentally activacted a mask. I close the app and reopened —now the thumbnail is also empty. The pixels in the layer appear to be completely gone.
After letting this app collect dust I gave it a chance again. Within minutes I had a vanishing layer. Data loss.
On an aside, even if the app worked flawlessly, the fact that that UI moves around constantly (grows/shrinks depending on chosen tool) means I can’t use this app without feeling a disoriented motoin sickness.
I'm sorry to hear you've had such a frustrating time with Pixelmator Pro. On the whole, we've fixed almost all of the bugs reported to us and a few more that we've found ourselves. However, this particular bug is not one we've come across so far, so if you could contact us at email@example.com with more details, that would be very much appreciated and we'd do our best to help you out!
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 150.7 MB
- Graphics & Design
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2018 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.