By Pixelmator Team
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Full-featured and powerful image editing app for the Mac.
Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest Mac technologies, giving you speedy, powerful tools that let you touch up and enhance images, draw or paint, apply dazzling effects, or create advanced compositions amazingly simple. Once your images are ready, access them anywhere with iCloud, send them to iPhoto or Aperture, email, print, share, or save them to popular image formats–all right from Pixelmator.
And, the new Pixelmator 3.3 is redesigned to cohere with OS X Yosemite’s fresh and modern look, brings new OS X Continuity features, like Handoff and iCloud Drive support, and works wonderfully together with Pixelmator for iPad.
A powerful, pixel-accurate collection of selection tools
• Quickly and easily select any part of an image
• Edit and apply special effects to portions of your pictures
• Select and remove unwanted elements of your photos
• Cut out objects from one image to place in another
Top-notch painting tools
• Paint with Pixelmator as you would on canvas
• Use different brush sizes, shapes, hardness, and blending modes
• Adjust brush settings to get just the look you want
• Cover any area with beautiful gradients and color fills
• Correct wrinkles and repair scratches
• Make flaws vanish from your photos, remove or re-arrange objects in a composition
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken specific areas
• Get rid of the red eye effect with just one click
• Distort or transform to subtly improve or give images a completely unexpected look.
• Combine different tools and effects for an endless number of ways to refine your images
• Easily add, create, combine, and edit shapes
• Quickly add lines, circles, rectangles, polygons, and many more custom shapes
• Effortlessly apply shadows, fills, and strokes for more advanced shapes
• Create buttons, icons, web page elements, illustrations, and much more
A real effects machine
• Over 160 different breathtaking effects you can play with
• Combine different effects for unique, near-effortless artistic creations
• See stunning results in real-time
An elegant collection of professional-grade color correction tools
• Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows and highlights, brightness, contrast, and much more
• Replace and remix colors
• Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with one click
• Designed with friendly interface features for intuitive ease of use
• Easily add non-destructive layer effects like shadows, outlines, color, gradient fills, or reflections
• Combine a set of effects to create and save your own unique layer styles presets
• Or just use any of the Pixelmator Team-designed layer styles presets
• Applying any of the layer styles presets is as simple as drag and drop
• Send your images directly to iPhoto or Aperture
• Open and save images using PSD, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF, and many other popular formats
• Open and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save 16-bits per channel images
iCloud, sharing, and saving for the web
• Let iCloud automatically store your edited images and seamlessly take your work to all your Macs
• You can completely skip manual saving of your documents thanks to Auto Save
• Email your photos right from Pixelmator
• Publish your images to social applications like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
• Optimize and save images for use on your web pages, blogs, photo albums, and more
Built exclusively for Mac
Pixelmator uses a number of OS X features and technologies like Cocoa, OpenGL, OpenCL, Core Image, Grand Central Dispatch, 64-bit, FaceTime camera, Automator, Full-Screen, built-in Sharing and much more. And Pixelmator’s beautiful interface and image editing engine are fully optimized for the Macbook Pro with Retina display.
Apple Design Award Winner
Best of Mac App Store 2011: App of the Year 2011
What's New in Version 3.3.1
• Pinch to zoom support
• Resize and scroll features added to Shapes, Gradients, and Styles palettes.
Fixes and improvements
• The horizontal scrollbar is now properly visible, as is the document’s bottom side.
• The Info bar now displays X and Y coordinates properly.
• Fixed an issue where Control-clicking the canvas doesn’t bring up the shortcut menu.
• Double-clicking the title bar now minimizes the app when “Double-click a window’s title bar to minimize” is selected in System Preferences.
• Changing palettes’ size is now way faster and more responsive.
• The Zoom Tool’s slider is now more responsive.
• Pixelmator folder didn’t always appear on iCloud Drive. We’ve fixed it.
• No more memory leaks with Magic Wand and Paint Bucket, which means they work faster now.
• Fixed effects’ rope glitches while moving the rope handle.
• Clicking the Close All option no longer corrupts the palettes.
Stability and reliability
Fixes related to stability and reliability, including issues that could cause Pixelmator to quit unexpectedly or hang in these situations:
• When using Pixelmator actions in Automator. Also, we’ve improved the Fit Images action output quality.
• When exporting image to JPEG and PNG file formats.
• When exporting slices.
• When copying or pasting grouped layers with other than an sRGB color profile.
Some more exciting news! An awesomely delicious newsletter is getting ready for show. If you want to join the news list, subscribe here: pixelmator.com/newsletter.
Want to share some feedback, need help, or want to give us some praise? Email us at email@example.com or give a shout out to @pixelmator.
Feels very close to Photoshop….
Pixelmator is to Photoshop as Mercedes is to Ferari. It isn’t quite as sexy and costs less, but it is still a top-quality product.
Pixelmator is the best image and photo editing tool for the Mac that you will find after Photoshop. I was looking for an alternative to Photoshop, as I didn’t want to sign-up to pay an ongoing monthly fee for eternity. I thoroughly researched the options and settled on Pixelmator. After using Pixelmator for almost one year, I can confidently say that I am very glad that I purchased it.
I love the fact that I can import and export .PSD files. The “bandaid” repair/retouching feature works flawlessly, considerably better than what I have seen in other apps. I can expand my skills through a large number of well made, succinct tutorial videos, which explain how to use each feature within Pixelmator. I know that I will enjoy future updates, as Pixelmator continues actively in development, and new features keep getting added. I just can’t say enough great things about this app. Give it a shot. You won’t regret it….
Get things done. Fast.
My wife has a full CC subscription for her work, and so I have a few of the apps installed on my mac, in case she needs to use them, and I figured we’re paying, so why not take advantage?
Well, even after learning all the basic tools and menus in PS-CC14, if a web client emails me and asks for a new banner or some touch ups for some icons, or ANY graphic work at all, I find myself still using PIXELMATOR. I just get things done. I don’t care if anyone else uses other tools, my clients don’t know I used an inexpensive app! Everything looks FANTASTIC!
The ONLY thing that seems slightly lacking is text editing, but that’s not quite in the wheelhouse of this type of application. Useful to keep inDesign installed for when I need to audition 400 fonts for a banner, etc. It’s tedious to do that in Pixelmator, but for everything else from touch-ups to creating new graphics from scratch (for web OR Print), Pixelmator is the go-to-app that I always reach for. You should too!
Been using for years now, what a great application!!
I love this app. I have been using Pixlmator for about 4-5 years now & can honestly say, I prefer it to Photoshop & various other “competitors.” Smooth, fun & easy to achieve desired results. My only complaint would have to lie under the text/font category. The current font selections have been the same since this apps introduction. I would really appreciate some time spent creating some new fonts, as well as some font templates, designs, layout options etc.. Truly the only category this app is lacking. There are literally millions of different types of fonts out there & pixlemators still stuck with the same 75 they started with. Deadicate some time to enhancing you text division & you will have one of the top 3 design app of all time. Thank you for your hard work & deadication to creating such a quailty application with such practical use. I for one have been able to utilize Pixlemator for things I never even wouldve immagined upon my first time opening the app. Well done.