By Pixelmator Team
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Full-featured and powerful image editing app for the Mac.
Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest Mac features and technologies, giving you speedy, powerful tools that let you touch up and enhance images, draw or paint, apply dazzling effects, or create advanced compositions with ease. Once your images are ready, access them anywhere with iCloud, save them to Photos, share via email or social networks, print, or export to popular image formats. All right from Pixelmator.
The new Pixelmator 3.4 is redesigned to cohere with OS X El Capitan’s fresh and modern look, brings new OS X Continuity features, like Handoff and iCloud Drive support, and works wonderfully together with Pixelmator for iOS.
A powerful, pixel-accurate collection of selection tools
• Quickly and easily select any part of an image
• Edit and apply special effects to portions of your pictures
• Select and remove unwanted elements of your photos
• Cut out objects from one image to place in another
Top-notch painting tools
• Paint with Pixelmator as you would on canvas
• Use different brush sizes, shapes, hardness, and blending modes
• Adjust brush settings to get just the look you want
• Cover any area with beautiful gradients and color fills
• Correct wrinkles and repair scratches
• Make flaws vanish from your photos, remove or re-arrange objects in a composition
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken specific areas
• Get rid of the red eye effect with just one click
• Distort or transform to subtly improve or give images a completely unexpected look.
• Combine different tools and effects for an endless number of ways to refine your images
• Easily add, create, combine, and edit shapes
• Quickly add lines, circles, rectangles, polygons, and many more custom shapes
• Effortlessly apply shadows, fills, and strokes for more advanced shapes
• Create buttons, icons, web page elements, illustrations, and much more
A real effects machine
• Over 160 different breathtaking effects you can play with
• Combine different effects for unique, near-effortless artistic creations
• See stunning results in real-time
An elegant collection of professional-grade color correction tools
• Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows and highlights, brightness, contrast, and much more
• Replace and remix colors
• Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with one click
• Designed with friendly interface features for intuitive ease of use
• Easily add non-destructive layer effects like shadows, outlines, color, gradient fills, or reflections
• Combine a set of effects to create and save your own unique layer styles presets
• Or just use any of the Pixelmator Team-designed layer styles presets
• Applying any of the layer styles presets is as simple as drag and drop
• Send your images directly to iPhoto or Aperture
• Open and save images using PSD, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF, and many other popular formats
• Open and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save 16-bits per channel images
iCloud, sharing, and saving for the web
• Let iCloud automatically store your edited images and seamlessly take your work to all your Macs
• You can completely skip manual saving of your documents thanks to Auto Save
• Email your photos right from Pixelmator
• Publish your images to social applications like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
• Optimize and save images for use on your web pages, blogs, photo albums, and more
Built exclusively for Mac
Pixelmator uses a number of OS X features and technologies like Cocoa, OpenGL, OpenCL, Core Image, Grand Central Dispatch, 64-bit, FaceTime camera, Automator, Full-Screen, built-in Sharing and much more. And Pixelmator’s beautiful interface and image editing engine are fully optimized for the Macbook Pro with Retina display.
Apple Design Award Winner
Best of Mac App Store 2011: App of the Year 2011
What's New in Version 3.4.2
This update features minor improvements and bug fixes.
• Gradients in 16-bit images now look much smoother.
• Improved support for 16-bit Photoshop images.
• Effect previews in the Effects Browser look sharper.
• When cropping, the area within the crop marquee used to be slightly lightened, now the colors stay the same.
• When hovering over an effect name in the Effects Browser, the correct name and shortcut is shown in the tooltip.
• In OS X 10.11.2, the corners of several effects thumbnails were filled with random colors. We fixed them.
• The app used to quit unexpectedly when using the Gradient Tool on OS X 10.9.5. We fixed this.
Other recent improvements:
• Full OS X El Capitan support.
• Pixelmator Photos Extension with Metal-based Distort tools.
• Split View support.
Supermodel with a Facial Wart - Updated
(Facinating, I post this review and less than 48 hours later Pixelmator disapears from my Applications folder without a trace, not accidentally deleted either)
Really great value, superb app, like Gisele Bündchen but unfortunately with a wart on her nose. That wart? All the incessent extra steps in "exporting". Open a JPEG, saving it back as a JPEG means extra steps in exporting. All files that Pixelmater opens it tries to make you save them to their proprietary format. The Pixelmator format might be all fine and dandy but when I open a PNG, JPEG or otherwise, I EXPECT TO SAVE IT OUT TO THE SAME FILE TO THE SAME FORMAT. In fact, I would recommend that Pixemator get rid of their own one trick pony format and just save as Photoshop as the default. Love the app, HATE the file saving. How many times have I accidentally sent someone a Pixelmator file they couldn’t open? -2 stars for the frustration and extra work of exporting and deleting all those Pixelmater files that I accidentally save.
UPDATE: Found that while idling with nothing open, Pixelmator will chew up processor and on a MacBook Pro, reduce your battery operation time by 50%. A hairy wart...
Beautiful interface, ingenious simplicity
I have never been a huge fan of Abobe Photoshop or Illustrator due to their ugly layout and overly detailed options in every aspect of editing. Yet, that was all I had for a while so it had to do. Then they changed their program to a subscription where one pays a certain price every month and simply OWNING the program outright is thrown out the window. So I knew I had to be on the hunt for a new program. Finding Pixelmator was a total GODSEND! With it’s unbelievably aesthetic layout, wonderfully simple editing tools and ingenious capabilities much like Photoshop & Illustrator, I felt like I made a graphic editing HOME RUN. This application works for eveyrthing I do for my social media marketing of 3 different businesses, my website graphics for all of these businesses and also my own personal artistic endeavors. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants something visually pleasing, remarkably simple and FAST so you can make your graphic ideas real without any stops.
This app is by far the best image editor you can get your hands on without spending tons of money. At first I thought of trying Photoshop just by hearing others talk... but after seeing how Adobe is charging so much to use their software, I decided to look into Pixelmator. After watching a few short tutorials on some basics it offered, I bought it. In a few minutes, I was able to quickly and freely transform, custom skew an image within Pixelmator to line up perfectly with a UV map I exported out of my 3d modeling software. This is a fantasic product, I highly recommend this to anyone who is not wanting to spend tons of money. Looking forward to future enhancements and exploring the many features this app has to offer.