By Pixelmator Team
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint, as well as create advanced image compositions on iPad and iPhone alike.
Pixelmator has everything you need — whether you’re a mobile photographer, mobile painter, or mobile graphic designer — all in one easy-to-use app.
And it works seamlessly with Mac as well, so you can start creating on iPhone or iPad and continue right where you left off on your Mac.
Designed exclusively for iOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS 11 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Advanced Photo Editing
• Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
• Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color correction presets
• Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
• Easily remove color cast and set the right white balance
• Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
• Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
• Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
• Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
• Open and edit images of up to 100 megapixels
Full-Featured Painting App
• Paint stunning images right on your iPhone and iPad
• Choose from more than 100 artist-designed brushes and numerous painting techniques
• Paint with near-natural wetness effect of watercolor and crayon brushes
• Create stunning pixel art images with the custom-designed Pixel brush
• Paint with incredible detail thanks to the double texture brush technology
• Smudge colors of an image for smooth color blends
• Vary the speed of your stroke to change brush thickness of some of the brushes
• Easily select and fine-tune colors with a full-featured Color Picker
• Instantly choose colors right from your image with the Eyedropper
• Use layers to isolate and blend elements of your painting
• Paint more naturally than ever with the Apple Pencil on your iPad Pro, featuring palm rejection, pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity
• Enjoy perfectly seamless painting thanks to the OpenGL ES-based Pixelmator Paint Engine
• Combine words, shapes, and images to create breathtaking artwork right on your iPhone
• Apply non-destructive layer styles like shadows, outlines, gradient fills, and more
• Insert, group, merge, and blend layers of an image
• Add text and make it look beautiful with a full set of text-styling settings
• Easily add, combine, and customize shapes
• Blend layers, shapes, and text using any of the 32 blending modes
• Use precise selection tools to edit areas of an image
• Crop, arrange, and rotate objects and layers with pixel-perfect precision
• Easily remove image background or cut and paste objects from one image to another
• Open, edit, and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save images using PSD, JPEG, PNG, and many other popular formats
• Import HEIF images
• Save your images directly to your Photos app
• Store and access images on iCloud Drive
iCloud and Sharing
• Create, edit, and keep all your images up to date on all your devices thanks to the iCloud support
• Share your artwork with friends and family via email
• Instantly publish your images to social platforms like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
Designed for iOS 11
Pixelmator is meticulously thought through and created from the ground up for iOS 11. Designed to take full advantage of powerful iOS features and technologies and engineered to leverage the full power of 64-bit architecture, ARC, Grand Central Dispatch, OpenGL ES, Metal, Core Image, and Core Animation, Pixelmator delivers state-of-the-art performance and real-time responsiveness.
What's New in Version 2.4.1
This update includes full support for iPhone X as well as a number of stability fixes and performance improvements.
WoW turned my iPad into a laptop
Pixelmator for iOS is exactly what you would expect to get if you ever used the desktop version. This is not to say that if you don’t have the desktop version that this is of no use but what I mean is the ease of use and powerful capabilities that you become accustomed to on the Mac is similar to the iOS counterpart . This is like having preview but better on your iPad. Now that my photo needs are met my iPad is a full functioning laptop for me. No more having to go to my computer to do something like add a clone or blur a background. The fuss over adobe is all hype. Being a pro is not based on a high priced app just so you can say “I use photoshop” but rather a pro is someone who can get the job done and no matter the app/software being used.
If you’re looking for the basics of Adobe Photoshop, this app is perfect! I’ve been looking for a suitable replacement for PS since purchasing the iPad Pro (10.5) this past month. And unfortunately, besides LightRoom, the Adobe iPad apps still fall pretty short. Most people referred me to Affinity Photo on iPad (which looks amazing). But for the price of Pixelmator, I just had to try it out...
And WOW 🙈.
Awesome job you guys! I’ve been using it with the Apple Pencil for a few days, and for the first time, I actually don’t miss my laptop while doing light photo editing and sketching. Can’t wait to see future updates. Definitely some serious potential here!
Update needed iPhone X...UPDATE
Raised to 5 stars. Very prompt response that followed up with an update to fix. Nicely done Pixelmator team! Keep up the good work as you have an awesome product!
An update is needed for the iPhone X - pictures cannot be edited>selected. The main screen where all pictures are housed is unable to “edit” in portrait mode because the edit button is too close to the battery symbol. Also, for whatever reason the app is occasionally freezing. Please fix with updates!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 20, 2017
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 139 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: UAB Pixelmator Team
- © 2016 Pixelmator Team
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.