Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint, as well as create advanced image compositions on iPad and iPhone alike.
Pixelmator has everything you need — whether you’re a mobile photographer, mobile painter, or mobile graphic designer — all in one easy-to-use app.
And it works seamlessly with Mac as well, so you can start creating on iPhone or iPad and continue right where you left off on your Mac.
Designed exclusively for iOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS 11 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Advanced Photo Editing
• Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
• Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color correction presets
• Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
• Easily remove color cast and set the right white balance
• Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
• Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
• Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
• Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
• Open and edit images of up to 100 megapixels
Full-Featured Painting App
• Paint stunning images right on your iPhone and iPad
• Choose from more than 100 artist-designed brushes and numerous painting techniques
• Paint with near-natural wetness effect of watercolor and crayon brushes
• Create stunning pixel art images with the custom-designed Pixel brush
• Paint with incredible detail thanks to the double texture brush technology
• Smudge colors of an image for smooth color blends
• Vary the speed of your stroke to change brush thickness of some of the brushes
• Easily select and fine-tune colors with a full-featured Color Picker
• Instantly choose colors right from your image with the Eyedropper
• Use layers to isolate and blend elements of your painting
• Paint more naturally than ever with the Apple Pencil on your iPad Pro, featuring palm rejection, pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity
• Enjoy perfectly seamless painting thanks to the OpenGL ES-based Pixelmator Paint Engine
• Combine words, shapes, and images to create breathtaking artwork right on your iPhone
• Apply non-destructive layer styles like shadows, outlines, gradient fills, and more
• Insert, group, merge, and blend layers of an image
• Add text and make it look beautiful with a full set of text-styling settings
• Easily add, combine, and customize shapes
• Blend layers, shapes, and text using any of the 32 blending modes
• Use precise selection tools to edit areas of an image
• Crop, arrange, and rotate objects and layers with pixel-perfect precision
• Easily remove image background or cut and paste objects from one image to another
• Open, edit, and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save images using PSD, JPEG, PNG, and many other popular formats
• Import HEIF images
• Save your images directly to your Photos app
• Store and access images on iCloud Drive
iCloud and Sharing
• Create, edit, and keep all your images up to date on all your devices thanks to the iCloud support
• Share your artwork with friends and family via email
• Instantly publish your images to social platforms like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
Designed for iOS 11
Pixelmator is meticulously thought through and created from the ground up for iOS 11. Designed to take full advantage of powerful iOS features and technologies and engineered to leverage the full power of 64-bit architecture, ARC, Grand Central Dispatch, OpenGL ES, Metal, Core Image, and Core Animation, Pixelmator delivers state-of-the-art performance and real-time responsiveness.
Pixelmator for iOS 2.4.2 features a number of stability improvements and bug fixes.
• Newly created Pixelmator files will now appear in the Recents tab of the Files app.
• The new layer popover was being displayed incorrectly in landscape on iPhone X. Fixed.
• The Retouch and Distort tool previews shown when adjusting the Size and Strength sliders were being displayed incorrectly in landscape on iPhone X. Fixed.
• Pixelmator for iOS would sometimes quit unexpectedly when trying to load user-installed fonts. Fixed.
• Previewing certain effects would cause the canvas to be centered incorrectly. Fixed.
• Editing an empty text layer would sometimes make Pixelmator for iOS quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Fixed an issue with grouping and reordering layers that would occasionally make Pixelmator for iOS quit unexpectedly.
Ratings and Reviews
Pixelmator sets a new standard for photo editing on iPhone and iPad with a suite of staggeringly powerful tools. Combining gorgeous templates, intuitive touch-screen controls, and completely customizable effects, this full-featured editor is in a class all its own. Plus, with seamless syncing using iCloud Drive, it doesn’t matter where the project was started—you can keep editing on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
riddled with app-breaking bugs
i used to love pixelmator because it’s the closest alternative to a desktop image processor for iphone, but i simply can’t keep using it in its current state. half of my pixelmator projects no longer open. when they do open, exporting edited images to my photo library often ignores the last performed edit, meaning that i have to re-open the app and try exporting again. the app crashes or stops responding, requiring a force-quit and relaunch to become functional again - especially in the file selection view, where opening a folder often results in the folder being opened, extending off of the bottom of the screen, while freezing and making the app unusable.
also, maybe i’m missing something, but the closest thing that i can find to a color “clipboard” is the “previous” color option, and that requires going to the paint tool and sampling a color before it becomes available, and is overwritten by the next color that is selected for any purpose. a color clipboard with an easily accessible sampler is a VERY basic feature in photo editing and design.
please make this app better. please add a coherent color clipboard and sampler. please work on these app-breaking bugs. it’s becoming virtually unusable for me - someone who works primarily with design.
Hi there, could you drop us a line about the crashes at firstname.lastname@example.org?
As for the color swatches, you can find them by tapping the little triangle at the bottom of the color picker. Also, you can drag the Current and Previous colors to the left to reveal more of your previously picked colors.
Fantastic for the price. Needs a few things to simplify the work flow. Most importantly it needs a way to check the last edit against the original without using undo. Sounds minor. It’s not! Easy to get confused and clearly begins to slow the iPad down after a lengthy series of rapid edits and reviews. It is also nearly impossible to keep similar but slightly different photos straight without opening and closing images fingers crossed.
Less importantly, but just slightly is that the controls can be both over sensitive causing unintended UI behaviors that have occasionally destroyed an hour's work in half a second, or just causes general frustration. I'm looking at you, Jack-in-the-box-now-you-see-me-now-you-don’t Layers Pane; and your lousy buddy: Move Image Whether-you-want-to-or-Not.
The worst is when the Layers pane triggers and you try to close it, it usually applies the tool you were in the middle of using to the edge of the canvas. Sigh!
In the larger amazingness of what this app allows you to do with you images these are often just minor issues that occasionally get in the way. Other days they make me take months long I Just Want to See Other Apps Breaks... But I always return...
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 138.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.