Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Relax and bliss out while playing with colorful clouds of space dust! PixelSwarm is a particle system for iOS that responds to your touch with beautiful swirls of pattern and motion.
Other trippy particle toys might claim to be the best, the fastest, or the most advanced... but they just don't compare! With more particles to play with, more types of particles to choose from, more color options, more controls over behaviors, and more randomization than ever, PixelSwarm can generate over 9 × 10^236 unique effects... that's a nine with two hundred and thirty six zeroes behind it! The variety of designs you can create is breathtaking.
PixelSwarm has four swarms of three types that all behave in different ways, so you can experiment with touches, gestures, and settings to create all sorts of crazy visuals. Tap it, stroke it, press and hold multiple fingertips... Find stable orbits, create washes of color, toss dots from finger to finger and play catch... You'll have to play and explore to find out everything it can do.
Just shake your device to bring up the settings menu. Bristling with options, it's a gearhead's dream! There are a whopping 73 settings all working together in harmony to help you create an endless variety of hypnotic effects!
With an engine that takes advantage of Apple's latest hardware's acceleration, PixelSwarm's graphics are lush and smooth, with up to 24000 particles at your whim. That's a lot of particles!
At Wunderkemmer we take our eye candy seriously.
What's New in Version 1.6
It's the Dave T. Edition, with less clumping, six new controls, and two new presets!
- Tune the dustiness of your Gravity Dust, scattering it across space and time!
- Increase your Gravity Bees' fondness for whirling. Make them orbit your finger like little dervishes!
- Individually tweak the intensity of each swarmlet! You can fade them down to almost nothing... ghostly effects and subtle colors are now much easier to create.
- The 'Bug Powder Dust' preset, it's like a raver exploded!
- The 'Christmas Cactus' preset, flowering just in time for the holidays!
- A higher version number!
Plus all the sweet changes from the last release:
- Save and load your swarms
- Choose from 20 beautiful presets
- Copy swarms to and from iTunes
- Color cycling Spray & Prays
- Effects that track individual touches
- Smoked glass menus
- Bees that wander when bored
- Social networking
- The ever important link to online instructions
And a single fix:
- Stomped a lame Gravity Bees gravity bug! A max of 1000? Um, no. More like 2, thanks!
Thanks for the awesome suggestions, Dave.
Needs an update
Last it was updated was over a year ago and I'm still using this app. But not I've moved on to the new iPad and I'm disappointed it doesn't have 2048*1536 display support. Also, a way to export your saved swarms would be nice so I can move them to this iPad. Also, with the new iPad's better hardware you might be able to fit more particles or better yet a new swarm altogether!
I'd still like to see the option to turn off the random touches that occur when you don't do anything for a while.
Very nice app. What's also very cool is that the changes take place is realtime, so you can adjust sliders while you're holding down your finger!
There's two things that would make this app perfect:
1. The option to turn the ambient/random touches that occur when you are not doing anything - for 100% control.
2. A way to save different settings that you have put together so that you don't have to memorise them and adjust the sliders back to that position when you want to go back to another "mode" you have created.
K, i'm annoyed...
I want to give this app a 5 star rating, and it probably deserves one, but just because your device can detect a shake doesn't mean there needs to be one. I have over 20 drawing apps on my phone and this is one of the the only ones that require me to shake the crap out of my phone to get to the menu. I guess if there was not such a need to constantly bring up the menu then it wouldn't be a problem, but i spend more time shaking my phone then actually using this app. With so many settings the dev should really have came up with a better menu system. ill change my rating to 5 stars as soon (if ever) this feature is changed. Please add a hot corner or something. Or add another option to the menu. That's an easy thing to add.
I can't believe how much time I've lost to this amazing app.I love,love love it. After kids are in bed I turn this on and shut my cramping mind off. Neck cramping now from playing so long though. Best app ever. Careful 'cuz you'll lose hours & hours to it.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 23, 2010
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 4.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peter Kemmer
- © 2010 Wunderkemmer
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.