PixiTracker 1BIT is a simple and fun tool to quickly create musical sketches, chiptunes and experiments with TRUE 1-BIT SOUND (like on old microcomputers).
No musical knowledge required!
[ Key features ]
• true 1-bit sound: only 1 and 0 in the final mix;
• pattern-based sequencer (tracker);
• several packs with unique sounds;
• sound recorder (from microphone or line-in);
• MIDI keyboard support;
• WAV export/import;
• export to XM - this file can be loaded by any modern music tracker/player (for example, SunVox);
• iTunes File Sharing, Wi-Fi Export/Import, audio copy/paste;
• Audiobus and IAA support;
• PixiTracker is also available for other systems (see the site);
• PixiTracker player is open source, so you can freely use it in your own Pixilang applications.
* user files are now available through the Files app;
* lists of recent files and folders have been added to the file browser;
* bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Can't go wrong
It's simple but very effective tool to make those chirpy noises. I was greatly impressed by the recording feature. Everything sounds like an old computer. So now you do not need that old computer to make those noises. Create your own, be happy!
1 Bit Has Never Been So Great
It's a must have app if you like working with low bit audio, or if you enjoy PixiTracker. What's different? The sampling is superb, creating 1 bit samples is endlessly entertaining. The simplest sounds can be convert to spectacular 1 bit samples with the built in recorder. It's an incredible function.
(this next part is very unimportant) I would like to see ways to customize the visualizations, giving users the ability to draw their own pixel art and control how it is vizualized... maybe that particular function could be made into a completely different app or an in app purchase. Also it would be cool if there was a way to export customized visualizations to video files.
Pixitracker 1bit is a simplistically amazing way to work with low bit samples. I have no reservations in suggesting that low bit musicians should buy this app immediately.
Edit: I requested something that I didn't know was already available. That is pasted audio can be down converted to 1 bit automatically. Sorry about the mistake... this app rocks.
Out of all the sequencers and DAWs out there i find PixiTracker to be the most fun to work with and am currently IN LOVE with the 1bit version. Making music is downright playful with this app and that's something typically missing from most sequencers. Then there's the 1bit sound: the glorious crunch of lo fi .. especially satisfying when importing your own samples. Easy to learn and very capable / versatile. Oh and the visual page when playing back your song is endlessly entertaining. Great App, Great development, Great find: GET IT. ps- all the Alexander Zolotov apps are 100% worth having.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.