By Techné Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FREE VERSION lets you access all Pixound settings, 20 built-in presets, load your own photos and any presets and pictures that someone sends you. Unlock full version to save your own and share them with thousands of users and friends.
"Pixound Turns Photos into Musical Instruments, and It’s Better Than You Think" — Gizmodo
"Pixound is a trippy music app for iOS that allows users to turn any snap into a song." — MTV Hive
Pixound is a revolutionary form of musical entertainment! Pixound provides a deep musical experience that lets YOU instantly create music using any picture. It's pure fun to play (at any age) and deep because it can be used to play music like you've never heard before. It's so much fun that artist Peter Max bought an iPhone just to have Pixound! Since there is no limit to what pictures you can play from art and graphics to photos and they can be combined with thousands of different musical settings, there is no limit to the music you can create and enjoy. You owe it to yourself to try Pixound!!!
• Play any picture from outer space to art masterpieces
• Record audio or use effects processors via Audiobus 2.1 or Inter-app Audio
• Play in any key or scale (over 65 scales/modes)
• Add Bass and Drums from lots of choices
• Add Song Progressions from basic to classical and more
• Select from over 127 instruments for four voices R, B, G and bass
• Download our sound packs to add new sounds like Moog and Digeridoo
• Save your own settings and share with others (in-app purchase required)
• Add Reverb effect
• Save MIDI files and go direct out to MIDI synthesizers (in-app purchase)
• Access shared presets from the Pixound Community
What's New in Version 3.0.0
• Free version has full pixound settings and functionality with 18 new free presets and tons of graphics to play
• Universal app optimized for iPad or iPhone
• New iOS 7 interface with retina graphics
• New Sound Engine with Audiobus 2.1 and IAA compatibility
• MIDI in-app purchase now unlocks direct MIDI out so pixound can be used as advanced MIDI controller
• Ability to add custom samples (sf2, WAV and CAF) through iTunes
• More responsive to touch
• Easier access to Mixer with Reverb control added
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 01, 2014
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 47.0 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Hologramophone Research, Inc.
- © 2014 Techné Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Full Version$0.99
- Pixound MIDI File Save Feature$4.99
- Pixound Preset Pack 2 Feature$0.99