Pizza Fractions 1
By Brian West
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ranked a top 100 iPad education app in the United States, March 2015, Pizza Fractions offers a simple, visually-based introduction to fractions for elementary school kids.
In chef's pizzeria your child masters the concept of naming simple fractions using pizza picture examples. Designed for grade levels 2-5, Pizza Fractions provides introductory practice with fractions in an approachable game-like environment.
Key features include:
- players presented with randomly generated fractions to identify by counting slices of pizza
- entry level simple fractions build confidence with denominators 1-12, excluding sevenths and elevenths
- adjustable level of difficulty allows beginners to start with easier fractions and progress as they learn
- option to advance questions by shaking the device or using a button
- score data and round timing allows you and your child to compete by alternating rounds
- animated cartoon chef and comical sound effects lend appeal to the learning process
What's New in Version 1.7
"Made for Kids" designation
Pretty good but kind of limited
Taught my preschooler basic fractions with this pizza pie app, it is good for visualizing the concepts but could be much better if there were more to it than just pizza pies, ie. geometric shapes or other foods/objects, also needs more animation than just the pizza guy making a funny face (like different expressions for right and wrong answers) more sound effects, also it would be great if it was narrated for kids who don't read yet. And a reward system, like stickers to set the table or restaurant for the pizza dinner for example. And would be great if pizza had solid and dotted lines for same question so kids could visualize equivalent fractions (ie if picture of half the pie then could have dotted lines to show it is also four eights, etc).
This app stinks I play it but only if I'm really bored I especially don't like it when you have to shake it for a new question
It is okay if you want to put a lot of effort into it
Ok but limited
It's kind of ok but a bit limited. Hoping for an update with more features.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 23, 2013
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 4.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Brian West
- © Copyright Brian West 2010. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.