Ranked a top 100 iPad education app in the United States, March 2015, Pizza Fractions offers a simple, visually-based introduction to fractions for elementary school kids.
In chef's pizzeria your child masters the concept of naming simple fractions using pizza picture examples. Designed for grade levels 2-5, Pizza Fractions provides introductory practice with fractions in an approachable game-like environment.
Key features include:
- players presented with randomly generated fractions to identify by counting slices of pizza
- entry level simple fractions build confidence with denominators 1-12, excluding sevenths and elevenths
- adjustable level of difficulty allows beginners to start with easier fractions and progress as they learn
- score data and round timing allows you and your child to compete by alternating rounds
- animated cartoon chef and comical sound effects lend appeal to the learning process
iOS 10 compatibility update
Ratings and Reviews
Yes it’s a good app but it’s super easy for me and I think you should at least be able to pick your grade. I am in 5th grade as I am writing this and these fractions are a little easy for me witch maybe I should just use a diffrent app for my math. But this is a AMAZING APP!
Best app ever!!
I don't know why but I like this better than any single app ever even if its not for learning 😲 I love it!!!
Pizza Fractions: Beginning With Simple Fractions is a very nice app to introduce and practice beginning fractions. Users can choose how to access the next fraction, shake or with next button. The user can choose from 3 levels of difficulty but when setting or choosing the levels one is prompted to use the link to see more apps, though it is easy to go back into the current game. Access to these settings is through a very small non intrusive i embedded into the scene. This is a great app to use with children who are just being introduced to fractions as the visual given will help them better understand what a fraction looks like. Answers are chosen from a field of three. Wrong answers are identified as wrong and the user can try again. At the end of the game the score is given along with percentage achievement. A very nice app.
- Brian West
- 5.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright Brian West 2010. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.