Pkshr – Location Based Photo Sharing Social Network
By Brillisoft, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Look through the lens of those near you.
Pkshr lets you discover images broadcast by family, a friend, or the public. This new experience brings photo sharing into real time! Imagine you’re at a football game, a concert, a party, or some other event and you’re taking pictures with your iPhone. There are many other people taking pictures with their iPhones too. Some of them might have a better vantage point or are lucky enough to capture a great moment. Wouldn’t it be fantastic to be able to see their pictures and save the ones you like?
With Pkshr, you can… It works like any other camera app, with one big difference. At the bottom of the screen, you will see thumbnails of the pictures others are taking at the same location (up to 100 miles from where you are). You can tap any of them to see a full screen version and, if you like them, you can tap on the download button to save them to your phone!
Before Pkshr, when you took pictures, you could only look through your device’s lens. Now you can look through hundreds of other lenses and save whichever images you like. It’s like having all the other photographers working for you, running around taking pictures that you can just tap and save…
You can choose to share your pictures too. There are two sharing modes: friends and public. In public mode, everyone in a 100 mile radius from you will be able to save your pictures. In friends mode, only your friends in a 100 mile radius can see and save your pictures. If you set Pkshr to private mode, nobody can see your photos; but you can still see those that are being shared by others.
We’re sure you will find many great uses for this app, besides taking pictures at a concert or party. For example, say you arrive in Paris on vacation. Launch Pkshr and see what pictures people are taking around you. What a cool way to discover a new city… How would your kids react if you went to Disneyland and you show them all the pictures others are taking in a 100 mile radius?
Features in v2.0 of Pkshr…
- When you first launch the app, there is a help screen to explain how to use the app (it is super-simple).
- You can set the sharing radius (up to 100 miles); the bigger the radius, the more pictures you receive.
- Friends sharing mode: your photos can be seen only by your friends that have Pkshr (up to 100 miles).
- Public sharing mode: your photos can be seen by everyone that has Pkshr (up to 100 mile radius).
- Private mode: your photos are saved only to your phone. Nobody else can see them.
- Front / rear camera toggle: Pkshr can take selfies too…
- Photos taken by others in a 100 mile radius will be shown as small thumbnails at the bottom of the screen.
- Thumbnail photos are refreshed as new pictures are received.
- Browse the thumbnails by flicking that area of the screen left and right.
- View full screen versions of the shared photos by tapping on them.
- Browse the photos in full screen view by flicking the screen left and right.
- Pictures are available for downloading for 7 days after being taken.
- Choose to be notified when there are new pictures near you.
We hope you enjoy this app as much as we enjoyed creating it :-). Write to us and let us know of all the cool ways you use it and please share it with your friends and family. If you have any ideas of how we can make it better, let us know. We build apps for you, so we welcome any ideas and criticism; we’d love to hear from you…
What's New in Version 2.1
Small text changes
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Sep 02, 2015
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 12.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: BrilliSoft, LLC
- © 2015 BrilliSoft & Moqod
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.