Placeboard – Remember, organize and share your favorite places or locations
By Quentin Mathe
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Selected in the Best New Apps of the App Store *
** Featured in The Next Web, Lifehacker, Wired Italy, MacStories, AppAdvice and more **
"I would recommend Placeboard to anyone who has a bulging bookmarks folder of places they really want to visit." Amanda Connolly – The Next Web
"The app is minimalistic, pretty easy to use, and has a lot of flexible features to make it work for you." Christine Chan – AppAdvice
"I was lucky enough to try it out, and I was very impressed." Christopher Hannah – AppRecap
Placeboard is your personal organizer to remember places and share them with people you know.
Use it in the city to remember shops, restaurants and many other places. Go in the wilderness and remember a mountaintop or camping spot.
Feel free to organize your places by tags, search what's around you precisely, or change your mind with the best undo/redo support ever built into a mobile app.
Create collaborative lists to which friends can contribute, or share quickly by SMS, email, Twitter…
Tag, rate and add notes to your places. Browse your places automatically organized by city. Keep places unclassified when you want to.
SEARCH & MAP
Toggle map and search visibility at any time. Search your places by name, address, notes, tag etc. Use the distance picker to refine your search to what's around you. Double tap the map to go full-screen. Find new places to add with the same user experience.
SHARE EASILY & QUICKLY
Select one or more places and send them by SMS, Mail, Twitter, Facebook, and more. Placeboard will automatically select the most relevant info and optimize the message formatting.
Create collaborative place lists and invite other Placeboard users to follow them or contribute. For privacy, we encrypt share list data sent over the network — on our side, we cannot even read their content.
Attach one or more photos, reorder them, browse them in a list or full-screen. For every new shot, Placeboard will even keep a full-resolution image in an album in the Photos app.
See all your changes or the ones related to the current screen, then go back in time. Swipe a single change in the history from left to right to undo it, without losing what you did after.
SIMPLICY MEETS FLEXIBILITY
Achieve every action in a minimal number of steps. Enjoy a more fluid user experience, with inline tag and distance pickers. Forget about confirmation dialogs thanks to our undo/redo support.
Backup your entire place database to iCloud Drive, Dropbox, and Google Drive (requires the corresponding app to be installed). Switch between backups without relaunching.
Forget about poor landscape support without much love put into it. For Placeboard, we built the entire user experience to support portrait and landscape properly.
If you have any feedback or questions, get in touch with us: email@example.com
What's New in Version 1.0.3
- Added place count at the right of each row in Cities
- New smart formatting to hide 'http' and 'www' in Website field
- Tags are now kept sorted by name in Place Editor
- Improved Tags field to automatically select new tags created by tapping + in Place Editor
- Improved History to always show the current action without requiring any scrolling
- Better performance (up to 200 times faster when navigating the history)
- Fixed search result count to get refreshed when deleting or adding a place
- Fixed crash when double tapping on an empty row in Add Place screen
- Fixed incorrect alert when adding Custom Location in landscape orientation
- Fixed several crash cases when adding a photo to a place
- Fixed a crash when reordering photos
- Fxed search related crash when deleting a place in Place Editor, while browsing All, Unclassified, or Cities
- Fixed several Tags field resizing issues in Place Editor
- Fixed a crash when entering Place Editor and Notes contains paragraphs
- Fixed a crash when removing a place from a share list
I was comparing this app to an app called Rego and decided on this one because of its cloud sync capabilities. I wanted to keep an updated list of places with my family and friends. This is great for that.
Overall, the layout is beautiful and the design is well thought-out with lots of features. Great app!