Plan to Eat helps busy households get healthy dinners on the table. Collect and organize your recipes, add those recipes to your meal planning calendar, and Plan to Eat will make your shopping list for you based on what you plan.
Plan to Eat will give you the benefits of meal planning (saving money, eating better food, and eating together more often) while using your recipes, planned on your schedule!
The Plan to Eat app gives you easy access to your recipes, meal plan, and shopping list while on the go, even when you’re offline. Everything in the app is automatically synced to your account on the Plan to Eat website.
If you already have an account with the Plan to Eat website, log into your account in the app and all of your recipes and meal plans will be waiting for you.
If you’re new to Plan to Eat, welcome! Plan to Eat is free for the first 30 days. There is no credit card required to start your free trial and no obligation if you decide that Plan to Eat is not for you. At the end of your free trial you’ll have the option to start an annual subscription for $39.
• Collect your recipes from anywhere: import from websites or enter manually.
• Recipe Book: Access your recipes from anywhere! Use the recipe Cooking View to cook from a step-by-step version of any recipe on your list.
• Meal Planner: Add recipes, ingredients and notes to create your meal plan. Planned recipes and ingredients are automatically added to your shopping list. View, cook and change the servings size for your planned recipes.
• Shopping List: Your personalized shopping list is made automatically by selecting a date range from your Plan to Eat planner.
• Add or edit your stores and grocery categories to customize a shopping list that is perfect for how you shop.
• Check items off as you shop to stay organized while in the store.
• Add or edit items on your list. Plan to Eat will automatically select the store and grocery category based on what you’ve selected in the past.
• View planned recipes associated with items on your grocery list.
• Use the Staples List to add common, and often forgotten, items to your shopping list.
• All of your recipes, planned menus, and shopping lists are also available on the Plan to Eat website. Simply log into your account in any web browser.
If you have questions or feedback, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for using Plan to Eat!
This is the most uninteresting update ever. We removed the "Where's the navigation?" message from the hamburger menu.
Ratings and Reviews
New app is the icing on the cake
I love Plan to Eat--I can't imagine going back to meal planning and grocery shopping for my family of six without it! I’ve been using it for over a year and in my opinion, it’s an incredible value for the convenience it lends to the necessary task of feeding my family. Another thing: the personalities of the real people behind the software really come through in their interactions with members (blog and email newsletters), which makes the user experience that much more enjoyable. They really put forth effort toward building community among members.
Until the app release this week, if a person wanted to use the software mobily, she had to access the website on the phone’s internet browser. It worked, but wasn’t ideal. The release of the brand-new app is really the icing on the cake and the cherry on top of the icing! It is so robust that a person can accomplish nearly everything on her phone that she can on her desktop, which reflects the world we live in. Thanks Plan To Eat!!!
Love Plan To Eat!
I came back to PTE after trying it several years ago because I saw they finally had a mobile app! The app has made it so much more practical for me to use on a regular basis. The subscription is well worth the price when I consider how much money in saving at the grocery store by not buying things we don’t need.
I’ve given the app 4 stars for now because there are a few things I’d like to see added/fixed. One of my favorite features of the website is the freezer feature. I’ll often make double of something, and then freeze half for another week, and that feature makes it so easy to plan for that. I would love to have access to the freezer (and to freeze meals) from the mobile app, but for now I’m stuck doing it on my computer. My other issue is more minor, but I would also love to have access to the queue feature on the mobile app, so when I add a new recipe or think of something I want to make, I can add it to the queue and then remember to make it in the next week or two.
Best app ever
I signed up on Plan to Eat over a year ago, but I’ve been using it faithfully for about five months now. As a mom of four in her first year of law school, this app saves my hectic life from absolutely imploding. I downloaded the bookmark to my laptop, so now, when I’m on Pinterest looking for recipes, it’s one mouse click and everything I like is automatically in Plan to Eat for Me. But wait, there’s more.
The user interface is intuitive, and it’s easy to drag and drop to populate my meal planner for the week. This is also super helpful if I’m trying to eat Keto (for me) and plan regular meals for my kids at the same time. I can add notes to the planner if I plan on eating leftovers for a meal to remind myself what I’d planned without doubling the ingredients in the shopping list.
I bookmarked the website on all my children’s devices, so they can log in when they get home from school to see what is planned for dinner and get the meal started with the recipe right in front of them.
But the best part is the latest update. Before this update, I could only access the meal planner through the website, which added an unnecessary step to mealtime since I could never remember what I’d planned for a meal from one minute to the next. Now the app has a section where I can view the planner, choose the meal I planned, and go straight to the recipe.
It’s everything I want in a meal planning app and worth every penny for the yearly subscription.
- Plan to Eat, LLC
- 20.2 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Plan to Eat, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- One Year Subscription $38.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.