Description app is an automated teacher lesson planner that makes managing your plans easier, faster, and more functional than a physical paper/pencil planbook. app on the iPhone is a companion app. A teacher requires a planbook account. app on the iPad allows you to Sign Up for a 30-day free trial account, and make an In-app purchase in the (Go To) Account view, Renew Subscription. allows you to enter and edit your lesson plans, and view your plans by week, day, month, or class lesson list. Schedule changes are dynamic, as you can bump lessons forward or back, extend lessons, or delete lessons, and your schedule will adjust accordingly.

Additional features include:

In iPad and iPhone:

- Add and report on state and national standards, including Common Core State Standards
- Attach links to your lessons
- Add your school calendar (planning days, holidays, assemblies, snow days, etc.) and your own events (student birthdays, team meetings, field trips, etc.)
- Print your plans or save to a PDF file

In iPad only:
- Specify your schedule type, supports weekly, two weeks, A/B, and cycle schedules
- Create custom schedules for each subject/class, select the days and times you teach
- Create templates for your subjects/classes
- Easily reuse classes and lessons from one year to the next


- View all your teachers' plans and create a shared school calendar with a school account
- Create teacher Standards Reports
- Manage teacher accounts
- Add Comments to teachers

What's New

Version 7.0.5

Hello teachers!

This update includes a new event editor, to match our new user interface on the web. We've also knocked out a number of bugs with this release.

Thank you for using!

Ratings and Reviews

2.2 out of 5
149 Ratings
149 Ratings

Very pleasantly surprised!

I have always created my own lesson plan template, so I was hesitant when I began using planbook. I wasn’t sure I would actually use it. However , it is so easy and helpful that I don’t ever want to go back to creating my own! I love being able to make my own sections and then only using the ones that apply to that lesson. The other ones don’t show up, which makes it very visually pleasing. Moving lessons is so easy also! I love how easy it is to plan (or brainstorm) on the go, when I’m sitting at my daughter’s sports game or waiting in line. Then later I can go back later and beef up the lesson. It has saved me a lot of time! It has synced easily on all my devices and it’s easy to print a copy of my plans to have on hand for a sub. Love Planbook!


Good app, poor service

I’ve been using the app and web version for several years. Once in a long while, I can no longer connect to my lesson plans during teaching time unfortunately. It is not due to internet issue from work place. I even tested out using my Verizon’s internet data as a hotspot. On March 6, it happened again where I cannot access my lesson plans and again I verified that it’s not the internet issue at work. I called their support number. The automated message said something to an extent that if you need an immediate or quick assistant is to email them. I emailed them asking if their server was down. As of this review (March 8), I still haven’t heard back from them. However, with that said, I was able to connect back to my lesson plans later that same day. Again, I like using their planbook. I’ve been using it for 4 years now but poor service support when you need to get a hold of them.


Love program but not the app

LOVE Planbook! The ability to share/copy plans and units from other teachers is amazing! Also appreciate the ability to provide suggestions for improving and they will follow up when the improvement is chosen, again when started and lastly when completed. Plans can be copied year to year and units dropped right into plans, so many great features that have made my life easier over the past few years. With all the good, the app is lacking. Isn’t as easy to use, has some glitches - prefer to hop on the computer - 80% of the time this is how I use Planbook, but it’s frustrating the other 20%


Teacher Innovations, Inc.
25.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
Age Rating
Rated 4+
© Teacher Innovations, Inc.
In-App Purchases
  1. 1 Year Subscription $14.99
  2. 3 Year Subscription $35.99
  3. 2 Year Subscription $26.99


  • Family Sharing

    With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.

You May Also Like