Planbook.com app is an automated teacher lesson planner that makes managing your plans easier, faster, and more functional than a physical paper/pencil planbook.
Planbook.com app on the iPhone is a companion app. A teacher requires a planbook account.
Planbook.com app on the iPad allows you to Sign Up for a 30-day free trial account, and make an In-app purchase in the (Go To) Account view, Renew Subscription.
Planbook.com allows you to enter and edit your lesson plans, and view your plans by week, day, month, or class lesson list. Schedule changes are dynamic, as you can bump lessons forward or back, extend lessons, or delete lessons, and your schedule will adjust accordingly.
Additional features include:
In iPad and iPhone:
- Add and report on state and national standards, including Common Core State Standards
- Attach links to your lessons
- Add your school calendar (planning days, holidays, assemblies, snow days, etc.) and your own events (student birthdays, team meetings, field trips, etc.)
- Print your plans or save to a PDF file
In iPad only:
- Specify your schedule type, supports weekly, two weeks, A/B, and cycle schedules
- Create custom schedules for each subject/class, select the days and times you teach
- Create templates for your subjects/classes
- Easily reuse classes and lessons from one year to the next
- View all your teachers' plans and create a shared school calendar with a school account
- Create teacher Standards Reports
- Manage teacher accounts
- Add Comments to teachers
Hi Teachers! We're working hard this summer to continue releasing improvements and new features! In this update:
Lesson Bank/Unit Bank Add Lesson/Add Unit (iOS)
Create banks for your units/lessons and apply those to your classes as needed.
Account Page - free months
Connect with other teachers at your school using Planbook.com to receive free months added to your subscription!
My Files - list, upload, rename, delete, view
View, upload, and edit files to be attached to your lessons.
View option to hide/show by lesson status
Sort your classes and lessons on your plans page by the lesson statuses you've applied.
Option to shift lessons for No Class day
Shift your lessons to accommodate adding a No Class Day to your schedule. (do we need a description for this?)
Warning if action will delete lessons
Receive a warning if actions (bump/extend/etc) will cause lessons to be removed.
Copy assignments or assessments from other teachers or previous years in your account.
Copy entire classes (and lessons) from other teachers or previous years in your account.
Let us know what to add next at https://planbook.uservoice.com/
Ratings and Reviews
Good app, poor service
I’ve been using the app and web version for several years. Once in a long while, I can no longer connect to my lesson plans during teaching time unfortunately. It is not due to internet issue from work place. I even tested out using my Verizon’s internet data as a hotspot. On March 6, it happened again where I cannot access my lesson plans and again I verified that it’s not the internet issue at work. I called their support number. The automated message said something to an extent that if you need an immediate or quick assistant is to email them. I emailed them asking if their server was down. As of this review (March 8), I still haven’t heard back from them. However, with that said, I was able to connect back to my lesson plans later that same day. Again, I like using their planbook. I’ve been using it for 4 years now but poor service support when you need to get a hold of them.
Love program but not the app
LOVE Planbook! The ability to share/copy plans and units from other teachers is amazing! Also appreciate the ability to provide suggestions for improving and they will follow up when the improvement is chosen, again when started and lastly when completed. Plans can be copied year to year and units dropped right into plans, so many great features that have made my life easier over the past few years. With all the good, the app is lacking. Isn’t as easy to use, has some glitches - prefer to hop on the computer - 80% of the time this is how I use Planbook, but it’s frustrating the other 20%
Love this app
I have used a lot of different planning apps, and this is the one I have found to be most useful. The only thing I am unhappy about is I can’t find where to make suggestions. I would add handwriting functionality to this app as well as lesson templates. Other than that, it works very well for me!
- Teacher Innovations, Inc.
- 21.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Teacher Innovations, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Subscription $14.99
- 3 Year Subscription $35.99
- 2 Year Subscription $26.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.