Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** Featured by Apple as a New and Noteworthy App in the Mac App Store (Oct 20th, 2011) ***
Planbook is lesson planning software for the Mac. Designed by an educator for other educators, Planbook lets you plan lessons, attach handouts and web links to lessons, track lesson standards and even (using the included, free, planbookconnect.com service) easily create web pages for your students, their parents and other educators
Planbook has dozens of features to make your teaching life easier:
* Enter up to 15 classes a day, 25 classes total using a schedule that matches your school's schedule. Planbook can handle rotating schedules, A/B schedules and more with ease.
* Insert custom days into your schedule to accommodate all the unforeseen changes to our schedules.
* Quickly bump lessons forward or pull lessons back to deal with changes in a lesson.
* Attach files and web sites directly to your lessons.
* Print nicely formatted reports for subs, administrators, absent students and others who might need them.
* Sync your plans to the free PlanbookConnect.com website for your own, or your students' use.
* Easily track standards
* Much, Much More.
What's New in Version 4.2.2
Planbook 4.2.2 fixes some bugs and adds the ability to logout from PlanbookConnect (useful if you'd like to use two accounts with two different files).
1. Fixes issues that could cause problems saving in very rare situations.
2. Enables toggling the last course in the left sidebar when you have enough classes to cause the sidebar to fill or scroll.
3. Fixes weekly report emailing and printing to PDF on < Mac OS X 10.7. This issue was not present on OS X 10.8
I really want to love it...
…but it would crash before I even started developing the thought. I do like that it syncs with my iPad (after getting the iPad app), but whenever I am trying to input plans, it is common that it will crash (as soon as I get moving on some text/or great idea). It even crashes if I try to give feedback through the app.
It would be nice if the Standards could be edited/managed better, especially when new Standards are to be adopted next year and you want to notate that you are including future standards in current lessons.
I wish I could find something else for planning, but at this point in the year - I have to deal with the poison whose malaise I am expecting. Perhaps I am spoiled by not having to hit Command S every five seconds...
It’s pretty good
This is a great app, but just needs a few changes. I agree with other reviewers that Planbook should include the option of preloading the Common Core State Standards. I loaded them myself, and it took a lot of time. I also paid for Assigner, thinking that if I entered assignments in Planbook they might sync with Assigner, but I couldn’t figure out how to do this, so I basically abandoned the Assigner app. I am too busy to enter assignments twice. I do appreciate the fact that the Planbook creator, Jeff Hellman, is so responsive to problems, and truly does want to make the app better.
I just recently purchased this app for both my ipad and macbook pro. I have to say, it is EXTREMELY user friendly, and I am obsessed with it! There are videos on the website if you have trouble using the app, and also if you email any further questions they respond within a few days. $30 seemed like a high price to me… but I sucked it up because I love it SO much!!!!