By pinkfroot limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plane Finder shows live moving planes on a worldwide map. The beautiful and intuitive design puts you in control. Watch in full screen, playback your flights, view in AR, set alerts, search, add filters and so much more!
Plane Finder has been top rated and top ranking since 2009 and covers most of the world, tracking 12,000+ planes simultaneously.
Search by flight number, place name, airport, airline and aircraft or browse the map. (You can choose Apple or Google maps too!).
Watch your previous flights - all the way back to April 2011! Use playback to replay holiday flights, diversions, major incidents etc. You can also easily see the effects of storms, ATC strikes, volcanic ash clouds and more. Or just relax and use playback to view the flow of air traffic through the day.
23 different plane markers are included and airline logos are displayed next to planes for easy identification.
Simply tap a plane to see detailed flight and aircraft information including photographs or tap an airport to see live arrivals and departures boards.
You can even use Augmented Reality (AR) view to identify planes overhead using your device camera.
Custom alerts are unlimited and free to use, so you can take a break from watching the air traffic and let the app notify you when a plane is in the air or nearby.
Powerful and unlimited custom filters are also free to use. You can create, save and name as many filters as you need for quick access to the planes you are interested in.
Add and browse bookmarks to saved locations around the globe to quickly navigate to areas or airports of interest.
Handoff is supported too!
If you prefer a list view of planes to the map view, use the sortable List View. You can also rearrange the table columns for ease of use.
FAA US and NATS UK aviation charts are available as an in app purchase as a visual alternative to standard maps.
Plane Finder has been featured by Gizmodo, CNN, GMA, BBC, Sunday Times, Mail on Sunday, CNET, Wired, GQ Magazine and many more. We have millions of happy users and Plane Finder is regularly updated with innovative new features. Our support team always listen to and reply to feedback.
At a glance our worldwide coverage includes -
• Europe 95% - realtime
• North America – 100% via slightly US delayed data – Nationwide realtime ADS-B network in place and capturing 95% of ADS-B equipped aircraft
• Rest of World – Excellent coverage in Australia, New Zealand, Central America, Brazil, Japan, Taiwan, Dubai, India, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Maldives, Mauritius, Singapore, Hong Kong and many more countries
Plane Finder works by picking up real time ADS‐B signals used by aircraft to transmit positional data to land based receivers. This technology is faster than traditional radar and is used for air traffic control and navigation. ADS‐B is not used by all airlines or aircraft, however this is changing and the number of aircraft tracked by ADS‐B is increasing all of the time. Traditional radar type data in near real time is also included for North America; this is subject to a short time delay.
Disclaimer: The use of the information presented using Plane Finder is strictly limited to pursuing enthusiast activities (i.e. for entertainment purposes), which specifically exclude any activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others.
Under no circumstances will the developer of this application be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement.
What's New in Version 7.4.4
The Plane Finder team are pleased to bring you another free update
This one includes...
• Huge performance improvements especially for older devices - why not zoom out and try it!
• AR no longer crashes when the camera permission is set to off - sorry about that one!
• Various tweaks and enhancements
We hope you've noticed that our coverage gets better and better too. Thank you to everyone that shares data and host receivers for us. Please let us know if you want to be a part of our network.
Thanks as always for all of your feedback and comments too. We do listen!
Each new version wipes out old reviews so please help us by leaving a new review. You should be prompted in a few days time!
We cannot reply to reviews so if you have any feedback for us please email email@example.com - we always reply.
30 seconds after downloading I found my plane. Knew where it was, its speed, its altitude, where it was and where it's going. You can watch all the flights in real time. When you zoom in it tells you what airline and flight number. Simply amazing.
Fun and informative
I've always wondered when I look up and see a big plane flying through the sky and wonder where it is headed, now I know! Even tells you how old planes are, all the flights it has flown, it's altitude/speed. Really fun to play around with
Rating this app
As a former controller, I like to be able to see all the information about each flight, such as speed, heading, etc. With a call sign, I have tracked an aircraft all the way across the country. Thanks!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 10, 2015
- Version: 7.4.4
- Size: 22.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: pinkfroot limited
- © pinkfroot limited 2010-2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- FAA VFR Charts - 1 Year Subscription$13.99
- FAA VFR Charts - 90 Day Subscription$6.99
- NATS VFR Chart - Scotland - 90 Day Subscription$6.99
- NATS VFR Chart - Northern England & Wales - 90 Day Subscription$6.99
- NATS VFR Chart - Southern England & Wales - 90 Day Subscription$6.99
- NATS VFR Chart - Southern England & Wales - 1 Year Subscription$13.99