- WHAT IS PLANET DIVER ABOUT? -
Planet Diver is about an adventurous daredevil tackling her newest obsession: Wing suit diving. With her close robotic companion Buddy she'll travel across space to seek out the most dangerous planets and their respective chasms to dive in. You'll dive through a variety of deadly and exotic planets, fighting off the flora and fauna of each locale, while collecting valuable star stuff to further fund your adventures.
Use your hard earned rewards to fly to more distant planets, as well as to acquire new outfits and special ability modifiers! Along the way you can compete online for the best dive or try to unlock rewards by completing tough challenges. Careful how deep you dive though... Who knows what slumbers within the planet's core?
- PLANET DIVER FEATURES -
- An extensive campaign made out of 3 planets, 9 biomes and 75 unique missions with a quirky story and challenges.
- Carefully crafted, randomly generated chasms that make each dive unique!
- An endless arcade mode for each planet that pushes the challenge to the limit.
- All planets have their own special biomes, obstacles, enemies and bosses!
- Fast paced gameplay where you need to avoid, brake and speed up like a pro!
- Unique obstacles and enemies like bats that follow your every move, lava that slowly cuts off your escape or a... giant whale?!
- A lot of terrifying boss fights that require fast reflexes and a sharp mind.
- A vibrant setting with a fun, quirky story to explore in the depth of space!
- A cool astro shop full of unlockables like diving suits, modifiers and music!
- Competitive leaderboards for the score junkies out there!
- Plenty of hidden easter eggs that can be found throughout the extensive planet surfaces you explore!
- NEW: A customizable dive mode, where you adjust the generation of the chasm!
- HOW DO I PLAY PLANET DIVER? -
The goal's simple, dive down while collecting all the star stuff along the way! Along the way you'll need to take the offensive or defensive to survive... This game might be easy to learn, but it is hard to master! The faster you go, the higher the star stuff multiplier. There are 75 missions to explore, and each level pushes you to new limits with specific goals you need to accomplish.
In your dives you collect star stuff, which is essential to your progress! You can spend it on outfits or modifiers that adjust your abilities! You can also spend them on star maps unlocking distant planets with new missions, obstacles, biomes and enemies!
Are you ready to tackle the vastness of space and become the raddest, intergalactic chasm diver? Yeah, of course you are! Get diving!
- QUOTES -
"Planet Diver is a very good arcade game that is both humorous and engaging with its retro style that is quite enjoyable. Fabraz has managed to create a very agreeable game for the iPhone and iPad."
- Kick my Geek
"Planet Diver does a lot of things that I really, really like (…)”
"Planet Diver was fun, and is definitely a recommended purchase to all gamers, and for a very cheap price to boot!”
- Fixed a critical issue with boss encounters.
- Other small bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Sound isn't working for me.
UPDATE: I went into Arcade mode, and somehow that fixed the music. Now I have music (but only while diving, not sure if there's supposed to be any in the menus). Unfortunately, I still don't have sound effects for some reason.
I can't seem to get sound fx, music, any audio at all from this app. Any help would be appreciated. It'd be a real shame if I had to play without sound, which so far makes all the music unlockables pretty pointless.
Lots of problems bury the potential.
So many problems here. Mostly the game just not fun because of poor game design. The writing is its saving grace, but the gameplay feels like the devs never bothered to playTest this at all.
The dodge mechanic feels broken at times. At times tapping to move left or right activates a dash that will get you hurt. Enemies seem to randomly hang around at random distances from you making trying to kill them next to impossible sometimes before they land a cheap hit. At high speeds enemies can become invisible thanks to the horrible color pallet choices.
Lava sometimes comes in so fast it's unavoidable.
The first boss fight for me is so poorly done that it's a game breaker for me. Trying to learn the bosses timing for its attacks, when to doge and when to attack seem impossible since its position on screen after dashing seems randomized. Sometimes it's at the far bottom of the screen, others it is close enough for a sprawl attack. It sometimes cheap shots you with a web laser combo that feels cheap and broken. Having many additional enemies on screen spitting spider webs at you while doing the boss fight breaks the mechanics and the encounter. Finally I figured out that I had to go through its legs and I killed it, but at that point I was burnt out of the game.
Later worlds have promise, but are still marred by bad design choices.
Finally the in app purchases and pace of earning gold in game give me the game is going Freemium soon.
Really cool game!
I have to say that this game is amazing! Both visual and game play is fantastic! It needs a little bit of learning curve, over all a really challenging but fun game to play!!
- Fabian Rastorfer
- 339.5 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Fabraz™
- In-App Purchases
- Ultra Pack $4.99
- Item Doubler $1.99
- Star Stuff Doubler $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.