Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Imagine you could call up a friend and say, "Meet me at the bar and tell me what's going on with the economy." Now imagine that's actually a fun evening. That's what we're going for at Planet Money. The team produces a twice-weekly show, a blog, and radio stories for NPR's flagship news programs, Morning Edition and All Things Considered.
Get the best Planet Money has to offer built specifically for your iPhone. It's the global economy in your pocket.
Features of the Planet Money app:
- Listen to full episodes of the show with easy access to the most recent episode.
- Save multiple stories for offline listening.
- Hear all Planet Money pieces from Morning Edition and All Things Considered.
- Read stories posted on the blog with photos, videos, graphics, and more.
- Easily share stories and episodes by email, Twitter or Facebook.
- Browse through a visual archive of all Planet Money content including episodes, radio pieces, and blog posts.
- Search for past content you may have missed.
- Explore stories by different content types, such as audio or text, or by themes like debt or trade.
- Get recommendations of related content to help you decide what to listen to next.
- Keep current with continuously updated stories and episodes.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
* Fixed links for stories shared via email.
* Fixed story deletion from the Listening Queue.
* Various small bug fixes.
Great Content - Poor App
As a longtime Planet Money fan, I jumped on this app as soon as I heard about it. The Planet Money podcast is fabulous, but the app is terrible. Frequent crashes; long load times; and general instability have plagued this app from Day 1.
The most current release may be more stable. I don't know. They seem to have removed the ability to download episodes for later listening - likely to address the stability problem. However, now the app is pretty much useless to me, as the times when I historically listen is when I am offline (and have time to listen with the most focus).
Historically I have used the app to queue up lots of episodes to listen to, binge-style, when I am offline (e.g. Airplane rides; mountain driving; etc.), so I apparently can't do that now. Instead, I'll have to ditch the app and go back to downloading episodes the old fashioned way and then manually sync them to my phone "like an animal!" (1st world problem, I know).
Again, the Planet Money podcast is wonderful. The app just isn't great at delivering that content.
Great content, good app
I love the additional content that goes along with the stories. The audio sounds great. I haven't ran into any problems.
Great app for planet money lovers
love the offline streaming mode as well
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 28, 2013
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 28.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NPR
- © NPR
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.