PlanGrid - The construction collaboration and annotation tool for the contractor and architect
By Loupe, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PlanGrid is a free construction app that lets contractors and architects collaborate with all their project plans, specs and photos on the iPad. Upload your PDF drawings to plangrid.com and they will automatically sync to all your teams iPads in real time! Any markups you make can also easily be shared with everyone on your construction project.
* Always have the current set with you, no matter where you are
* Automatic leaf-in and versioning of new plan revisions
* Automatic hyperlinking of all detail callouts! No effort on your part
* Cloud based annotations, markups sync to the team
* Automatic punchlists that sync and become searchable
* Quick field takeoff and estimating tools
* Markup your drawings with our full annotation suite
* Filter your drawings by system, revision, or however you’d like!
* Take progress photos and pin them to your blueprints
* Automatic uploading and tracking of progress photos
* Construction management tools like RFI posting and submittal distribution
What's New in Version 3.3.1
New in 3.3.1: This release is all about Performance and Polish
- New photo browser
- New project screen icon
- New download summary tooltip!
- Increased max zoom from 130% to 150%
- 64-bit support for iPhone 5s and iPad Air
- Squashed several bugs (thank you all for the reports!)
- Improved stability
Your feedback is always welcome, just chat with our San Francisco-based live support at www.plangrid.com
Far and away my favorite App
I look so smart when I use this in front of my client. Its pricey for an App ...but very worth it keeping my drawing set light and at my fingertips.
Great zoom in capability for the older guys onsite ... They don't want to use it sometimes but after a few introductory sessions they see how convenient it is and find themselves scrolling through prints.
Plus I can produce a punchlist that spells out it doesn't require the check signers to leave their respective desks.
There are a few critiques I'd give:
1) you can lose a markup off the main page on the app... It's visible when u zoom out but u can't select it or delete it in the log. But is removable from the website so it's correctable
2) you can't reorganize the sheets once uploaded. This is a bit annoying because it's tended to put my title sheets/notes in the back and I like them in the standard order.
3) the published punchlist report does not use the sheet names you've supplied during the upload process-- it only lists them with a number. So I'm looking for incomplete work on bldg 8 and it only says sheet #15.
4) the punchlist log should have a simple summary sheet setting. Not everyone wants all those detail spaced out over 40+pages (yea 40).
Overall these are minor offenses. Great app... Use it and get with the program.
This tool makes loading and editing very large PDF blueprint drawings fast and painless. In my work, I often mark up drawings for renovations and new healthcare construction with IT devices and notes. I've used Adobe and Visio and this beats those hands down. The ability to add colored notes on the drawing makes the information pop! With this tool you can move around a large full size drawing quickly to add edits. As fast as you can type. Also being able to open up a drawing on my iPad, even when off network, and swivel it around to show the customer is fantastic and really helps with communication in IT construction project management. My only wish would be the ability to add colored custom/standard symbols. -Nancy, LTC, LLC
Bigger than BIM
This is by far the largest advancement in electronics in the construction industry. 3D BIM is great but has turned into an extra cost and liability for contractors because the engineering industry does not take part in it. Plan Grid is a true tool and money saver for construction companies and is accepted by field supervision with excitement. It is so intuitive that even the most none computer savvy foreman can use it with ease. For PM's, you can whip it out as you're on the phone with your foreman and see the exact detail, note or sheet he is referring to and understand exactly what he is having an issue with without having to get to a set of plans that are updated with the latest PR's or RFI's. That's just a few advantages to Plan Grid, there is much more.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 30, 2013
- Version: 3.3.1
- Size: 19.3 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Loupe, Inc.
- © Loupe, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases