PlanGrid - The construction collaboration and annotation tool for the contractor and architect
By Loupe, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PlanGrid is a free construction app that lets contractors and architects collaborate with all their project plans, specs and photos on the iPad. Upload your PDF drawings to plangrid.com and they will automatically sync to all your teams iPads in real time! Any markups you make can also easily be shared with everyone on your construction project.
* Always have the current set with you, no matter where you are
* Automatic leaf-in and versioning of new plan revisions
* Automatic hyperlinking of all detail callouts! No effort on your part
* Cloud based annotations, markups sync to the team
* Automatic punchlists that sync and become searchable
* Quick field takeoff and estimating tools
* Markup your drawings with our full annotation suite
* Filter your drawings by system, revision, or however you’d like!
* Take progress photos and pin them to your blueprints
* Automatic uploading and tracking of progress photos
* Construction management tools like RFI posting and submittal distribution
What's New in Version 3.3.1
New in 3.3.1: This release is all about Performance and Polish
- New photo browser
- New project screen icon
- New download summary tooltip!
- Increased max zoom from 130% to 150%
- 64-bit support for iPhone 5s and iPad Air
- Squashed several bugs (thank you all for the reports!)
- Improved stability
Your feedback is always welcome, just chat with our San Francisco-based live support at www.plangrid.com
This tool makes loading and editing very large PDF blueprint drawings fast and painless. In my work, I often mark up drawings for renovations and new healthcare construction with IT devices and notes. I've used Adobe and Visio and this beats those hands down. The ability to add colored notes on the drawing makes the information pop! With this tool you can move around a large full size drawing quickly to add edits. As fast as you can type. Also being able to open up a drawing on my iPad, even when off network, and swivel it around to show the customer is fantastic and really helps with communication in IT construction project management. My only wish would be the ability to add colored custom/standard symbols. -Nancy, LTC, LLC
Bigger than BIM
This is by far the largest advancement in electronics in the construction industry. 3D BIM is great but has turned into an extra cost and liability for contractors because the engineering industry does not take part in it. Plan Grid is a true tool and money saver for construction companies and is accepted by field supervision with excitement. It is so intuitive that even the most none computer savvy foreman can use it with ease. For PM's, you can whip it out as you're on the phone with your foreman and see the exact detail, note or sheet he is referring to and understand exactly what he is having an issue with without having to get to a set of plans that are updated with the latest PR's or RFI's. That's just a few advantages to Plan Grid, there is much more.
Wonderful app! My job site crews are guinea pigs for the company. Every person may buy into this completely if all continues to go this well.
The app is user friendly and simple to navigate and manage on several devices. I currently have this on my PC, iPad Air, and iPhone. No questions or problems yet, but I know if I do run into any I can get a human to help me through customer service.
I cannot brag enough about what a space saver this is. I like how I can email screenshots as attachments through email immediately and stay in touch with anyone who needs to be involved with the project.
Bright idea for whoever thought of this one!
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 30, 2013
- Version: 3.3.1
- Size: 19.3 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Loupe, Inc.
- © Loupe, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases