Planimeter is a tool to measure land distances and areas on a map, to check bearing and geo-coordinates of a location. This measurement app is useful for outdoor activities and can be used as land surveyor by amateurs and professionals in various industries like sport, farming, landscaping, paving and construction, road building and repairing, real estate business, hiking and travel, fencing, lot building and planning, solar panel installation (roof area estimation), object mapping, lawn design, and many other where land area and distance / length calculations, land survey or maps are involved.
If you have any question about Planimeter and its functionality, please check How To Use Quick Guide:
Accurate distance and area calculation
Metric and Imperial units (m, km, feet, yards, miles, ha, acres)
Angle between lines
Bearings To and From the point
Forth and Back navigation through points by touch on Info Panel
GPS coordinates of a point
GPS accuracy settings (if GPS available)
Manage previously saved projects: open, save, share KML files
KML files created by Planimeter can be imported to GEarth and GMaps to view on a desktop
Send data by email: picture, coordinates as text message, KML file
Save KML or TXT in local storage
Zoom and Edit points
Current location search
Text (address) search
Delete selected/last/all points
Zoom to Fit-in and center points on a screen - quick points search
Add points by touch
Add current location as a point
Show location with Latitude and Longitude coordinates
Add points by Geo-coordinates: Lat and Lng
Option to center last point added
Option to show/hide lines
Preferences: location accuracy, tracking time interval, delete points confirmation, sound option for tracking
Separate units settings for distance, area, perimeter
Target Mode for accurate pin placement
Show current coordinates in Target Mode
Stylus Draw Mode
Manual pin placement in GPS Tracking
The app has been successfully used in different areas:
- outdoor activities: sports, golf (distance between two points or holes), bike tours, trail planning, travelling, quick path measure
- garden and yard: landscape planning, grass cutting, lawn care and mowing, fencing, grass seeding.
- agriculture, poultry and farming: harvesting, fertilizing, crops (corn, wheat, maize, beet, etc.) planning and estimation, field area measure, paddocks and area fencing for cows, horses, chickens, rabbits, etc.
- solar energy: area estimation for solar panels, flat roof area estimation
- construction: land survey, road sealing, parking lot repairing
- forestry: objects and tree mapping, damage area estimation, measure land area
- other: ponds size and are measure; pole lines planning; movement tracking; get exact GPS coordinates of way-points; fence calculation; geocaching.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
If you like the app and find it useful please support us with your feedback and comment.
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments or bug reports.
- stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for asphalt estimation but needs a few improvements
I just used this app to double check my field measurements instead of having to drive 2 hours, and measure in the field for another 2 hours..saving me time and money.
2 things I would to see in the future
1. It would be much easier and more accurate for my line of work if I could zoom in further on the satellite image. It’s fine if it’s pixelated, I just need more accurate points.
2. The pins need to be either translucent or simply small dots. The pins coming off the map effect covers up the image where I need to place my next point in some cases..thus causing loss of accuracy.
Hopefully these changes can be made, because at this point I’m still looking for a better app. Thank you
Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions!
We will consider your request about zoom for accurate pin placement.
Regarding your 2nd point, you can hide pins, lines, area by using short and LONG touch on Area and Distance buttons.
Contact email@example.com if have any other suggestions or need any help. Thank you for your support!
Instructional “videos” do not include a narrative, the developer makes the claim this can be used by professionals, then in the information after you purchase states “only accurate with 3m”. I’m looking for lot lines, 3m??? LOL THERE IS NO WAY ANY REVIEW HERE THAT SAYS THEY USE THIS FOR LAND DISPUTES, AND IT WORKS, IS AN ACTUAL REVIEW. If you are disputing where your fence goes...1 ft makes a HUGE difference let alone the +\- nearly 10 ft the developer disclaims after they take your money!
Thank you for your comment. Any mobile GPS gives you up to 3m accuracy in the best conditions. You can get better accuracy if you are using external GPS module. We don't buy fake reviews, you can check any of our app on App Store and Google Play - all reviews from 5* to 1* are all from real users and we try to answer all of them and provide support if needed. As you probably noticed the GPS tracking measurement is not only option in the app and IF YOU ARE TAKING MEASUREMENTS MANUALLY USING ACCURATE GEO-COORDINATES , YOU GET ALL MEASUREMENT RESULTS WITHIN REQUIRED 1FT AND EVEN LESS - SO IT FITS MENTIONED RANGE AND CAN BE USED FOR TASKS THAT USERS DESCRIBE. The app works as described and performs area and distance measurements on maps. Do you have any real issue with manual or GPS measurements in the app on your device? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you need further assistance.
Btw, on Google Play we offer "no question" refund if users are not satisfied with our app, on App Store developers don't have such an opportunity but you can always request cancel your purchase and get your refund via App Store, if it doesn't work contact us and we will try other options, so you can always get your money back if the app doesn't fit your requirements.
Seems to be very accurate
Seems to be very accurate but takes a little while to learn how to use. Overall like the app
Thank you for your feedback!
- VisTech.Projects LLC
- 13.3 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © VisTech.Projects LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.