Lack of light is the second most common cause of death of indoor plants after excessive watering.
Better light conditions will allow you to keep your plants healthy.
Measure the light levels for the price of a coffee!
How to use:
Select a location where you would like to place your plant.
Launch the application.
Point the camera upwards, in the direction of the source of natural light.
The maximum value that you get is the level of light available at this location.
How to interpret the measurement:
- Very low: Difficult for plants to survive.
- Low: For plants which can tolerate low levels of light such as aglaonema, parlor palm, philodendron.
- Medium: For the majority of indoor plants such as dracaena, pothos, spider plant.
- High: For plants which love light such as zebra plant, areca palm, croton.
- Detection of natural light
- Artificial lights are not supported
- 4 levels of intensity: very low to high
- Uses the rear camera only
- Intensity up to 16000 lux or 1500 fc
This application allows you to take a good measurement of the light levels for indoor plants. However, if you need very precise measurements, the use of professional equipment is recommended.
Minor user interface update
Ratings and Reviews
This is a simple, easy to use and straightforward tool for measuring light. It has a very attractive interface and updates to various light levels automatically. I’ve used another meter where you have to push a button to take a reading, but this does it on the fly, which is what I particularly like about it. My only suggestion is that it would be nice if one could use either the front or rear cameras.
Exactly what I needed
I keep killing plants because the place I decide to place them I think is what they need in light. Now I can plan better and purchase the right plant for the area I want a plant in.
Not compatible with iPhone Xs
Upgraded from an iPhone 7plus and I can’t allow this app access to my camera. The app doesn’t even show in Apple settings. Please fix this issue bc the app works great...or at least it used to
- Studio Nano Ship Inc
- 9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019, Studio Nano Ship Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.