Unearth the secrets of the green kingdom! Explore interactive dioramas of the forest, desert, and grasslands. Dozens of species spring to life & new surprises arise with every adventure in this STEM-aligned digital sandbox.
“If all apps were like Tinybop’s, we wouldn’t worry so much about our kids staring at screens.” — WIRED
Plants is No. 2 in Tinybop’s Explorer’s Library series, designed for curious kids ages 4+ to dive deep into big ideas. The apps in this series have won Best of the App Store, App Store Editors’ Choice, Parents’ Choice, and Children's Technology Review Editor’s Choice awards.
* Explore interactive dioramas of the forest, desert, and grasslands.
* Detailed illustrations show plants and animals in their natural habitats.
* Algorithmic animations yield new surprises in every play.
* Spin through days, nights, seasons, and years, to uncover each biome’s lifecycles over time.
* Conduct the weather, ignite a wildfire, and burrow with barking critters.
* See plant and animal life above and below ground.
* Learn new vocabulary with labels in 50+ languages, including scientific names (select languages on your device or in the dashboard).
* Identify species with removable and affixable labels.
* Digital sandbox encourages open exploration and learning.
* Create a dashboard to learn about new updates and apps, delete accounts, change languages, and support your kids’ experiences in all Tinybop apps.
* Smart-device features, including the microphone and gravity sensor, are employed for immersive effects.
* Original artwork and sound design.
* No rules or levels—curiosity is rewarded.
Our expert-reviewed handbook is full of facts, interaction hints, and discussion questions to support learning in this app, in the classroom or at home. Download in your app or at: http://tinybop.com/handbooks.
We take your and your child’s privacy very seriously. We do not collect or share personal information about your child, nor do we allow any third-party advertising.
When the camera, microphone, and other services are used within an app, your information is neither collected nor distributed outside of the app.
Tinybop, Inc. is a Brooklyn-based studio of designers, engineers, and artists. We make toys for tomorrow. We’re all over the internet.
Visit us: www.tinybop.com
Follow us: twitter.com/tinybop
Like us: facebook.com/tinybop
Peek behind the scenes: instagram.com/tinybop
We love hearing your stories! If you have ideas, or something isn’t working as you expect it to, please contact us: email@example.com.
Compatible with iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 Plus, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad 2, 3, mini, and Air. **This app is optimized for iPad 2 and iPhone 4s or higher. Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
BTW. It's not Tiny Bop, or Tiny Bob, or Tiny Pop. It's Tinybop.
Minor improvements. ٩(^.^)۶
Ratings and Reviews
See how plants and animals interacts in nature.
Please add spoke audio when tapped
I bought the first bundle based on Apple’s nice feature of their apps. I agree with the other reviewers, not intuitive enough for kids. Even if intended for use with parents, spoken responses labeling things is crucial for kids still learning to read. I do appreciate the sophistication level but their is a way to make the base level interactions more fun/responsive as well.
Also, I’m so sick of apps having a big link on the homepage to buy more of their apps. Apparently developers have no idea how often kids get stuck trying to buy new apps and not knowing what to do. Even worse after buying 10 of their apps the ads for all the apps I bought link to the App Store rather than the app I already bought.
As a designer I give the app design a B+, the app icon design maybe the weakest link.
We're sorry to hear that you're disappointed. I have shared your concerns and requests with the rest of the team! If you'd like, you can record sounds in the app. To record sounds, hold your finger in place anywhere on the screen within the app. Once you see a red recording symbol appear, you may begin to record sounds. To finish your recording, simply lift your finger. To listen to your recordings, simply tap the spot that you tapped to make your recording, then tap the play button. If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
It's a good idea and I like the concept, but for an app geared towards kids "5 and under" it's disappointing the plant and tree names can't be spoken/read to the child. My 4 year old certainly can't read these big words. It's a little confusing also to navigate and figure out what exactly you're doing. Hope it gets better, I do like the concept!
Thanks for the feedback! We're always listening. We design our apps with the hope that parents and kids will play together — so that children can explore and discover lots on their own but ask parents questions when they have them. Did you see our free handbook (in the dashboard or parent's section of your app) with interaction tips and more information? If not, you may find it helpful: http://tinybop.com/handbooks#plants
- Tinybop Inc.
- 362.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Uighur, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tinybop Inc., 2016
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.