Plants by Tinybop
By Tinybop Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Unearth the secrets of the green kingdom! Explore the forest, desert, and grasslands in this interactive diorama of the world’s biomes. Conduct the seasons and the weather, ignite a wildfire, and burrow with barking critters. Dozens of species spring to life with algorithmic animations; new surprises arise with every adventure in this STEM-aligned digital sandbox for kids ages 4 - 10.
“If all apps were like Tinybop’s, we wouldn’t worry so much about our kids staring at screens.” — WIRED, June 3, 2014
Plants is the second app in the Explorer’s Library, a series of playscapes designed for kids to dive deep into big ideas. Tinybop’s first app, The Human Body, has reached the #1 spot on the App Store’s education charts in 144 countries and was named one of the App Store’s Best of 2013.
• Temperate forest, desert, and (new!) grasslands are featured in this release of Plants. Buy it now and get the tundra biome for free when it’s released.
• Next up: taiga, tropical savanna, mangroves, and tropical rainforest biomes are forthcoming.
• Detailed, accurate illustrations show scores of plants and animals in their natural habitats.
• Algorithmic animations yield new surprises in every play.
• Spin through days, nights, seasons, and years, to uncover each biome’s lifecycles over time.
• See plant and animal life above and below ground.
• Free, downloadable handbook highlights learnings and interaction tips for parents and teachers.
• Easily switch between text labels in 50+ languages, including scientific names (select languages on your device or in the dashboard).
• Learn and identify species with removable and affixable labels.
• Digital sandbox encourages open exploration and learning.
• A recording tool enables kids and parents to ask each other questions.
• A universal dashboard allows parents to support kids’ learning and view, save, and share conversations with their kids in all Tinybop apps.
• In-device features, including the microphone and gravity sensor, are employed for immersive effects.
• Original artwork and sound design.
• No rules or levels—curiosity is rewarded.
• COPPA compliant.
To enrich your learning experience, a free handbook full of facts and interaction tips is available on our site. Download the Plants Handbook here: http://tinybop.com/handbooks.
We take your and your child’s privacy very seriously. We do not collect or share personal information about your child, nor do we allow any third-party advertising.
When the camera, microphone, and other services are used within an app, your information is neither collected nor distributed outside of the app.
Tinybop, Inc. is a Brooklyn-based studio of designers, engineers, and artists building educational apps for curious kids.
For news and new releases
Visit us: www.tinybop.com
Follow us: twitter.com/tinybop
Like us: facebook.com/tinybop
Peek behind the scenes: instagram.com/tinybop
Your feedback is appreciated; keep it coming! If you have ideas, or if something isn’t working as you expect, please contact us: email@example.com.
Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, Flemish, French, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uyghur, Urdu, Uzbek, and Vietnamese!
What's New in Version 1.1.4
Updated to play better with our new Tinybop apps, Homes, Simple Machines, and The Robot Factory.
What a beautiful app!
This app has amazing attention to detail, from the beautiful artwork to the sound design. My kids love making the animals run around and go underground. The animal sounds have them cracking up. The labels are great for teaching them about plant parts, which they’ve also been learning in school. This app has kept them occupied of hours.
A very unique app
I am mostly impressed at how this app does not feel the need to speak down to my kids. It has a very sophisticated design and interface that they love to engage with. Our favorite part is planting acorns and watching them grow through the seasons. I highly recommend it for anyone with a childlike curiosity.
Patience pays off
I can see why someone would view this app and get frustrated immediately, but the magic lies in patience. Once my little ones experimented with this app for a little while, they were unlocking all sorts of wonders! Love that its teaching our kids to be less reliant on instant gratification.
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 21, 2015
- Version: 1.1.4
- Size: 205 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Uighur, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Tinybop Inc.
- © 2014 Tinybop Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.