Instantly identify plants of all kinds: flowers, trees, succulents, mushrooms, cacti and more! PlantSnap is the revolutionary plant identification app from Earth.com built to help you instantly identify plants in a snap.
Users on iOS12 can experience instant plant recognition, no framing or snapping required! Simply tap a detected plant on your device for information on the plant in a real-time Augmented Reality view.
PlantSnap now works in every country on Earth and is translated into 30 languages! Our database has been upgraded to over 500,000 species, and the algorithm is now 94% accurate.
Have you ever been on a hike, vacation or simply on an afternoon walk and wondered what species that plant, flower or tree was? Take a picture of the plant and PlantSnap will tell you what it is in seconds using its robust plant database.
With Plantsnap, you can reconnect to the natural world around you and learn about nearby plants, or browse our gallery to discover new and exotic plants all across the globe. Plantsnap also comes with a map of plants nearby to help you get out and explore. Whether you find peace and mindfulness from hiking, or if you are interested in studying nature, Plantsnap has the resources and technology you need.
PlantSnap also comes paired with a seamlessly integrated companion website, allowing you to upload photos from your computer for instant identification or check items from your plant collection.
PlantSnap is powered by deep learning and artificial intelligence, meaning that it actually learns and improves with every image you feed it. Every image you take makes PlantSnap better and adds to the growing Plant Database. Get out there and start PlantSnapping!
Identify Plants with Your Camera
• Instantly learn the name of plants, flowers and trees with a picture!
• Open the PlantSnap app, snap a photo, and watch the PlantSnap Database name the plant in seconds.
Auto-Detect Plants to Identify
• PlantSnap automatically tells you when a plant is framed well
• Tap the screen where the flower is highlighted for the most accurate results
Augmented Reality Plant Identification (requires iOS12)
• Watch amazing Augmented Reality animations over a plant
• View information on a plant through an AR interface
• Our database is global and our results are instantaneous. There are currently 585,000 plant species in our worldwide database
• PlantSnap currently has 90% of all known plant species on Earth in our database, and we continue to train more species into our algorithm every month.
Plant Identification & Learning Algorithms
• Our algorithm is retrained and improved every month using the 200,000+ anonymous images taken by our users every day
• PlantSnap will update automatically for you every time we add a new batch of species, no additional fees required
• Visit my.plantsnap.com with your PlantSnap account
• View your collection from the app on the web
• Add photos to identify from your desktop, then keep track of things on your mobile
Discover the World Around You
• Use the Explore section to view every anonymous photo taken with the PlantSnap app anywhere on the entire planet
• Gamify your hikes with friends and family! Plantsnap lets you build a library of every plant, tree or flower you've snapped. See how many you can collect!
• Get some fresh air and improve your mood! Plantsnap connects the divide between technology and nature.
Download PlantSnap now and start PlantSnapping!
**Be sure to watch our instructional video to get the most accurate results!**
**Please check your email after purchasing for more detailed information.**
We are looking to make Plantsnap better all the time. Please leave your feedback in the app to help Plantsnap grow!
With the launch of iOS 12 we are excited to bring you a fresh new look and a handful of new features:
• Auto-detection of flowers and leaves for seamless recognition (iOS 12 required). No more framing your snaps - just tap one of the detected plants and have it identified in the blink of an eye.
• Learn about plants in Augmented Reality!
• Our brand new explore screen, where you can check the map for nearby plants.
• A fully redesigned login/register screen with great improvements to known issues.
• A brand new Inbox where you will see all notifications for the snaps you sent for manual identification.
• The User and More tab are now combined in one, for easier and more intuitive navigation.
• An overall update to the app design.
And that's all coming with an update to our plant database, which now has over 585,000 species and an update to our identification algorithm, which will now bring you even better results!
Have fun snapping and let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
What a wonderful app, and a wonderful concept! Its not 100% accurate 100% of the time, but you honestly can’t expect it to be with something as diverse as plants. So far almost all of the plants I’ve tried this out on have been accurate (and I’ve been doing it on plants that I already know) and most of the ones where the best guess wasn’t correct had the correct plant in the “if it’s not this, then it might be one of these” area at the bottom of the screen.
For those of you that are salty about the app not being perfectly accurate every single time, you have to understand that with something like plants, many species are extremely similar to each other, and you can’t forget that these are living things with their own diversity amongst their own kind. You might have two red clovers side by side, but they’re not going to be *exactly* the same. The fact that this app is accurate more than 50% of the time is phenomenal, let alone the fact that probably 20 of the 30 something plants I’ve snapped have been correct.
The more people that add photos and data to this app, the more accurate it will be! Do not expect perfection, but expect to be wowed at how wonderful it is. I highly recommend the tutorials on how to take the best photos for the app to best “read” the picture as well, they’re very helpful.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for the kind words and for being a part of PlantSnap, The1920s! Please write to email@example.com if you need help or have questions in the future. Tech support is there 24/7/365! We truly appreciate you!
Amazing App for any plant lover!
I absolutely love this app and cannot say enough good things about it. I love walking through different botanical gardens, greenhouses, or even just hiking, and now when I’m curious about a plant, or just think it looks interesting I can use Plant Snap! Not only does this let me look back on the plant later, but I also learn a lot of information about it. However I do have one improvement that would make the app even better. Because I love plants so much, I own several and was so happy that I could organize them online on Plant Snap. However I wish there was a section that talked about plant care specifically for that pant you take a picture of. I know this is a monumentally huge task given how many plants are in the system, but my primary use for the app is for organizing plants I grow myself. It would be really beneficial to learn growing technics (how difficult, how much water/sunlight, etc) for the plants you snap. Often times I’ll snap a plant in the wild and want to buy it from a nursery but I’ll have to leave the app and google the information instead of it being presented within the app. Overall though this is an amazing app and I am very happy with my purchase! Thank you so much for creating this app and continue to release amazing updates 🌱
Developer Response ,
Hi djkdjk2, thank you very much for being a part of PlantSnap! We are currently working to provide more information for each species on our database. It might just take some time and effort because of 585,000 species that we need to work on our database. But most of it have lot's of information about the species. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help or have questions or suggestions in the future. Tech support is there 24/7/365!
A little bit of patience is all you need!
This app is truly amazing, despite it not always providing an EXACT match every single time. No two plants look exactly the same, but this app provides more than one result, and from the other options, you can find other plants in the same family, look that up in the search icon, and you can narrow your results down quite easily and soon find your plant! It’s almost IMPOSSIBLE to get your exact match by just snapping a picture and that’s not the apps fault necessarily because the diversity in plants is just too wide for any database to pinpoint an exact match first time around, but it does give you many different approaches to finding your plant in the end. All it takes is a little patience:) As for a suggestion towards the future update to improve the app’s function, I wish that there was a way that you could add plants to your collection from what you search in the search bar. I would love to document all of my plants in my collection, even the ones that I already know the names of, but I have to go through the process of taking a picture, suggesting a name, and then finding my plant and adding it that way. It’s not the end of the world, but I would still love for that to be a new feature!
Developer Response ,
Hello NSK! Thank you very much for being a part of PlantSnap! We love the suggestion about adding from the search bar. Great idea! We will definitely add that to our list! Please write to email@example.com if you need help or have questions or suggestions in the future. Tech support is there 24/7/365!
- PlantSnap, Inc.
- 165.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © PlantSnap, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.