Instantly identify plants of all kinds: flowers, trees, succulents, mushrooms, cacti and more! PlantSnap is the revolutionary plant identification app from Earth.com built to help you instantly identify plants in a snap.
With our latest update, PlantSnap now works in every continent on Earth! Our algorithm recognizes 90% of all species on the planet, with over 500,000 species in our searchable database.
Have you ever been on a hike, vacation or simply on an afternoon walk and wondered what species that plant, flower or tree was? Take a picture of the plant and PlantSnap will tell you what it is in seconds using its robust plant database.
With Plantsnap, you can reconnect to the natural world around you and learn about nearby plants, or browse our gallery to discover new and exotic plants all across the globe. Whether you find peace and mindfulness from hiking, or if you are interested in studying nature, Plantsnap has the resources and technology you need.
PlantSnap also comes paired with a seamlessly integrated companion website, allowing you to upload photos from your computer for instant identification or check items from your plant collection.
PlantSnap is powered by deep learning and artificial intelligence, meaning that it actually learns and improves with every image you feed it. Every image you take makes PlantSnap better and adds to the growing Plant Database. Get out there and start PlantSnapping!
Identify Plants with Your Camera
• Instantly learn the name of plants, flowers and trees with a picture!
• Snap a picture with your camera, plug the picture into PlantSnap and watch the Plant Database name the plant!
• Our database is global and our results are instantaneous. There are currently 500,000 plant species in our worldwide database, most with photos and descriptions.
• More than just flowers and trees- PlantSnap has mushrooms, succulents, cactus and more
• PlantSnap covers over ALL of the plants worldwide and hopes to fully cover almost every known plant species on Earth soon!
Plant Identification & Learning Algorithms
• Our algorithm is learning 50,000 new species per month
• PlantSnap will update automatically for you every time we add a new batch of species, no additional fees required
• Visit my.plantsnap.com with your PlantSnap account
• View your collection from the app on the web
• Add photos to identify from your desktop, then keep track of things on your mobile
Discover the World Around You
• Rediscover nature with the help of a botanist in your pocket.
• Gamify your hikes with friends and family! Plantsnap lets you build a library of every plant, tree or flower you've snapped. See how many you can collect!
• Get some fresh air and improve your mood! Plantsnap connects the divide between technology and nature.
• Connecting to nature can be good for mindfulness or spirituality. Whether you’re an avid hiker on the trails or a botanist in a garden, quickly gain knowledge of the plants around you.
• Vacationing in another country? PlantSnap isn't just for the flowers in your garden. We have a global database of plants and works wherever you are!
Stop wondering what those plants, flowers or trees are called, and instantly know their name by snapping a picture! Have access to our growing Plant Database, and stay up-to-date on new plant species!
Download PlantSnap now and start PlantSnapping!
**Be sure to watch our instructional video to get the most accurate results!**
**Please check your email after purchasing for more detailed information.**
We are looking to make Plantsnap better all the time. Please leave your feedback in the app to help Plantsnap grow!
Fixed a bug causing a crash when opening details for a plant.
Ratings and Reviews
What a wonderful app, and a wonderful concept! Its not 100% accurate 100% of the time, but you honestly can’t expect it to be with something as diverse as plants. So far almost all of the plants I’ve tried this out on have been accurate (and I’ve been doing it on plants that I already know) and most of the ones where the best guess wasn’t correct had the correct plant in the “if it’s not this, then it might be one of these” area at the bottom of the screen.
For those of you that are salty about the app not being perfectly accurate every single time, you have to understand that with something like plants, many species are extremely similar to each other, and you can’t forget that these are living things with their own diversity amongst their own kind. You might have two red clovers side by side, but they’re not going to be *exactly* the same. The fact that this app is accurate more than 50% of the time is phenomenal, let alone the fact that probably 20 of the 30 something plants I’ve snapped have been correct.
The more people that add photos and data to this app, the more accurate it will be! Do not expect perfection, but expect to be wowed at how wonderful it is. I highly recommend the tutorials on how to take the best photos for the app to best “read” the picture as well, they’re very helpful.
Thank you very much for the kind words and for being a part of PlantSnap, The1920s! Please write to email@example.com if you need help or have questions in the future. Tech support is there 24/7/365! We truly appreciate you!
A little bit of patience is all you need!
This app is truly amazing, despite it not always providing an EXACT match every single time. No two plants look exactly the same, but this app provides more than one result, and from the other options, you can find other plants in the same family, look that up in the search icon, and you can narrow your results down quite easily and soon find your plant! It’s almost IMPOSSIBLE to get your exact match by just snapping a picture and that’s not the apps fault necessarily because the diversity in plants is just too wide for any database to pinpoint an exact match first time around, but it does give you many different approaches to finding your plant in the end. All it takes is a little patience:) As for a suggestion towards the future update to improve the app’s function, I wish that there was a way that you could add plants to your collection from what you search in the search bar. I would love to document all of my plants in my collection, even the ones that I already know the names of, but I have to go through the process of taking a picture, suggesting a name, and then finding my plant and adding it that way. It’s not the end of the world, but I would still love for that to be a new feature!
Hello NSK! Thank you very much for being a part of PlantSnap! We love the suggestion about adding from the search bar. Great idea! We will definitely add that to our list! Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help or have questions or suggestions in the future. Tech support is there 24/7/365!
Great reference app!
I was kinda skeptical at first... I got this app after a bad two weeks of poison ivy. The videos and tutorials have helped me make sure my success rate with the algorithm stays high- big thanks for that! As I continue to “collect” new flowers and plants that grow on my property, I’m really enjoying the fun info and feeling like I have a botanist in my pocket at all times. I would recommend for future updates: 1) mushroom and fungus descriptions to know if it’s safe for eating raw, cooking, is hallucinogenic, or deadly. The idea of knowing what’s edible out there from dandelions to whitecap mushrooms would be really cool to capture and enjoy. 2) augmented reality... live video collecting various plants and flowers, and the algorithm can be focused to know its a location based collection, so there’s no overseas plants, etc which could aid in faster live identification. This could also help see where poison ivy, poison oak, or various toxic plants are. I could see some sort of game of collecting or helping identify could help you collect points, and redeem them to have someone plant a tree... idk. Great app! Thanks!
Thank you very much for the kind words and for being a part of PlantSnap, Montana Tim! Please write to email@example.com if you need help or have questions or suggestions in the future. Tech support is there 24/7/365!
- PlantSnap, Inc.
- 190.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © PlantSnap, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.