Plastiq - Pay bill with a photo
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured in "New Apps We Love" by Apple: Plastiq makes paying bills as easy as taking a selfie. Simply snap a photo or screenshot of any invoice or e-bill, and we'll remind you when it's due and let you pay in seconds with your credit or debit card.
Yahoo! Tech: "While the app is definitely easier than paying through your bank, what really makes Plastiq stand out is that it allows you to pay with your credit card, ensuring that you can much more easily manage your money, while gaining any rewards available on your card."
- Hundreds of millions of dollars in processed payments
- Works for bills or invoices from any business located in United States or Canada
- Supports both electronic and printed bills or invoices
- Works especially well for tuition, utilities, insurance, mortgage/rent
- All MasterCard, Visa, and American Express cards supported
- Fees will apply on payment
- No limits on payment size
- Simple bill addition via camera or screenshot
- Automatic digitization of important bill details from photo
- Due-date reminders via push notifications
- Schedule payments
- Easy payments from credit or debit card, even if the business doesn’t accept cards
- Manage all your bills from one place
- Save time and worries – eliminate your stack of bills
- Never forget to pay a bill again
- Earn rewards on payments you’re already making
- Great for business expenses – Plastiq fee is tax-deductible
“One stop shop to pay all your bills or send money using one or more payment methods. There are a lot of companies around that do not accept certain payment methods. This is the convenience that the Plastiq service provides.”
“A hassle-free way to pay your bills via credit card and simplify your monthly accounting.”
“It simplifies our lives SO much that most of our expenses can now be paid automatically by credit card using Plastiq. No check writing, we have ways to track our card payments, and we get the points!”
“As far as making payments go, I try to consolidate everything as much as possible. I hate having to mail checks and keep track of how each expense is supposed to be paid, so paying them all through Plastiq has saved me from potential mistakes and a lot of hassle.”
“We live in an online world and have embraced it wholeheartedly! No more check writing, and vendors are never waiting for their money.”
While the possible uses for Plastiq are virtually endless, there are a few payments we cannot support:
- credit card bills
- collections agencies
- paying yourself or your own company
- person to person transfers
- trust or retirement funds
What's New in Version 1.4.0
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Lacks important functionality
I fail to see why an app which allows you to, in my case, pay your rent with your credit card won't allow you to add a recipient or schedule a payment to an existing recipient. Sure, the ability to add a bill by snapping a photo is novel, but many folks don't receive bills for rent. I had to add my landlord by logging in to the website. Even so, I can't pay them through the app - only the website. App is essentially useless for this purpose. It seems more like a half-hearted attempt and an afterthought at that. I'm all for streamlined, minimalist design, but come on - really. Having to use the website for basic functions really negates the point of having an app at all.
One of a kind.
Two things: first, this is a great app for paying small bills. We get a lot of small medical bills and I hate taking time to call their accounting department and wait to pay over the phone, or enter them into my online banking account (haven't written a check in 6 years). Second, you can ignore all the reviews denouncing the app because they can't pay their rent without an invoice. Give me a break. That is NOT what this app was designed for, so don't complain about the developers. That's dumb.
Plastiq is wonderful!
I learned Plastiq two months ago and I like it because I can pay all kinds of bills by credit card through Plastiq, such as medical bills, house utilities bills, even mortgage. The app is very easy and quick. I just photoed the bills after I got bills and then send them. I really love it. I think I will continue to use it in the future. But it would be better if I can type info of bills in the app like on the website. But I still like it!