The trends, recipes and flavors of Plate magazine come to life in the iPad Edition. Each issue offers an in-depth exploration of an ingredient, technique or flavor trend, and interviews with leading chefs about how they apply them in their restaurants. Each issue of the magazine features more than 60 recipes created by top chefs, accompanied by stunning original food photography. Discover the latest culinary trends from professional kitchens, and meet the chefs who inspire the menus.
Digital Edition features:
•A FREE sample issue
•Access thousands of recipes through live links to Plateonline.com, home of the largest database of professional restaurant recipes (free registration required)
•Search back issues by topic, chef or recipe
•Single-copy and quarterly subscriptions available
You may purchase subscriptions to the Plate iPad Edition through the in-app store. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase:
•Quarterly subscription (3 months) for US$6.99, automatically renewed until canceled
Your subscription will automatically continue unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your credit card will automatically be charged for another subscription period at the current subscription price. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal via your iTunes Account Settings. Subscriptions cannot be canceled during the active subscription period.
Terms of service:
- Added New Menu: Allows quick access to all views in the app from the Issue Gallery (Hub). This will also include social media links and publisher website links.
- New Advertisers View: Advertisers will appear in the same “tile” format as seen in the “Contents View” when accessed from the new Menu.
- Compatibility updates for iOS 10
- Minor bug fixes and stability enhancements
- Native 64-bit compliant
Ratings and Reviews
Getting better all the time
Plate Magazine is the go-to periodical for cooks, chefs and restaurateurs. It sets the standard.
The app's new, and the producers are sorting out the bugs -- but they are listening to comments, and the (minor) problems are disappearing as fast as samples of fine chocolate at a food show.
If there's something wrong, or a feature you think is missing, drop Plate a note. They've listened to me, and I'm no award-winning chef. They'll surely listen to you.
Magazines download smoothly. Interactive items are operating. Magazines have the same high-quality content that makes the print periodical a steady seller in two tough industries (food and publishing).
Subscriptions aren't cheap, but you get what you pay for. If you want to read what professional chefs are reading, and you don't want paper magazines cluttering your space, then Plate is a fine choice.
The Go-To reference
Plate magazine has been for some time the go-to reference for me. Keeps me current with trends and gives me plenty of "how-to's". Highly recommend. And am looking forward to using the iPad app.
The content of the magazine is ok....if you are lucky enough to download it. The application is very poorly designed and should be improved for better and faster downloads. I have had the subscription for a few months now and till now have not been able to down load a FULL magazine. I only have a few pages from each month. What a disappointment.
- Marketing & Technology Group Inc.
- 28.8 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Plate Magazine $6.99
- Plate Menu Maestros $1.99
- Plate Magazine Jan/Feb 2013 Fermentation $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.