Encourage early science learning with Play and Learn Science, a suite of educational kids games from PBS KIDS! Let your kids play a wide range of games, all while building and developing problem-solving skills as well as learning core scientific concepts.
Teach and play with your kids, and show them how science is part of the world around them. Allow your young children to play. Show your kids real-world experiences in fun educational games that teach science through play!
Don’t just let your kids play - play with them! Play and Learn science offers parents tips and tricks on how to encourage thinking outside of the box. Hands-on activities for every game help bring the experiences in the app into the real world.
Make learning science fun with Play and Learn Science today!
GAMES THAT TEACH
• 12 engaging games covering core science topics
• Keep rolling! Roll different objects down ramps and over different materials to learn about the physics of moving objects and the forces that push and pull them.
• Play with the sun and the shadows! Learn how light and objects interact, even during different times of the day
• How does the weather work? Play with different weather controls to understand temperature and how it affects living things.
MAKE LEARNING FUN
• Kids from pre-school to kindergarten (pre-k) can get a fun head-start on their education
• Learn about Earth Science, Physical Science and Life Science through fun games
• Reward your kids with fun drawing tools and stickers for each game they play
SPEND TIME WITH YOUR CHILD
• Fun activities that you and your kids can enjoy! Go outside and see how the science really works!
• Developed in collaboration with early childhood experts for the optimal learning experience
• Read tips for parent-child engagement and activities that bring the lessons into the real world
• Switch between English and Spanish with the push of a button
It’s time for your kids to know how learning science can be fun! Start playing and learning – download now for free!
ABOUT PBS KIDS
The Play and Learn Science app is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and digital media, as well as community-based programs.
For more PBS KIDS apps, visit http://www.pbskids.org/apps.
ABOUT READY TO LEARN
The Play and Learn Science app was created as part of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) and PBS Ready To Learn Initiative with funding from the U.S. Department of Education. The contents of the app were developed under a cooperative agreement #U295A150003, from the U.S. Department of Education. However, these contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.
Small fixes to improve your Play & Learn Science experience!
Ratings and Reviews
Explore the science behind weather patterns and experiment with different environment.
Great concept but needs a major tweak
Love this as a (very) simple approach to basic STEM concepts and applications for preschoolers. The only major problem is that there needs to be an option TO TURN OFF THE SOUND. Seriously. While the “explanations” may be helpful for some kids, most kids are going to get the most out of it by exploring without the treacly voiceover. And parents are going to get tired of that vouce REAL fast.
This is a fabulous learning tool!
I am a kindergarten teacher and my students love this app! I showed it to my students today and they did not want to stop playing it. It is so great to have an educational app that my students love and it engages their brains too!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.